all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:14 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Sammy was on Howard Stern this morning.

Nothing said about VH.
    He was basically there to promote the tequila and to give away a trip to the "Meltdown" in October.

They did talk about the VMA's and he said that he know who Linkin Park is and that Dave tried to throw him a curve ball. He also said that he made the negative comments a couple weeks ago about Dave because Dave did something that really set Sammy off.
    The reason Dave did not play Irving Plaza was that he waited until the last minute before deciding and then turned it down because it wasn't HIS turn to open.
    No mention as to why the Buffalo and Syracuse shows were canceled either.

One interesting and possibly disturbing comment came when "babba boey" said that he heard Dave was hanging out outside the mens room door talking to anyone that would listen. Sammy said something like "yeah he was, and I will not go there."

He wasn't on very long and Sammy said he was heading to Cabo today and that the tour is over, so there will NOT be any make-up dates.
    Howard played softball and never asked any questions regarding VH. (maybe Sammy asked him not to bring it up this time)

BTW, Dave is scheduled to be on STERN this Thursday.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why does Sammy keep making remarks about DLR's sexuality? Does he know something? Remember his comment about the assless pants?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

there were times when you only talked about van halen's music ... nowadays it's about tequila, dvds, books and what have ya.

cheers,

SToRM
    dave, we'd like to go upstairs, the two of us, with you ...

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I thought the most interesting part was at the end, He said him and Dave are buds, will never hang and be good friends, but are buds and he is done bad mouthing him period. He said Dave does what he does very good for those that are into it, Sammy just isn't into it.

After the VMA's I thought they maybe were gonna sling mud, but they either have respect for each other now, or are just tired of it all and letting it go.

I'm a Dave fan as far as VH goes, and I thought Dave was being the much mor PC guy on tour, but gotta give it to Sammy for ending it on the right note.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

, but gotta give it to Sammy for ending it on the right note.
    some folks up in darien lake and syracuse might not agree with you there...

otherwise - i think sammy's recent comments support the theory that a lot of the trash talking was done for publicity purposes...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mikey Metalhead:
    I thought the most interesting part was at the end, He said him and Dave are buds, will never hang and be good friends, but are buds and he is done bad mouthing him period. He said Dave does what he does very good for those that are into it, Sammy just isn't into it.

After the VMA's I thought they maybe were gonna sling mud, but they either have respect for each other now, or are just tired of it all and letting it go.

I'm a Dave fan as far as VH goes, and I thought Dave was being the much mor PC guy on tour, but gotta give it to Sammy for ending it on the right note.
    I agree with what you're saying, but, if he wanted to end it on the "right note", he should re-schedule the 2 shows that he blew off in Buffalo & Syracuse!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

Whether Sam and Dave are buds or not, IMO, the only way they will tour again together is with Mike, Ed and Al.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Originally posted by andsomeonesaid:
    Why does Sammy keep making remarks about DLR's sexuality? Does he know something? Remember his comment about the assless pants?
    Sammy didn't bring it up, it started with Howard's producer, Gary saying thast Dave was hanging outside the men's room door.

I have allways wondered about dave's true sexualaity, is he straight, or hits from both sides of the plate. But it doesn't really matter anyway. He was great in his day as was Freddie Mercury and Rob Halford. So I don't care if Dave, Sammy, Gary, Mike, Eddie or Alex sleep with goats, as long as they keep making music.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by VH2001:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mikey Metalhead:

I agree with what you're saying, but, if he wanted to end it on the "right note", he should re-schedule the 2 shows that he blew off in Buffalo & Syracuse!! [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]AGREED!! I'm, still pretty annoyed right now!!
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Sam said nothing about Dave's sexuality, Howard brought up the dumb men's room thing and Sam didn't even really comment. It was stupid. The important things like why the tour REALLY was canceled early, that Howard doesn't ask about. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img] His show is so bad now.

At least Sam was there giving something away instead of hyping that damn tequila all the time. There was a trip at the end of this free promo.

He didn't rip Dave too bad and least he realized that he was an old fart at the VMA's. Oh and I guess he likes Linkin Park too...my condolences to him as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I liked it better when sam "didn't know" Linkin Park,

Howard has become the radio equivalent to Larry King. I think even Larry would have asked a VH related question. But he probably would have botched it and said something like:
    "Sammy, have you patched things up yet with Eddie Montrose?"

I agree with a caller on Stern (who by the way still got the trip to Cabo) that told Howard that the show has gotten lame since Howard started dating his current girlfriend.
    All Howard does is talk Beth, Beth, Beth. Its cool that he is in love again, but come on, he's becoming Kathie Lee with balls.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 11,541 Times in 4,916 Posts

Not to get off topic, but yes since he starting dating that bimbo and got Artie Lang (who is so unfunny) on that show, it's gone downhill to the point where I listen maybe twice a week at most. Plus he's on 2-week vacations seeming every other week. I barely listen anymore, and it was just dumb luck I had it on right when he introduced Sam.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Sammy Hagar Comes In. 9/3/02. 7:45am
    Red Rocker Sammy Hagar came in this morning to do a trip giveaway courtesy of his Cabo Wabo Tequila. Howard spent a while talking to Sammy about his tour with David Lee Roth and how that went. Sammy said he and Dave are fine now that they don't have to work together anymore. The tour went okay but they did get into a scuffle the first week they were out according to Sammy. They had to be separated the rest of the tour so they wouldn't fight. He told a few stories about Dave and him fighting about the tour and stuff like that.
    Howard also asked Sammy about the MTV Video Music Awards since he was there. The two of them spent a few minutes talking about Axl Rose and what happened to him. Sammy pointed out how Axl was winded within 30 seconds of getting on stage. He said if Axl had to do a 2 hour show he would have been in trouble. The guys also talked about the hot chicks on the show. Howard said he thought Christina Aguilera looked great with her fake boobies hanging out of her outfit. Sammy told Howard he's not a fan of implants. Howard said he is and that may be because he's had sex with so many fake dolls and fake vaginas through the years. Howard told him about his sex with the Real Doll and with the fake Jenna Jameson vagina that rubbed him raw because he didn't use enough lube.

Howard said the main reason Sammy was in was to give away some trips to Cabo San Lucas. Howard was going to give away a couple on the air so he picked up the phone. This guy Tim then bad mouthed Howard about the way his show has been over the past couple of years. He doesn't like the way Howard runs the show and the guests he has on these days. Howard then told the guy he wasn't going to give him the prize. The guy changed his tune about Sammy and said that he was great. Howard then changed his mind and gave him the trip. He wrapped up the interview a short time later. You can find out more about Sammy and his stuff at RedRocker.com

Last Online

10.22.09 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by Brett:
    Not to get off topic, but yes since he starting dating that bimbo and got Artie Lang (who is so unfunny) on that show, it's gone downhill to the point where I listen maybe twice a week at most. Plus he's on 2-week vacations seeming every other week. I barely listen anymore, and it was just dumb luck I had it on right when he introduced Sam.
    I agree.
    My city lost Stern right after Jackie left the show. I didn't know what I was going to do, but after reading the daily synopsis at www.marksfriggin.com and downloading some "bits" off of WinMx-I haven't really missed anything. He hardly even has any celebrity guests anymore! Thankfully, Stern is retiring in 3 years-he claims he's making good on that promise this time.
    I think he should've called it quits when Jackie left the show.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

If Dave went both ways it would puzzle a lot of ppl since he has steadily worked on creating a "ladies' man'" image for almost 3 decades now. Much more so than Mercury or Halford ever did.

Would be a shocker... but some rock star went on record saying DLR was gay, can't remember who it was.
    Little Dreamer