Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unchained
    Last Online

03.04.06 @ 06:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They played the pre concert interview with Hagar on the Hartford radio station WCCC this afternoon. I'll post the highlights as I herd them. Like it, hate it I don't care. If anyone has the word for word interview feel free to post it. Sammy was very candid. The radio station DJ stated that Roth would not give an interview. They asked Hager if he and Roth would do a reunion concert with VH. Sammy said that could never happen because Roth will not go along and be sociable. He say's Roth locks himself in the tour bus and does not even socialize with his own band. Hagar thought that they would just relax and do some partying on this tour. Roth wanted no part of it. He said that Michael Anthony told him that Roth tried it 3 times in the studio with VH since 1998. He said Roth was in the studio for a total of over a year between that time and 2000 working on a new VH album. Eddie just can't work with what Roth brings to the table at this time. He said Roth just wants to do old stuff and Eddie is not ready for VH to become a nostalgia band. He said Roth always gets angry when he has to follow him, and Dave head lines. "I can attest to that by being at last night's concert". He also said that it was inevitable that he would be back in VH some day. He wants to do new music and bring VH back to where it once was."That line will be fautor for the Hagar haters." Sammy say's he is having a lot of fun on this tour. he has not seen Roth for 2 weeks now. He wanted to do a concert at Jones beach and Roth declined because he would only do Madison Square Garden. So Sammy is going to do a free concert and invite the 9/11 firefighters and NYPD. He stated the usual line "that he want's his friends back", when referring to Eddie and Al. He had his publisist contact Roth's publisist for the MTV award appearence. He said Dave will usually never turn down a national publicity opportunity.

[ August 23, 2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Vince ]

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:45 AM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

Sounds like Sammy is getting excited to play with Van Halen again.

I bet they make up and become friends and we get some incredible music.

I'll take new music with Dave, with Sammy, with Mikey singing...

Anything.
    But
    Sammy seems way more stable than Dave.

I guess they tried with Dave and it doesn't work.
    Maybe they should give us a few new dave songs on a best of VH2.

And a new cd with Sammy.
    Fashion your life as a garland of good deeds.

- Buddha

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.07.08 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe Roth feels like he doesn't have to do any talking, because Sam is doing all the talking about him, VH and Mike Anthony. Oh well, next week we're going to hear Roth is doing an interview and Sammy couldn't make it or something. Seems like they take turns or something. Anyway, I can't seem to decide whether or not I believe that they really hate each other or that this is all publicity.
    Van Halen without the original 4 is just not Van Halen.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alexfan, I think it may have started out that way to promote the concert. But I do think they do seriousley can't stand one another now. I can see Sammy wanting to party and just have a good time. His show spoke volumes to that fact last night. Roth's show was very cold, and really turned off the crowd in Hartford last night. The disc jockeys at WCCC did state they were getting loads of calls that Roth should hang it up. It could have just been a bad show, but the additude that once made Roth famous in the 80's just alienates the crowd today. It's still that "hey look at me" additude. He can't pull it off.

[ August 23, 2002, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Vince ]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.13.15 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I actually think Hagar has a point. If there's one problem with Roth...it's that he's still stuck in the 80s. DLR Band in '99 felt like a trip back to the 80s, which while fun for some of us, is just nostalgia to other people who have grown to different musical tastes. Hagar has adapted to the 90s better, that's not to say Roth can't--but Roth seems unwilling to change. That's the problem Roth has.

Roth is still #1 in studio...but I'd prefer Sammy with VH. However, it's really apples and oranges--for us VH fans, anything will do.

~5150~
    The song ain't dirty it's really just the way we sing it...

Favorite VH Album

Oh! You ate one, too?
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Stop Loving You
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 03:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Vince:
    ... He also said that it was inevitable that he would be back in VH some day...
    hhhhmmmmmm....

Isn't that the EXACT same quote Roth said a while back?

Sounds to me like sammy's desire to get back in VH is really starting to grow... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    "Keep honking buddy. I'm reloading..." -The Mard

"......HEY!.............alright............." -BIG FOOT

" I know what you're thinking: "Do I want to watch Mard? We know that horses were very strong and could actually stop airplanes from flying away. The ones made out of stone called "statues" -- occasionally came to life and rode off is a colonial cliche. How many more times do we need to hear about how the oppressive Raj's wore villainous black capes, crafted cunning plastic masks to impersonate people, and drained all the blood from their slaves so they could keep the fluid in bottles in their dungeons? I mean, YAWN!

But if you're willing to sit through this dry sort of historical drama one more time -- or even just this dry historical review -- you will not be disappointed. In fact, some of you might just learn something they didn't teach you in school!-
    MARD-The Movie

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by THE MARD:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vince:
    ... He also said that it was inevitable that he would be back in VH some day...
    hhhhmmmmmm....

Isn't that the EXACT same quote Roth said a while back?

Sounds to me like sammy's desire to get back in VH is really starting to grow... [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Mard,I got that impression in the interview. The fact that Mike Anthony is playing wih him on part of the tour is suspicious. I don't want to go reading all this bullshit into it. I know Mike plays with him in Cabo Wabo so maybe it means nothing to the possibility of Sammy and VH getting back together.

Favorite VH Album

1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm glad Sammy has adjusted to the 90's (although this is 2002,that still puts Sammy 15 years ahead of Dave)

Dave has seemingly learned nothing in his "lost decade" musically , personally , nothing.It will be interesting to see where he goes after this tour (it won't be VH to his dismay ,I predict)
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DreamIsOver:
    I'm glad Sammy has adjusted to the 90's (although this is 2002,that still puts Sammy 15 years ahead of Dave)

Dave has seemingly learned nothing in his "lost decade" musically , personally , nothing.It will be interesting to see where he goes after this tour (it won't be VH to his dismay ,I predict)
    I agree Dream, except for the Rocknroll hall of fame induction I don't think you'll ever see Roth and VH on the same stage again. I believe Roth had his shot in trying to get back in VH but they just couldn't get it to work. I can't say weather or not they will go on with Hagar, I would like to see some new material within the next year weather with Sammy or some other new lead vocalist. I have not come to the conclusion that VH could not go on with a new lead vocalist, however I know that seems to be the majority consensus in this forum. If the Sammy reunion is going to happen I believe there will be an announcement by early next year. They may just head back into the studio quietly and see if they could be cohesive as a band again. What ever happens at that point is anyone's guess. The Fact that Mikey's doing some touring with Sammy may not mean anything to the possibility of Sammy reuniting with VH, but I do think it speaks volumes to the fact that Roth will not be rejoining VH. I don't see Mikey doing that if in fact Dave was coming back. No way.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by AlexFan:
    Maybe Roth feels like he doesn't have to do any talking, because Sam is doing all the talking about him, VH and Mike Anthony. Oh well, next week we're going to hear Roth is doing an interview and Sammy couldn't make it or something. Seems like they take turns or something. Anyway, I can't seem to decide whether or not I believe that they really hate each other or that this is all publicity.
    Look Dave has done alot of interviews on this tour, so what if he doens't want to do every interview? If Sam wants to hit every radio station, fine, let him. Sam loves to blab away, and jab at Dave. And well, I know why Sam does that.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

All I know is that Sammy Hagar back in Van Halen will be the biggest let down in Rock N Roll history.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by DLR'sCock:
    All I know is that Sammy Hagar back in Van Halen will be the biggest let down in Rock N Roll history.
    Fuckin' Brilliant!!! Ya damn Roftard! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

nahhh...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen is just a pimple on the ass of Rock and Roll, we think otherwise because they're something special to all of us, but to most Van Halen is "Van Who.......oh...that band with David Lee Roth and that gun slinger of a guitar player.....they were such an 80's thing."
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That deserves a double!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]