Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 11,754 Times in 6,511 Posts

Premium Member

Default John McCain Says He Is ‘Confident’ Lindsey Graham Will Run for President

LMFAO The establishment is going to go all out to defeat Paul And Cruz. Graham is one of the biggest pos in Washington.

Did Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) accidentally reveal that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is going to run for president in 2016?

For months, McCain has floated the idea of a Graham candidacy for his “closest of friends.”

On Wednesday, McCain was back in his home state of Arizona and stopped by the “Mike Broomhead Radio Show“ on KFYI. The senator and Broomhead were discussing McCain’s recent decision to run for a sixth term when the conversation turned to the 2016 White House race

Broomhead wondered if any announced or potential 2016 candidates had approached McCain.

“Now we’ve got Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, anybody else – how many of them come to you for advice?” the radio host asked.

“All of them, literally all of them, except Rand Paul, he’s never come for advice,” McCain replied.

“I’m confident he will run, so start considering him.”
    Share: ..Then, without pausing, McCain appeared to break some news about his good friend from South Carolina, adding, “But, I want everybody to keep an eye on Lindsey Graham. Nobody knows national security like Lindsey Graham, and he’s a very very interesting man.”

Broom head pressed for more information, asking, “Now, are you saying Lindsey Graham is going to run for president?”

“He is,” answered McCain without hesitation.

“You heard it here first,” Broomhead told his audience.

McCain then backtracked a little bit.

“I’m 90% sure he’s gonna run,” the senator said. “I don’t want to step on his parade here.”

A chuckling Broomhead added, “Your staff’s right now on their phones going ‘oh, crap!’”

“I’m confident he will run, so start considering him,” McCain concluded. “He’s worth looking at, I say to our undecided republicans out there.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...for-president/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Like him or not at least he may be a candidate with credentials and more experience governing than any other prospective candidate we've had in a while.

"Graham graduated from the University of South Carolina in 1977. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1981. He served in the United States Air Force from 1982 to 1988 and served as a reservist in the South Carolina Air National Guard, attaining the rank of colonel. He worked as a lawyer in private practice before he was elected to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 1992, serving one term from 1993 to 1995. He then served in the United States House of Representatives, representing South Carolina's 3rd congressional district from 1995 to 2003. He was elected to four terms, receiving at least 60% of the vote each time.

In 2002, Graham ran for the U.S. Senate after eight-term Republican incumbent Strom Thurmond announced his retirement. Graham won the primary unopposed and defeated Democratic opponent Alex Sanders in the general election. Graham was re-elected to a second term in 2008, defeating Bob Conley. He won a third term in 2014, defeating Democrat Brad Hutto and Independent Thomas Ravenel."
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Like him or not at least he may be a candidate with credentials and more experience governing than any other prospective candidate we've had in a while.

"Graham graduated from the University of South Carolina in 1977. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1981. He served in the United States Air Force from 1982 to 1988 and served as a reservist in the South Carolina Air National Guard, attaining the rank of colonel. He worked as a lawyer in private practice before he was elected to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 1992, serving one term from 1993 to 1995. He then served in the United States House of Representatives, representing South Carolina's 3rd congressional district from 1995 to 2003. He was elected to four terms, receiving at least 60% of the vote each time.

In 2002, Graham ran for the U.S. Senate after eight-term Republican incumbent Strom Thurmond announced his retirement. Graham won the primary unopposed and defeated Democratic opponent Alex Sanders in the general election. Graham was re-elected to a second term in 2008, defeating Bob Conley. He won a third term in 2014, defeating Democrat Brad Hutto and Independent Thomas Ravenel."
    Not calling him stupid , he's just another "big government" republican progressive.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,131 Times in 8,955 Posts

He's a big defender of the NDAA. That alone makes me say no fucking way, along with some of his other ideas.

I never expect to have a candidate I agree with on everything, but he has too many no-go's on issues that are important to me in which him and I are polar opposites...meaning I'm right, and he's wrong.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    He's a big defender of the NDAA. That alone makes me say no fucking way, along with some of his other ideas.

I never expect to have a candidate I agree with on everything, but he has too many no-go's on issues that are important to me in which him and I are polar opposites...meaning I'm right, and he's wrong.
    What is your biggest issue with the NDAA?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

Another plus for Rand, he does not seek advice from John McCain.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

What is your biggest issue with the NDAA?
    Something along the lines of you can be held indefinitely by the military if you are deemed a threat. Meaning they can ship anyone they want to a deep hole in bumfuck nowhere and hold them indefinitely without charging them.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 3,114 Times in 1,825 Posts

Premium Member

McCain and Graham are truly representative of the interventionist sect of the Republican Party, and they think Rand Paul is a big fat pussy on foreign policy because he doesn't want to bomb first and ask questions later. I'm cynical enough to think that Graham's running would be to specifically fuck with Paul.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    Something along the lines of you can be held indefinitely by the military if you are deemed a threat. Meaning they can ship anyone they want to a deep hole in bumfuck nowhere and hold them indefinitely without charging them.
    That is what I figured. I thought they had amended that but after some more reading I see it's still ambiguous and left to interpretation.
    I don't agree with that either but than again it's not like they are gonna do that to John Q public, it would most likely be to someone they have reason to suspect is a bad guy.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,131 Times in 8,955 Posts

You are more trusting of our government than I am.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 801 Times in 436 Posts

Premium Member

That is what I figured. I thought they had amended that but after some more reading I see it's still ambiguous and left to interpretation.
    I don't agree with that either but than again it's not like they are gonna do that to John Q public, it would most likely be to someone they have reason to suspect is a bad guy.
    In WWI, people were jailed for voicing opposition to that, pointless, disastrous intervention in European turmoil. Make no mistake, by such rules, John Q Public could be viewed as a threat and jailed. Our Congress is busy making laws to protect itself from scrutiny and from checks and balances when its entire purpose for being is the opposite. And whether a Democrat or Republican wins in 2016, that will continue. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

TK

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    You are more trusting of our government than I am.
    I can think of a few whack o family members I wouldn't mind them rounding up and taking away, but I do get your point. Believe me I don't trust them any further than I can throw the check I have to write on the 15th.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Dude, we just had a thread dedicated to that same exact thing happening in Chicago.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 3,114 Times in 1,825 Posts

Premium Member

This should scare everyone...Korematsu v. United States is still legal precedent in the United States. It's never been overturned.

Justice Scalia has even said that, while the decision was wrong, expect the same scenario to happen again during wartime. "[Y]ou are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," he told students at the University of Hawaii.

The Obama Administration filed a brief to SCOTUS last April (2014) in Hedges v. Obama, a case brought by writers and journalists regarding indefinite detainment in the NDAA. Prominent civil rights attorneys and activists asked the White House to, in their brief, either A) ask the court to overrule Korematsu or, at least, B) explicitly state that the White House does not consider Korematsu valid precedent for indefinite detainment.

The White House did not mention Korematsu once in its brief (SCOTUS refused to hear the case, so the court of appeals decision stands; the plaintiffs do not have standing), leaving it as precedent.

In short, the landmark SCOTUS approval of Japanese internment is still Supreme Court precedent, and as recently as one year ago, the White House refused to repudiate or ask the court to overturn it.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    This should scare everyone...Korematsu v. United States is still legal precedent in the United States. It's never been overturned.

Justice Scalia has even said that, while the decision was wrong, expect the same scenario to happen again during wartime. "[Y]ou are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," he told students at the University of Hawaii.

The Obama Administration filed a brief to SCOTUS last April (2014) in Hedges v. Obama, a case brought by writers and journalists regarding indefinite detainment in the NDAA. Prominent civil rights attorneys and activists asked the White House to, in their brief, either A) ask the court to overrule Korematsu or, at least, B) explicitly state that the White House does not consider Korematsu valid precedent for indefinite detainment.

The White House did not mention Korematsu once in its brief (SCOTUS refused to hear the case, so the court of appeals decision stands; the plaintiffs do not have standing), leaving it as precedent.

In short, the landmark SCOTUS approval of Japanese internment is still Supreme Court precedent, and as recently as one year ago, the White House refused to repudiate or ask the court to overturn it.
    And as crazy as it sounds it would only take another major terrorist act to have some clamoring for containment and /or deportation of muslims. When we feel a real and direct threat to our safety all the political correctness will go out the window. That's why you put safegaurds against it in peace time when cooler heads prevail.