Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Pleasure Dome/Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

08.09.15 @ 02:19 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 17 Posts

Default Tokyo Dome - First week US sales

As I said in a previous thread, I think the live performances on Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen will slightly boost sales for the band but I think the first week sales will be 60-75k and its overall run will maybe sell 200k!

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

I made a comment in another thread , wondering if Jeff could give us a rough idea about VH Store sales for the new album .
    He also mentioned that the record company sent him an advance copy . Perhaps he has an 'in' who could provide sales data ?

I do think that the Ellen and Kimmel shows will cause a slight spike in units moved , due to the sheer size of the viewing audiences .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little guitars
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 1,151 Times in 516 Posts

delete it , sorry
    Last edited by vaijuju; 03.28.15 at 05:19 AM.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 1,940 Times in 785 Posts

Premium Member

Here is a website that will show actual album sales numbers:
    http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

You're fucking high, this album will sell maybe 250k in its lifetime. It's a shame not too many people here can tell the truth, Dave sounds like a tortured dog on this disc and it is a sub par offering. I wish someone , in the family obviously, would sit these guys down and tell them they are completely fucking everything that was great about them up. Use fucking pictures and point a lot with diagrams and graphs, I don't know. ADKOT was the only right thing this band has done in 17 years and even that was only a few new songs.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

8. The Following 7 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 11,773 Times in 6,520 Posts

Premium Member

We could bring back Hendrix , Vaughn, and Rhoads for a G3 tour and some of you would still bitch.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

10. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    We could bring back Hendrix , Vaughn, and Rhoads for a G3 tour and some of you would still bitch.
    How easy would it be to take 1 great song from all of the first 6 tours and a few from the last 2 and put them together and make a live album with DLR? That is what is so fucking frustrating, the effort they put in is what the least amount of fans would appreciate. This is a totally fucking lazy move and obviously not sanctioned by DLR judging by his blackout. This is not a complaint, this is an indictment of failed judgment capabilities.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    How easy would it be to take 1 great song from all of the first 6 tours and a few from the last 2 and put them together and make a live album with DLR? That is what is so fucking frustrating, the effort they put in is what the least amount of fans would appreciate. This is a totally fucking lazy move and obviously not sanctioned by DLR judging by his blackout. This is not a complaint, this is an indictment of failed judgment capabilities.
    As stoked as I`m to be getting the new live CD in the mail Monday(hopefully)but this post is spot on

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 11,773 Times in 6,520 Posts

Premium Member

Aah, but they would have to pay Mikey if they did that. If Roth was against this he wouldn't be touring behind it or making appearances. Besides, I really believe they're going to release all of the old footage anyway.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

You're fucking high, this album will sell maybe 250k in its lifetime. It's a shame not too many people here can tell the truth, Dave sounds like a tortured dog on this disc and it is a sub par offering. I wish someone , in the family obviously, would sit these guys down and tell them they are completely fucking everything that was great about them up. Use fucking pictures and point a lot with diagrams and graphs, I don't know. ADKOT was the only right thing this band has done in 17 years and even that was only a few new songs.
    All correct, except the end. They fucked up ADKOT every way possible.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:04 PM
    Liked 7,872 Times in 4,599 Posts

Premium Member

Besides, I really believe they're going to release all of the old footage anyway.

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

We could bring back Hendrix on a one string guitar, Vaughn on dental floss, and Rhoads on kazoo for a D3 tour with tix $1039 + tax/each and some of you will still find something to bitch about. Just amazing.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 8,750 Times in 4,730 Posts

Premium Member

I'd be fine with either scenario, but I like the idea of live albums being from one show. Feels more cohesive to me because it's as it actually was on that given night. The downside is it would've been nice to have a bonus disc of the random deep cuts played throughout the tour (GGB, OLA, Full Bug, Hang Em High, Bottoms Up) plus a couple new studio tracks.

Oh well, it's new VH, and from what I've heard so far I'm excited. Comparing it to my boot of the show, it's authentic and not touched up but with a superior sound compared to boots. Some people absolutely despise the mix and tones. I don't, but I feel bad for them, it is what VH is now. Bring on the tour!

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

.....obviously not sanctioned by DLR judging by his blackout.
    DLR's media blackout is an entirely different thing completely separate from anything to do with VH.

I believe it has something to do with CBS pertaining to his old radio show and legal agreements after winning his lawsuit. I speculate it also might have something to do with the reason DLR hasn't and probably won't appear on Howard Stern's show since 2006.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

23. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 5,127 Times in 2,425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil'eddy'Pears View Post
    As I said in a previous thread, I think the live performances on Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen will slightly boost sales for the band but I think the first week sales will be 60-75k and its overall run will maybe sell 200k!
    TV will certainly boost sales significantly. Those #'s seem reasonable, but I'd even 1/2 those numbers. Overall 100k in total.

my gut says 50k in the first week would be high end, we shall see!