Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

04.18.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts

Default I have no desire to see Van Halen or Sammy Hagar live anymore.

I just don't care anymore. It doesn't get me exited or move me anymore. The last 17 years has been pretty barren. And the last 10 of those have been lackluster. To go see the band you like use to mean going with friends and being there with the band in the same room having fun. It all feels like Class Warfare now. It's like going to see people in a higher class than you are in and coming home broke and disappointed. The 2004 was a joke, 2012 was a let down (they just ran through the music to get out of there) and I was at the October 2014 Hagar Vegas concert and it didn't move me. I'm tired of giving these people my money when they don't offer anything in return.

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

Things change.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 7,838 Times in 4,574 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Change View Post
    I just don't care anymore. It doesn't get me exited or move me anymore. The last 17 years has been pretty barren. And the last 10 of those have been lackluster. To go see the band you like use to mean going with friends and being there with the band in the same room having fun. It all feels like Class Warfare now. It's like going to see people in a higher class than you are in and coming home broke and disappointed. The 2004 was a joke, 2012 was a let down (they just ran through the music to get out of there) and I was at the October 2014 Hagar Vegas concert and it didn't move me. I'm tired of giving these people my money when they don't offer anything in return.
    I've felt like this for many years.

There's nothing for me to get excited about anymore. The feeling came back in 2004 but quickly faded. A true CVH reunion was the last thing I was hoping for, but sadly, will never be.

I love to hear what's going on with them and talking/debating about them, but it's really only out of habit.

They've been a part of my life for so long.

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

04.18.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts

Well this made me feel better. Is this Buckethead playing for him. This guy sound just like Eddie and looks like he actually enjoys playing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:07 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Well this made me feel better. Is this Buckethead playing for him. This guy sound just like Eddie and looks like he actually enjoys playing.
    I dont think that is Buckethead, although I'm not 100% sure, but I dont think its him. Actually, I'm pretty sure he was with GNR in 2001... and when does EVH look like he is not enjoying himself on stage???
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

Naw, that is Bart Walsh (ex-Atomic Punks):

In his 1997 auto-biography "Crazy from the Heat," former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth referred to the Atomic Punks as "The best tribute to Van Halen ever!" Dave cemented his admiration and appreciation for the Punks' talents by hiring original axeman Bart Walsh to play guitar on his "DLR Band" tours from 1999-2001.
    http://www.theatomicpunks.com/sect/band_bio.html

Bio:

http://blackbirdmgt.com/artists/bart-walsh/

Gibson clinic:

http://www.westlamusic.com/clinics/walsh/

2 Interviews:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=28268

http://vhnd.com/old/interviews/000627bartwalsh.shtml

Old thread on Bart:

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thre...ike-Bart-Walsh
    Last edited by ExpandedConsciousness; 03.24.15 at 02:05 AM.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

I thought DLR kicked ass in the early 2000's. It's too bad Ed was sick and cVH couldn't get it together with an album and tour then. Sure the gold skin tight suits and the JD hijinx gets a lot of harsh criticism but DLR was rocking hard those years. Cool video.

I still get excited to see VH live.
    I enjoy watching Ed play. AVH and EVH are very tight musically and it's cool to see live. I really enjoy DLR in VH and it's been a blast seeing/hearing him back in the band despite MA being out and some high range squawking. lol

Been a fan of them especially the collaboration of DLR and EVH since they were new(and I was a pre teen). Were all old now! and they are older!! lol Dysfunction and age has changed it quite a bit but I still get excited to see them live. I'm probably in the minority of active posters here who actually still love to see and hear VH but that's nothing new. No disrespect to the powers that be but when I joined in 07, it seemed most active posters joined in 04 ish(Hagar reunion) and were much more in love with the Hagar years. I was shocked the majority of people were harsh on VH. I got into many long winded debates lol but I've now accepted that my take on VH is very different than a lot of regulars here so I'm desensitized to it and things in that regard haven't changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

I actually think these TV appearances will effect me and others about going to a live show. I really hope they tell Dave to sing it right with no bee bop behind bs all the time. Money is an issue with me now and the price of going is insane so that goes into equation too.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained..
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 367 Times in 134 Posts

Lucky for us, attending a VH show is still a voluntary act. Although Obama is still President so....
    ...Zero Discipline

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Back to ADKT - Cuz it is new
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I actually think these TV appearances will effect me and others about going to a live show. I really hope they tell Dave to sing it right with no bee bop behind bs all the time. Money is an issue with me now and the price of going is insane so that goes into equation too.
    That part reminded me of how the new live Panama version sounds from Tokyo. When DLR sings "hot shoe burning down the avenue", I just cringe as he really butchered that part

Ellen's appearance will excite me, but not sure if I am ready to pay $500 (2 tickets) to go and see them.
    It is what it is

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 695 Times in 281 Posts

That is a great show. I'd never seen that before, thanks for posting.

Wow, Dave really did change so much between 2001 and 2007, and then to compare his voice in this video with what we heard in 2012 --- it's almost hard to believe it's the same person.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 18,115 Times in 8,948 Posts

47 years old versus 61 years old is a BIG difference.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

17. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Hang 'em High
    Last Online

10.25.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 90 Times in 45 Posts

I'm sure I'll go see them on this tour, but I certainly understand those that choose not to. After the anticipation of getting new music turned into "A live CD, what the hell?" this whole thing feels a little half assed. That said I don't know how many more opportunities we'll get and I'd hate to miss it if this turns out to be the last one.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 518 Times in 267 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Panama View Post
    That is a great show. I'd never seen that before, thanks for posting.

Wow, Dave really did change so much between 2001 and 2007, and then to compare his voice in this video with what we heard in 2012 --- it's almost hard to believe it's the same person.
    Thank God for 07......Dave really delivered on that tour--big time.

20. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

07 did it for me, that is the last time I will give David Lee Roth money to perform live. If he can't be bothered to sing ALL of the words and sing like the song was written to be sung then my money is too good for you. If Eddie and his family decide to do anything I will be on board because they have been what it is all about for me over the last 35 years. If Eddie retires without doing an all star album, it would be a damned shame.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg