Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:03 AM
    Liked 11,724 Times in 6,496 Posts

Premium Member

Default Dolce & Gabbana Oppose Gay Marriage, Gay Parenting, Surrogacy

by AUSTIN RUSE 14 Mar 2015

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, founders of the eponymous fashion house, have come out strongly against gay marriage, the notion of gay families, and the use of surrogacy to procreate.

The billionaire pair, who used to be romantically linked, gave an interview with the Italian magazine Panorama, in which they said, “The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offspring and rented uterus. Life has a natural flow; there are things that cannot be changed.”

They also said, “Procreation must be an act of love.”

“I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri for rent, semen chosen from a catalogue,” Dolce stated.

Gabanna said, “The family is not a fad. In it there is a supernatural sense of belonging.”

The pair have long been outspoken about gay marriage. In 2013, when the LondonTelegraphasked them if they had ever considered getting married, they answered, “What? Never!” Dolce said, “I’m a practicing Catholic.”

Gabbana told the Daily Mailin 2006, “I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents.”

LGBTNews in Italy is already calling for a boycott of Dolce and Gabbana.

It is not unusual for gay men in Europe to oppose gay marriage. In fact, a group of gay men in France, calling themselves Les Hommen, have been an ongoing feature of traditional marriage protests in France. Les Hommen invaded the French Open, stripped to the waist, with pro-marriage slogans written on their chests. Gay Star News suggested it was “the most homoerotic anti-gay protest ever.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ing-surrogacy/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

I love it when people stand up to the gay mafia, fuck them. I have a right to my opinion too and just because it doesn't match your gay ass opinion does not mean there is something wrong with me. (yes I realize D&G are queer)
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

They make a great point, a very unpopular one that I am sure will cost them some sales but good for them for speaking out about it.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I love it when people stand up to the gay mafia, fuck them. I have a right to my opinion too and just because it doesn't match your gay ass opinion does not mean there is something wrong with me. (yes I realize D&G are queer)
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

There's just too many
    Last Online

10.26.15 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts

This post alone proves there is something wrong with you.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JakeK21 View Post
    This post alone proves there is something wrong with you.
    It's hilarious how hypocritical these gay gestapo's are and how easily society (you) is manipulated into following their bullshit.
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

There's just too many
    Last Online

10.26.15 @ 12:38 PM
    Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts

It's hilarious how hypocritical these gay gestapo's are and how easily society (you) is manipulated into following their bullshit.
    Once the gay gestapo knocks down your door and injects you with gay, there'll be no stopping the gay agenda from gaying up everything you know and love. Stop being so gay and just submit to the gayness.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by JakeK21 View Post
    Once the gay gestapo knocks down your door and injects you with gay, there'll be no stopping the gay agenda from gaying up everything you know and love. Stop being so gay and just submit to the gayness.
    That was so gay.
    Hedberg

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

I expected that they would come forward and say they were misquoted but nope, they are sticking to their statement
    They have every right to speak their mind, but they must also respect that many of their customers are GLBT and there will be some impact on their business

I would be very surprised to see a D&G gown on a red carpet any time soon. although their big money is thru perfume, accessories and ready to wear. I don't know if the typical woman who spends, say, $4500 on a dress or 1400 on a pair of pants or 1200 for a stinking shell top is going to worry too much about human rights

although on second thought, many of those women shopping on Rodeo Drive have had their kids by IVF and surrogates and probably don't like the idea of their children being thought of as science projects

I predict sales will stall for a little while and then everyone will get over it and go back to paying too much money for their clothes

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

I predict sales will stall for a little while and then everyone will get over it and go back to paying too much money for their clothes
    I agree. A lot of their clientele look at children as accessories and financial security anyway.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:23 AM
    Liked 6,668 Times in 3,696 Posts

Their opinions are not unusual at all I'm guessing. I think while most people have no issue giving marriage rights to gay couples, adoption is a tricky issue. Most still believe in the superiority of the traditional family unit.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 18,072 Times in 8,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I agree. A lot of their clientele look at children as accessories and financial security anyway.
    That's a bunch of bullshit.

Wealth has nothing to do with how much you love and how well you treat your children. C'mon man.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    That's a bunch of bullshit.

Wealth has nothing to do with how much you love and how well you treat your children. C'mon man.
    DD, I was not trying to make a blanket statement on how the rich look at children. However, there are many that have that attitude I described. Just like you I also have had to be around those in the higher tax brackets. Let's just say I didn't pull that comment out of my ass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 4,789 Times in 2,443 Posts

Premium Member

I commend D&G. One should never feel ashamed for saying what they believe. Its how they treat others that matters. Respect people and their opinions. Talk it out and then see what happens.

I was homophobic in my youth and through meeting gay people over the years found out I wasn't in danger of being gang raped or injected with gaynes serum. Hundreds of people changed my view and did it through reasonable dialogue.

Still waiting for that epiphany to happen with Obama

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:27 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Their opinions are not unusual at all I'm guessing. I think while most people have no issue giving marriage rights to gay couples, adoption is a tricky issue. Most still believe in the superiority of the traditional family unit.
    I'm kind of on the fence about that. I support gay marriage. however I'm uneasy about adoption as part of building their families, and I'm not sure why, but I recognize that is my problem, not the problem of a gay couple looking to build a family. In the end, what it comes down to for me is that however you build your family, is how you build your family, and a healthy loving family, be it a biological group, or a group of friends cobbled together, is a wonderful thing to see.