Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I apologize if I'm wasting your time because of my faulty memory, but about a year ago I recall reading either an interview with Sammy or that chapter from his biography which was floating around, in which he talks about VH hiring Ray Daniels.

If I recall correctly, Sammy mentioned how early in his career, he was opening for Joe Cocker, who only kept 10% of his gross because all his old managers still had a piece of him. To that extent, Sammy insisted that Daniels' contract include a clause, under which if he was fired, his % of VH money declined over a number of years until he got nothing or a relatively small amount. In addition, if I recall, after the first 3,4, or 5 years of relatively small reductions, there was a huge one-year cliff that left Daniels with a very small or no piece of the VH pie.

I was just wondering - if Daniels was fired in '98, could the boys be waiting for this date to pass before doing anything (or announcing/releasing anything) to make sure Daniels gets as little as possible of what will undoubtedly be a huge pile of cash? If so, it's kind of ironic (if it's true) that Sammy's business sense is ultimately going to help Dave.

Again, if I'm incorrectly remembering what I read about Daniels' contract, sorry for wasting your time.

01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I would tend to agree with you on alot of your post. Many here may disagree, but if you think David Lee Roth is going to share part of his pie with a guy whose actions led VH astray and in the process helped kick Dave to the curb , think again. The pot will be light from Dave's chair until Daniel's is totally out of the picture. Hell, FORD hates the guy and doesn't even know him, so imagine what Dave thinks of him.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Last Online

06.14.15 @ 08:46 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have that "chapter" that was floating around and I had posted the same thing on the dome. It makes a lot of sense to me.
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!