Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:24 AM
    Liked 1,605 Times in 742 Posts

Premium Member

Default NGD!!!

So, I found out about these Ibanez Jem Jr's a few weeks back and after finding out that a Ibanez Edge trem fits in it perfectly, I ordered one the next day. It arrived here yesterday and its a great guitar. If anybody here has ever played one of the cheap Ibbys, you will know how crappy the cheap trems are, but the trem in this kind of feels like a Floyd Rose Special trem. Its not bad at all. I have a spare Edge trem here (thats one of the reasons I bought this to swap them out), but I'm thinking of leaving it as is.

The neck is wide and thin, but feels extremely new, but once its worn in a bit, it will feel great. The inlays look fantastic, better than the top self Jems

Pups aren't great and will be going and I also plan on doing as swirl paint job on it soon but all in all its a great guitar, especially for the price. $674 AUD, brand spanking new.... I bought it purely for a project guitar but its good enough just as it is.

Definitely worth checking out

I dropped a deposit on a Ibanez Paul Stanley PS120 too

Last edited by Dutchie5150; 04.10.15 at 04:51 AM.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:13 AM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

I used to own a Jem 777 - desert yellow with the pyramid inlays . Man , I wish I still had that guitar ...

Anyways , nice axe you picked up there ! Neat that you find it pretty cool for that price .
    I'm no longer a floating bridge kind of guy , but Ibanez make some REALLY nice guitars
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:22 AM
    Liked 2,850 Times in 1,065 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Happy NGD!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:24 AM
    Liked 1,605 Times in 742 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I used to own a Jem 777 - desert yellow with the pyramid inlays . Man , I wish I still had that guitar ...

Anyways , nice axe you picked up there ! Neat that you find it pretty cool for that price .
    I'm no longer a floating bridge kind of guy , but Ibanez make some REALLY nice guitars
    The desert yellow Jems were sweet. I loved all the original Jems. I had a 77FP for about 16 years, but I sold it about 5/6 yrs ago to buy a Les Paul.

Great looking guitar.

I not really into floating guitar either these days, but at this price, it was too good to pass up. I'm not 100% on what I'm going to do with it, but I'll do something
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:13 AM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

That's another nice looking one !
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora