Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: VIP PACKAGES..

  1. #1
    Eruption PT 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.19.00
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,192
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 11:58 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 127 Times in 74 Posts

    Default VIP PACKAGES..

    Do we know if they are happening ?
    ITS 5150 TIME

  2. #2
    Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,977
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 04:20 PM
    Likes
    2,615
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    The leaked Hollywood Bowl promo said "VIP Packages available at Van-Halen.com"

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,331
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Likes
    299
    Liked 414 Times in 249 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PT 5150 View Post
    Do we know if they are happening ?
    With all due respect to those who have paid for these VIP Packages, I gotta ask....."Who cares?"

    They're colossal rip offs, imo.

    In 2004 we paid $400 bucks for the VIP and we got 100x more than they are offering now. Now they're what? $800 and you aren't even guaranteed to see the soundcheck? (And if you do get to watch the soundcheck, you have to sit a mile away?) Yeah...no thanks.

    Not to mention, Ticketbastard now offers "Premium Seat" selections where you can pay a bit extra for primo seats. Paid $200/ ticket for 2nd row seats in 2012. Meanwhile there were people who paid $400-500 for the second to highest VIP package where they get a seat in rows 5-10 or something like that.

    $200 bucks for a 2nd row seat?
    $1000 for a first row seat, $50 worth of swag swag, a 5 min backstage tour and some beer and Mozzarella sticks?

    Easy choice for me.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel


  4. #4
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,735
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Likes
    4,334
    Liked 7,885 Times in 4,611 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    How does VH's VIP packages compare to similar acts?

    As it relates to access.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,847
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Likes
    12,936
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    How does VH's VIP packages compare to similar acts?

    As it relates to access.
    That's easy, there is none.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  6. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  7. #6
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,735
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Likes
    4,334
    Liked 7,885 Times in 4,611 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    That's easy, there is none.
    No meet and greet?
    Then why pay for a VIP? Is it just about how close one is to the stage?

    I've never purchased a VIP, so I don't exactly know what one's buying.

  8. #7
    Good Enough right-here-i-say's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    1,508
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Likes
    240
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    With all due respect to those who have paid for these VIP Packages, I gotta ask....."Who cares?"

    They're colossal rip offs, imo.

    In 2004 we paid $400 bucks for the VIP and we got 100x more than they are offering now. Now they're what? $800 and you aren't even guaranteed to see the soundcheck? (And if you do get to watch the soundcheck, you have to sit a mile away?) Yeah...no thanks.

    Not to mention, Ticketbastard now offers "Premium Seat" selections where you can pay a bit extra for primo seats. Paid $200/ ticket for 2nd row seats in 2012. Meanwhile there were people who paid $400-500 for the second to highest VIP package where they get a seat in rows 5-10 or something like that.

    $200 bucks for a 2nd row seat?
    $1000 for a first row seat, $50 worth of swag swag, a 5 min backstage tour and some beer and Mozzarella sticks?

    Easy choice for me.
    Yeah, I do not think VH can get away with that again. I could be wrong though.
    Right here I say....

  9. #8
    Good Enough mike zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    41
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,379
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Likes
    215
    Liked 630 Times in 294 Posts

    Default

    I did it in 2004 and 2007. 2004 was well worth it. 2007 was ok and 2012 it was out of my range. Ill see what it offers this time around. There's no link to it yet correct?
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

  10. #9
    Top Of The World Unclaimed's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.25.07
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    137
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    11.28.15 @ 09:24 AM
    Likes
    22
    Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    I did it in 2004 and 2007. 2004 was well worth it. 2007 was ok and 2012 it was out of my range. Ill see what it offers this time around. There's no link to it yet correct?
    If 2012 was out of your range.Don't see 2015 being cheaper

  11. #10
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,847
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Likes
    12,936
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    No meet and greet?
    Then why pay for a VIP? Is it just about how close one is to the stage?

    I've never purchased a VIP, so I don't exactly know what one's buying.
    It depends, some bands do it right. I've purchased Aerosmith packages in the past and gotten Q&A's with all except Steve and Joe, backstage tours (stage & equipment), and seats right up front. Worth every penny.

    KISS gives their suckers, I mean fans, a good deal too. You meet the whole band and they sign your stuff. You also get a premium ticket. I ain't paying a grand to meet Gene and Paul with two scabs.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  12. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  13. #11
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,735
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Likes
    4,334
    Liked 7,885 Times in 4,611 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    It depends, some bands do it right. I've purchased Aerosmith packages in the past and gotten Q&A's with all except Steve and Joe, backstage tours (stage & equipment), and seats right up front. Worth every penny.

    KISS gives their suckers, I mean fans, a good deal too. You meet the whole band and they sign your stuff. You also get a premium ticket. I ain't paying a grand to meet Gene and Paul with two scabs.
    Q&A's???

    Could you imagine VH doing that?

  14. #12
    Atomic Punk bklynboy68's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    18,847
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Likes
    12,936
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Q&A's???

    Could you imagine VH doing that?
    Hell no! LOL
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  15. #13
    Eruption PT 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.19.00
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,192
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 11:58 PM
    Likes
    295
    Liked 127 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    Billy Idol meet & greet is $260.

    MEET & GREET WITH BILLY IDOL AND STEVE STEVENS
    INDIVIDUAL “SELFIE” WITH BILLY IDOL AND STEVE STEVENS
    PRIORITY VIP CHECK-IN
    CROWD FREE MERCHANDISE SHOPPING
    ON-SITE VIP HOST
    EXCLUSIVE BILLY IDOL VIP MERCHANDISE
    ONE SPECIALLY DESIGNED BILLY IDOL LITHOGRAPH
    BILLY IDOL VIP DOG TAGS
    EXCLUSIVE BILLY IDOL LEATHER CUFF BRACELET
    BILLY IDOL VIP TOTE BAG
    ONE COMMEMORATIVE BILLY IDOL VIP LAMINATE & LANYARD

    You have to buy your ticket on top of this..
    Last edited by PT 5150; 03.25.15 at 06:57 PM.
    ITS 5150 TIME

  16. #14
    Hot For Teacher Ineedalogin's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.02.02
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    320
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    I wanna get my EVH Wolfgang autographed. Was thinking VIP would be the best way of accomplishing this. Thoughts? Comments? Filthy remarks? What do you guys think would be the best way to get the autograph if not VIP?

  17. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  18. #15
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,156
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Likes
    1,320
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedalogin View Post
    I wanna get my EVH Wolfgang autographed. Was thinking VIP would be the best way of accomplishing this. Thoughts? Comments? Filthy remarks? What do you guys think would be the best way to get the autograph if not VIP?
    if you want an usher or roadie to sign it then this would be the best way to go. Odds of getting Ed to sign it wouldn't be too good if the "VIP" packages are what they were like last tour.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New Fan Club packages
    By voivod in forum Chickenfoot
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09.30.11, 11:25 AM
  2. MORE VIP PACKAGES
    By Hagar4ever in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03.24.06, 10:19 AM
  3. 2 new Hagar VIP packages on sale now
    By elmers in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03.15.06, 10:21 AM
  4. sam ticket packages at ILAA
    By JMJ in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02.17.05, 11:51 AM
  5. Sammy packages sold out!!
    By Edson in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02.17.05, 07:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •