Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

Default Ed on cover of new GW

Didnt see this posted.
    If its a duplicate please delete.

http://www.guitarworld.com/eddie-van...015-cover-star
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

We figured you wouldn't mind a sneak preview of the next Guitar World cover!

For the June 2015 issue, guitar legend Eddie Van Halen is back, making his first cover appearance since the February 2014 issue.

In our new exclusive interview by Chris Gill, the guitarist chronicles the making of Tokyo Dome Live in Concert, Van Halen’s first official live record with David Lee Roth. He also discusses his super-secret new guitar amp and EVH Gear's mysterious Star Guitar, the latest addition to the company's ultra-cool Stripe Series.

Here's a taste!

What was the motivation for releasing a live album at this point in Van Halen’s career?

We realized that we have never made a live album with Dave. Since we had already released a studio album with Wolfgang playing on it, it also made sense for us to do a live album with both Wolf and Dave. Another reason why we put out a live record was to give people the experience of hearing us play our classic songs live.

Did you record any other shows or just the Tokyo show?

We have a Pro Tools rig out by the front of the house and have recorded every show since the beginning of the 2007 tour when Dave first got back in the band. But we never originally intended to put out a live record. We just recorded our shows to archive them.

We have so much material that it was too overwhelming to listen to about 150 shows and pick the best one. I didn’t even bother listening to any of the past shows, outside of a few jams here and there. We played pretty much the same set every night, although we changed a few songs here and there. We played the classics. That’s what people want to hear.

Because the performances by Alex, Wolfgang and myself were pretty consistent from one night to the next, we decided to leave it up to Dave to pick, and he happened to pick Tokyo. Performing live is a lot harder on a singer. Wolfgang and I sing backup vocals on the choruses, so we know how much the vocals can vary from one night to the next.

When your voice is your instrument, you can be affected by a lot of different things. If you sleep with the air conditioner on or the bus ride is too long, you can wake up the next day with a fucked up voice. That’s the main reason we decided to let Dave pick.

The June 2015 issue of Guitar World will be available April 28.

Last edited by Number 47; 04.16.15 at 02:00 PM.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

We figured you wouldn't mind a sneak preview of the next Guitar World cover!

For the June 2015 issue, guitar legend Eddie Van Halen is back, making his first cover appearance since the February 2014 issue.

In our new exclusive interview by Chris Gill, the guitarist chronicles the making of Tokyo Dome Live in Concert, Van Halen’s first official live record with David Lee Roth. He also discusses his super-secret new guitar amp and EVH Gear's mysterious Star Guitar, the latest addition to the company's ultra-cool Stripe Series.

Here's a taste!

What was the motivation for releasing a live album at this point in Van Halen’s career?

We realized that we have never made a live album with Dave. Since we had already released a studio album with Wolfgang playing on it, it also made sense for us to do a live album with both Wolf and Dave. Another reason why we put out a live record was to give people the experience of hearing us play our classic songs live.

Did you record any other shows or just the Tokyo show?

We have a Pro Tools rig out by the front of the house and have recorded every show since the beginning of the 2007 tour when Dave first got back in the band. But we never originally intended to put out a live record. We just recorded our shows to archive them.

We have so much material that it was too overwhelming to listen to about 150 shows and pick the best one. I didn’t even bother listening to any of the past shows, outside of a few jams here and there. We played pretty much the same set every night, although we changed a few songs here and there. We played the classics. That’s what people want to hear.

Because the performances by Alex, Wolfgang and myself were pretty consistent from one night to the next, we decided to leave it up to Dave to pick, and he happened to pick Tokyo. Performing live is a lot harder on a singer. Wolfgang and I sing backup vocals on the choruses, so we know how much the vocals can vary from one night to the next.

When your voice is your instrument, you can be affected by a lot of different things. If you sleep with the air conditioner on or the bus ride is too long, you can wake up the next day with a fucked up voice. That’s the main reason we decided to let Dave pick.

The June 2015 issue of Guitar World will be available April 28.

Japeape, look at the content in the bubble right by Eddie's head. Hehe.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Liked 186 Times in 92 Posts

Can't wait to have it.
    "I could call it anything, but the only word I can think of is Brown. It's just a warm sound. Warm, big, majestic" - Eddie Van Halen on his Tone

"Van Halen is definitely a ladies band, and Ive got the Polaroids to prove it". - David Lee Roth

WOLFGANG did the IMPOSSIBLE, he brought back VAN HALEN, DEAL WITH IT.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:58 PM
    Liked 7,885 Times in 4,611 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Translation:

"We know that Dave sounds like crap a lot of the time but hey....WE'RE playing great!"

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 6,849 Times in 3,587 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    Japeape, look at the content in the bubble right by Eddie's head. Hehe.
    ...and Steve Vai is under Ed's heel.

10. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:27 PM
    Liked 6,974 Times in 5,010 Posts

Premium Member

Awesome !!!

Can't wait to pick it up . Ed looks good , and the new Star guitar is rawkin' too
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 122 Times in 44 Posts

And Ed spills the beans on why Oakland 81 was never released as a live album.
    VH Shows

5/12/79-NYC VH2
    7/26/80-Uniondale,NY Women & Children
    7/17/81-MSG,NYC Fair Warning
    10/9/82-Syracuse,NY Diver Down
    10/13/82-Uniondale,NY Diver Down
    3/30/84-MSG,NYC 1984
    4/14/84-Uniondale,NY 1984
    7/29/86-East Rutherford,NJ 5150
    8/2/86-Uniondale,NY 5150
    6/26/88-East Rutherford,NJ Monsters of Rock
    10/11/88-MSG,NYC OU812
    10/27/91-Uniondale,NY F.U.C.K.
    7/11,14/93-Jones Beach,NY RHRN
    4/26/95-Uniondale,NY Balance
    8/22/95-Jones Beach,NY Balance
    5/22/98-MSG,NYC III
    8/15/98-Jones Beach,NY III
    8/31/98-Syracuse,NY III
    6/22/04-East Rutherford,NJ Sam Reunion
    11/9/04-Montreal,Canada Sam Reunion
    10/1/07-Philadelphia,PA Dave Reunion
    11/8/07-Uniondale,NY Dave Reunion
    11/13/07-MSG,NYC Dave Reunion
    5/20/08-Uncasville,CT Dave Reunion
    5/23/08-MSG,NYC Dave Reunion
    2/28,3/1/12-MSG,NYC ADKOT
    3/24/12-Atlantic City,NJ ADKOT

3/07 Hopped on a plane and flew to Cleveland to be there when they were inducted into the RRHOF!!!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.31.17 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 144 Times in 100 Posts

Aren't those questions and answers in the excerpt the same from the Washington Post interview?

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Great, they've tabbed "Jump" again for us!

In all seriousness, it's cool to see Ed on the cover. I love when the band is active and in the spotlight.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Great, they've tabbed "Jump" again for us!

In all seriousness, it's cool to see Ed on the cover. I love when the band is active and in the spotlight.
    Agreed !

Loving the new media activity
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

All 7
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 218 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sek View Post
    Aren't those questions and answers in the excerpt the same from the Washington Post interview?
    Answers are similar but not the same. Rolling Stone actually ran the Washington Post's article with some other guy's byline and the actual writer (apparently a friend of Ed's) was posting in the comments section about them stealing his work and not giving him credit. Rolling Stone; keeping journalistic integrity as far away from their brand as possible.

Ed looks tip top. This is gonna be a great VH year.
    "I ain't complainin', you do the best with what you got."

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Finding myself wanting a 'Star' more and more ...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

All I know is THANK FUCK!!!!.....I will finally be able to play Jump!!!!!!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

21. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 190 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Translation:

"We know that Dave sounds like crap a lot of the time but hey....WE'RE playing great!"
    Translation:

Annoying post!

Seriously man, Van Halen is DLR, EVH, WVH, AVH. Deal with it! If Eddie wasn't making money nor having fun, he'd kick Dave out. If he thought the live album sucked, he wouldn't have put his name on it. The music alone is worth it. They never put any live classic tracks out and this is the best they could do at 60. I also think he is being sincere about the voice variations. Sure, both Alex and Ed think Dave isn't the best singer. They also know he had the talent to help make VH the best band in the world. How many guitar virtuosos out there have reached the level of success Eddie Van Halen has reached? Eddie is not the best technical player out there. However, he writes the most memorable riffs known to man and Daves lyrics makes them memorable. Was it by accident that Vai also became a super star after working with Dave? Dave sounds awesome on all seven VH studio albums and on at least 4 of his solo efforts. The man is screeching now on the high notes cause he's old, smokes, drinks and has done plenty of cocaine! And hopefully eaten a lot of pu$$y! The live album is enjoyable despite vocal issues and it's a shame it will sell like shit. I think that it captures the electricity of the current live show. I'm glad the original clips were misleading and in context it's a great addition to my collection!
    Last edited by edvanheineken; 04.16.15 at 06:07 PM.
    What are your major influences?

"Our major influences are my cock, Schlitz Malt Liquor, fast cars, loud music, volume. You know, all the usual."

DLR-1977