Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 10:18 PM
    Liked 7,568 Times in 4,048 Posts

Premium Member

Default Kansas: Miracles Out Of Nowhere

Just caught this documentary and I enjoyed it. What an Amazing bunch of musicians. I found it interesting that the only thing they ever agreed on was "Dust in the wind". "Leftoverture" was a masterpiece.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

orig VH fan x craps champ edwardv's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 1,509 Times in 942 Posts

Premium Member

I wore out the needle on Leftoverture.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 11:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

When I was 11, I got an 8 track player for Christmas. One of the 8 tracks I got with it was Leftoverture. I really just wanted it for Wayward Son, but holy crap did I ever get my mind blown. Pretty heavy for an 11 year old. Still holds up well today.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Red

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.31.16 @ 10:47 PM
    Liked 1,531 Times in 930 Posts

Pretty cool doc. Great to see one where the band wasn't ruined by someone's drugs or alcohol use.

Leftoverture is great but I dig Point of No Return, more. The title track, Portrait (He knew), my favorite Kansas tune, Dust in The Wind...awesome stuff!

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:25 PM
    Liked 301 Times in 151 Posts

I watched this last week and i really enjoyed it. I did not realize how much Don Kirshner was involved in signing bands and song publishing rights. They were huge in the late 70's.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 130 Times in 94 Posts

Picked up the blu-ray. Very good documentary. Great band.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Right Now & Unchained
    Last Online

01.20.17 @ 05:40 AM
    Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts

The DVD is great. I'm a little disappointed that it didn't go a little bit further than it did, but they wanted to keep it positive. I've been a huge Kansas fan since I was a kid and Steve Walsh is my favorite singer. A lot of things started to happen to the band after Point of no Return that the documentary didn't touch on, but it is good to not hear the negative stuff. Two for the Show is one of the best live albums I have ever heard since there has been so much talk of live albums lately.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 10:18 PM
    Liked 7,568 Times in 4,048 Posts

Premium Member

Thumbs up

KANSAS: Lyric Video For New Song 'Visibility Zero'

September 9, 2016 

A brand new song and lyric video from KANSAS can now be streamed below. "Visibility Zero" is the second single released from the band's intensely anticipated new studio album, "The Prelude Implicit", which will be released on September 23.

In a joint statement about "Visibility Zero", the band says: "'Visibility Zero' is a great KANSAS song written by band members Zak Rizvi and Ronnie Platt. It features a blistering violin solo from David Ragsdale. This song rocks hard while still having the prog elements that makes KANSAS... KANSAS!"

"The Prelude Implicit" is the first new album release in 16 years for the band that has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, and is famous for classic hits such as "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust In the Wind" to progressive epics like "Song For America" and "Miracles Out Of Nowhere". The album will be available on CD, double 180-gram vinyl and digitally on iTunes and Google Play.

"The Prelude Implicit" features 10 all new tracks written by the band and co-produced by Zak Rizvi, Phil Ehart and Richard Williams. KANSAS's signature sound is evident throughout the album. It showcases Ronnie Platt's soaring lead vocals, David Ragsdale's blistering violin, Williams and Rizvi's rocking guitar riffs, the unmistakable sound of David Manion's B3 organ and keyboards, Ehart's thundering drums, and Billy Greer's driving bass and vocals. 

KANSAS returned to the studio in January 2016 after signing with InsideOut Music. InsideOut founder and president Thomas Waber said: "KANSAS is the biggest and most important prog band to come out of the United States. I grew up listening to them, and their music is part of my DNA. 'The Prelude Implicit' undoubtedly adds to their already impressive musical legacy. I can't stop listening to it, and we are proud to be releasing the album."

The result of the time in the studio was even more than the band imagined. "This is definitely a KANSAS album," remarks original guitarist Richard Williams. "Whether it is the trademark prog epic like 'The Voyage Of Eight Eighteen', biting rocker such as 'Rhythm In The Spirit' or mindful ballad like 'The Unsung Heroes', there is something on this album for every kind of KANSAS fan. After years of pent-up creativity, the entire band is very proud of 'The Prelude Implicit'."

Lead vocalist Ronnie Platt adds: "Recording 'The Prelude Implicit' was an incredible experience, and I couldn't be happier with the results. It is my hope that, knowing the intense listeners that KANSAS fans are, the continuity yet diversity of this album will be pleasing to them."

The album title, "The Prelude Implicit" means, "Without a doubt, this is a new musical beginning," explains Ehart. Tattoo artist Denise de la Cerda did the oil painting of the front and back cover. It shows a Phoenix flying from the past into the future.

KANSAS will be debuting songs off "The Prelude Implicit" this fall, live in concert, as part of the "Leftoverture 40th-Anniversary Tour".

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kan...qwqHcyiyArZ.99
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.20.17 @ 12:09 PM
    Liked 108 Times in 75 Posts

Walsh's singing on Leftoverture and Point of Know Return is some of my favorite singing period.