Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 112

Thread: Van Halen 2015

  1. #1
    Eruption EVHWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.13.01
    Location
    Philadelphia (now in Portland, ME)
    Posts
    1,204
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

    ATBL
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Likes
    40
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts


    Donor

    Default Van Halen 2015

    I was hoping to start a thread that is actually stays positive. While I expect it will be closed (for being repetitive) or will get hijacked, what are the chances we can have a thread that stays positive with all that's is going on with VH. Let's just talk about how psyched we are that the band is alive and kickin'. That they are on nation tv, that they'll be touring this summer and not get into the typical shit...if someone wants to start a negative thread knock yourself out..but let's just be excited, man.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

    ( . Y . ) Boobs!

    \m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

  2. The Following 7 Members Like This Post:


  3. #2
    Atomic Punk japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    7,894
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Likes
    5,600
    Liked 7,627 Times in 4,003 Posts

    Default

    YIPEEEEEEEE!

  4. #3
    Good Enough cabomiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.11.08
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,613
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Likes
    2,950
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

    Default

    Eddie's playing is on fire

    Alex is great as always

    Wolf is coming into his own

    Dave has nice shoes
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

  5. The Following 8 Members Like This Post:


  6. #4
    Baluchitherium thismusicsux's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.12
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,427
    Favorite VH Album

    FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

    Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Likes
    13,453
    Liked 5,127 Times in 2,425 Posts

    Default

    Love love love seeing Eddie so happy and healthy. Jedi Van Halen. Amazing to see from where he was 10yrs ago.

    Also loving the background vox from the TV and live Cd. It goes along with those 3 being a serious well-oiled machine. Just seems like they have practiced a ton w those vox included.

  7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  8. #5
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    12.03.02
    Age
    47
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    57
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Pleasure Dome/Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

    08.09.15 @ 02:19 AM
    Likes
    13
    Liked 31 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Its great to see them play live on these TV programmes, what I found most disappointing was that they never played a song from ADKOT, it just goes to show that they should have been doing this sort of promotion for that album rather than this live album, if they had done this ADKOT would have been a far bigger success, its a great album and I hope they play a lot more cuts froms it on this new tour

  9. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:


  10. #6
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,908
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Likes
    2,491
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,331 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil'eddy'Pears View Post
    Its great to see them play live on these TV programmes, what I found most disappointing was that they never played a song from ADKOT, it just goes to show that they should have been doing this sort of promotion for that album rather than this live album, if they had done this ADKOT would have been a far bigger success, its a great album and I hope they play a lot more cuts froms it on this new tour
    I hope they play more too. But calling it a greatest hits tour, I don't know..... I'm afraid it'll likely be only one song, and probably Tattoo. But I'm enjoying the live album and all the vids this week and although I'm pessimistic about the chances I'm still hoping they film a show this tour. Maybe seeing themselves on TV will spur that a bit. Things are good right now.

  11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  12. #7
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,975
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Likes
    2,614
    Liked 2,859 Times in 1,070 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Seeing Ed is such great shape and playing so well is amazing. Alex is a machine and may have actually improved over recent years. Wolfgang adds another dimension to the band that I'm really enjoying. And despite some vocal deficiencies, there is only one David Lee Roth.

    Seeing them on TV this week has been awesome, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them on tour. Here's to VH in 2015.

  13. The Following 8 Members Like This Post:


  14. #8
    Hot For Teacher
    Join Date
    03.27.04
    Posts
    247
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    02.03.17 @ 01:34 PM
    Likes
    9
    Liked 58 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Is it actually a Greatest Hits tour, has the band actually said that? Don't shoot me down, if they have, fair enough, I've just not heard the band promote it that way. The band are on fire, I really feel Dave is fine, especially when he stays in range and I am thoroughly enjoying seeing them getting out there and doing their thing but I do wish they'd done this when ADKOT was released.

  15. #9
    On Fire Tbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.12
    Location
    Frisco, Tx
    Posts
    369
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7
    Last Online

    12.23.16 @ 05:38 AM
    Likes
    1,200
    Liked 620 Times in 218 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EDDIEVH View Post
    Is it actually a Greatest Hits tour, has the band actually said that? Don't shoot me down, if they have, fair enough, I've just not heard the band promote it that way. The band are on fire, I really feel Dave is fine, especially when he stays in range and I am thoroughly enjoying seeing them getting out there and doing their thing but I do wish they'd done this when ADKOT was released.
    I was wondering that too. I think only that Ellen show press release said "greatest hits tour" and the official VH stuff just said Summer Tour. Of course with bands like Van Halen, Stones, Sabbath, ZZ top, AC/DC etc every tour is kind of a greatest hits tour because they have been around for so long and have so many hits.
    I can't wait for the tour. It's such a kick in 2015 to be able to see my favorite band perform all these songs that were such a huge part of my personal soundtrack growing up.
    "I ain't complainin', you do the best with what you got."

  16. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  17. #10
    5150 C Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.31.07
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    636
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.28.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Likes
    30
    Liked 140 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I hope they play more too. But calling it a greatest hits tour, I don't know..... I'm afraid it'll likely be only one song, and probably Tattoo. But I'm enjoying the live album and all the vids this week and although I'm pessimistic about the chances I'm still hoping they film a show this tour. Maybe seeing themselves on TV will spur that a bit. Things are good right now.
    That's my fear - namely that the band thinks Tattoo is a "hit" simply because it was released as the first single. I'd like to hear more ADKOT but not if it's the same tunes from the last tour. I'd prefer deep cuts from the 6-pack over Tattoo, She's the Woman, TTTWN and Chinatown.
    ~Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.~

    Mark Twain

  18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  19. #11
    Unchained Hamnerhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    48
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    459
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    The Full Bug
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 06:53 PM
    Likes
    445
    Liked 510 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    I was hoping to start a thread that is actually stays positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil'eddy'Pears View Post
    Its great to see them play live on these TV programmes, what I found most disappointing was...
    Well, that didn't take long...
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #12
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,908
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Likes
    2,491
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,331 Posts

    Default

    I guess there's not really a label for the tour. The Ellen announcement called it a greatest hits tour, most places just seem to refer to it as a summer tour, and I tend to think of it more specifically as the Tokyo Live tour. But one thing we do know, there's no new music. So regardless of what it's called I doubt there will be any sort of special emphasis on anything. In other words, in addition to no new songs I don't expect it to be a "rarities" tour or feature a whole album played front to back (even though this would be the time to do it). Playing on TV I think will bring out more casual fans so given that and no new album I expect fewer deep cuts and ADKOT songs. But I'm sure there will be some.

  22. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  23. #13
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,660
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Likes
    575
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    You never know when it's all going to come to an end, so I'm really happy to see my favorite band in the world out there rocking this summer. I will definitely be attending and am looking forward to the pilgrimage of going to the venue, having some beers, and rocking out with my fellow VH fans.

    Despite their massive success, sometimes it can feel a little lonely being a VH fan--even on a message board dedicated to them. However, there's nothing like attending a concert with 15,000 other VH nuts that are having as great a time as you. It's still a special experience no matter how many people complain about the lineup, the singing, the outfits, the mannerisms, to set list, or the venue. I love seeing VH in person and I wouldn't miss it.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  24. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  25. #14
    On Fire Tbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.12
    Location
    Frisco, Tx
    Posts
    369
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7
    Last Online

    12.23.16 @ 05:38 AM
    Likes
    1,200
    Liked 620 Times in 218 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
    I guess there's not really a label for the tour. The Ellen announcement called it a greatest hits tour, most places just seem to refer to it as a summer tour, and I tend to think of it more specifically as the Tokyo Live tour. But one thing we do know, there's no new music. So regardless of what it's called I doubt there will be any sort of special emphasis on anything. In other words, in addition to no new songs I don't expect it to be a "rarities" tour or feature a whole album played front to back (even though this would be the time to do it). Playing on TV I think will bring out more casual fans so given that and no new album I expect fewer deep cuts and ADKOT songs. But I'm sure there will be some.
    Well if there really are that many more "casual fans" on the tour they probably won't know the difference between deep cuts and anything that isn't Jump or Panama, so here's hoping for more surprises this tour. DOA, Little Guitars, Light Up The Sky, Girl Gone Bad, The Full Bug, Atomic Punk, House Of Pain, Honeybabysweetiedoll and sooooo many others. Fingers crossed.
    "I ain't complainin', you do the best with what you got."

  26. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  27. #15
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    08.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,908
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:57 AM
    Likes
    2,491
    Liked 2,658 Times in 1,331 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Well if there really are that many more "casual fans" on the tour they probably won't know the difference between deep cuts and anything that isn't Jump or Panama, so here's hoping for more surprises this tour. DOA, Little Guitars, Light Up The Sky, Girl Gone Bad, The Full Bug, Atomic Punk, House Of Pain, Honeybabysweetiedoll and sooooo many others. Fingers crossed.
    I hope so too. But even limited to the Roth years they could still pretty much play a whole set just with songs commonly heard on classic rock radio. Who knows. I do think it would be fun if they played a full album straight through.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Van Halen 2015 Tour Threads Master List and Tour Dates
    By Fontcow in forum 2015 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03.25.15, 06:07 PM
  2. Eddie Van Halen biography-Eruption-due in 2015
    By James in New York in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03.24.15, 03:25 PM
  3. Wolfgang Van Halen's Tremonti Album [2015]
    By ExpandedConsciousness in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03.04.15, 09:50 AM
  4. Just saw Alex Van Halen -- Jan 1, 2015
    By thismusicsux in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01.05.15, 10:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •