Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 1984 & ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

In a simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:08 AM
    Liked 266 Times in 120 Posts

Where the %$@& is David Lee Roth?!? Your guesses … here!

Where the %$@& is David Lee Roth?!? Your guesses … here!

Hmm... I'm guessing he's in Panama… you know, that stripper from Albuquerque.

Your guesses?

Cheers,
    mrC

Funniest video I've seen on this theme.
    "Interesting" jazz "playing", amazing guitar.
    *Follow my ubiquitous audio/video/composing/production mishaps, with & without The OBViOUS ... often resulting in hilarious musical consequnces:

http://www.facebook.com/mrChristopherTV
    http://www.facebook.com/theobviouscom

٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

I think Dave is over there...------------>

HH<-------I, on the other hand, I'm over here------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Probably in seclusion at Ed's guest house.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:36 PM
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

Who are we kidding, he's back in NYC as an EMT

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Even Dave is wondering - "Where could I be ?"
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

Time for:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bar & Grill

As he prepares to release his eighth solo record, ‘Careful with that Axe,’ on Aug. 12, guitarist John 5 has revealed that he and Van Halen vocalist David Lee Roth have cut an album’s worth of material together.

The history between the two musicians dates back to 1998 when Roth recruited the guitarist to perform on his ‘DLR Band’ release. In a new interview with Mitch Lafon, John 5, currently working with Rob Zombie, surprises him by sharing details of the collaboration with Roth.

“[Dave and I] just made another record, and it’s, like, the ’California Sessions’, [Dave] was calling it,” John 5 says in the interview. “And it’s 11 of the greatest songs you’ll ever hear, and it’s just me and Dave, and we had Gregg Bissonette play drums on it. And it’s unbelievable. And hopefully sometime it’ll see the light of day. But he is, of course, busy with Van Halen and all that stuff. But it’s an incredible record.”

Confirming the album was cut approximately a year and a half ago, John 5 says that the two would write a song together during the day and then head into the studio that evening to record it.

“I always go over to his house and we write music and things like that. It’s a lot of fun. I would just go over to his house during the day and write this music and then he would book the studio at night. So we would go into A&M Studios — Henson Studios, it’s called now — and we’d record,” John 5 says.

John 5 says that Roth was on fire throughout the recording sessions, evoking a style that recalls the style of singing heard on Van Halen’s early work.

“It sounds just like Dave from that ’Van Halen I‘ or ’ Van Halen II‘ or ’Women And Children First’ era, [in terms of his] singing [style], and it’s incredible, man. It’s really incredible. He loves it too, so maybe it’ll see the light of day sometime,” John 5 shares.

Read More: Is a David Lee Roth Album With John 5 on the Way? | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david...ckback=tsmclip

And in the interim I've written and recorded an entire album of material with a fellow named John 5. It's called Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bar & Grill, and it was designed as a jukebox musical after seeing what the South Park fellows did. Those fellows are ardent Van Halen fans – they're been to Vegas and L.A. variously on the last tour. I saw the play [Book Of Mormon] and went home and we started putting together what I guess is called a jukebox musical, but it's not particular to Van Halen. Indeed we can create Van Halen material as the interstitials, but we have 15 songs ready to go, and it's my story. Indiana kid goes to the big city, sells his soul to the devil. Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets Dave. It's knockout stuff.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz3T4GjGbqr
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
    Let's focus on the positive first. Would you want to take those 15 songs with John to the stage?
    Absolutely. That's what it's aimed at. It's autobiographic. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bar & Grill" is the opening theme song, and it's about an Indiana kid who goes to sleep – think The Wizard Of Oz – and the characters in his life, the butcher, the baker and the newspaper guy, pop out of posters and sing him a song called "Giddyup." And he finds his way to all the good things in life, having discovered rock in the Sixties, and there's a song titled "Alligator Pants" – yes, I own a pair, I wore them for the last two tours. And things go horribly left-of-center wrong, of course, when you sell your soul to the devil, and one of the tunes is called "The Shit That Killed Elvis." So yeah, it's pretty stellar material. Again, I've offered it up to the Van Halens, but I seriously doubt there are going to be any takers there. As I've said, we haven't written a new song since I left in 1984. Almost everything on that record [A Different Kind of Truth] is from before we recorded the first album or out or about somewhere in that time frame. Wait, what am I saying? "Stay Frosty" is brand new, and I wrote that whole song myself. I wrote the chord structure, played the guitar, the vocals, etc. Therein that was remanded to the back side – well, it's not a record anymore, side B, next to the last of whatever. It's an update, thinking symmetrically – "Ice Cream Man," "Stay Frosty," I get it [laughs].

You clearly have a lot you want to do individually. Where will this go for you?
    Well, I was just on the phone yesterday with John, and we're now beginning to explore what that means. It's been a year since our last tour with Van Halen. There's virtually no impact or contact in terms of writing new material, and given that I don't have the opportunity to work with original material I invented a whole new website show, Tokyo Hi-Power Style and all the music you hear there is my personal collection. That's all floor, and it's kind of talk radio but with that kind of a musical background, and half of it is in Japanese.

That's heavy lifting, conducting recording sessions completely in Japanese. So I'm pursuing with a vengeance. I went to the Sumo tournament with Konishiki as my teacher, and we went not only to the tournament, but we went to the beya, which is the gym. And we had what in music is called an encounter, question and answer, back and forth. And I asked them, "What inspires you? What compels you?" And variously one would say, "I do not want to dishonor my parents." Another said, "I would like to be a great champion." We went around the circle, and one of them said to me, "Dave-san, what inspires you?" I said, "Fear and revenge." They asked, "Revenge against who?" I said, "People who have a whole lot more talent than I do and then threw it away. Sometimes friends of ours have Maserati-style talent and they treat it like a fucking lawn mower." And they all laughed.

I said, "Then there are folks who have lived much faster and got much farther down the track. Now my wristwatch seems to be moving forward faster and my knees seem to be going slower." Everybody sort of nodded. It's revenge against my wristwatch. And fear that I might not have all the time that I wish I could in order to do what's in my imagination. I don't think what I'm imagining is preposterous. I don't think what I'm imagining is undoable at all. Maybe I'm audacious, but I can't really even smell it. Let's get after this, like Grandma Roth said. I'm furious to beat the clock here. And whether or not I do last to 93, I want to live a life well-lived. And I do it with a sense of humor. I brought up something in an interview with one of the magazines here in Tokyo. I said, "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." Fighting spirit, Steve-san. It's a goddamn war every day in the music business in one faction or another. I have a taste for that. I like conflict, and I can admit that now. "Come on, let's get after this. Where's the next war, guys?"

What is there left to accomplish that you still want to do musically?
    I don't know that it's so much to accomplish as it is to get with a team or a group, to get with other folks and have an idea and a vision and to be busy all the time. My favorite expression of Andy Warhol's was, "I think to be busy is the best thing in life." And I can heartily agree now and just get on horseback, and if you have to change your direction in momentum, so much better than sitting and thinking about and deciding and not even going. For me, 60 is the new 80. You oughta see my X-rays. So get going, start heading north. And whether we accomplish anything or not becomes beside the point. The goal is to get with somebody and get with a group or team or a squad and get going on something that everybody's contributing to. I believe in that for me, probably for most folks, more than ever. You might be surprised to hear that from somebody – when you say lead singer, you think that's a solitary vision, a self-centric kind of positioning. "How many lead singers does it take to put in a light bulb? One. You're supposed to hold the bulb and let the world revolve around you." As achingly true as that might have been periodically in my life, I can follow just as good as lead. But I do want to be on that boat.

Would you want to work with another group of musicians?
    Certainly, absolutely, and we can sit here for another hour and go through the list. It doesn't matter the kind of music, it doesn't matter whether it's a cowboy hat or a yarmulke. I don't care if it's outer space or pop, the spirit is the same. There are only so many letters in the alphabet.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz3T4IWTc94
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 2,644 Times in 1,326 Posts

Dave needs one of these shirts that says "Where the fuck is David Lee Roth?"

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ExpandedConsciousness View Post
    Time for:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bar & Grill

Read More: Is a David Lee Roth Album With John 5 on the Way? | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/david...ckback=tsmclip
    Is there something new here---thought this was all old news ?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,088 Times in 8,937 Posts

That Rolling Stone interview that EC posted is the best interview Roth has given in a long long time.

It really shows you where his mind is at, that he has all kinds of creative ideas in his mind, and he wants to do them while he still can, but he is frustrated with Ed and Al that they don't seem to want to play along.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:47 PM
    Liked 2,644 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    That Rolling Stone interview that EC posted is the best interview Roth has given in a long long time.

It really shows you where his mind is at, that he has all kinds of creative ideas in his mind, and he wants to do them while he still can, but he is frustrated with Ed and Al that they don't seem to want to play along.
    Eddie wants to record but Dave is apparently AWOL. Just like Sammy had a terrible work ethic.

I kid. I'm determined to stay positive til we hear from them. I don't know why they make things so hard, but I'm trying to stay positive. Sarcastic jabs in good fun are fair game though in my opinion.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,088 Times in 8,937 Posts

I had a conversation with one of my sons the other night, because lately there had been discord among the boys over the past few weeks, and there was always one certain son involved whenever there was a problem.

I pointed this out to him and said "son, when you are the one constantly in the fights, don't you think that maybe the problem is you, and not them?"

There has become a certain repetitive nature to Van Halen, and there always seems to be the same person involved in every band problem.

Not naming names though!
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

19. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:15 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

Carmen Sandiego
    Right here I say....

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by right-here-i-say View Post
    Carmen Sandiego
    Homer Simpson ?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:37 PM
    Liked 1,941 Times in 913 Posts

Premium Member

Japan with his girlfriend, hasn't been online in three weeks, drinking honey tea and resting his 60 year old surgically repaired body for an extended stint of acting like a 25 year old.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post:

AJW

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

little guitars
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 23 Posts

like always, at home, reading some new books or maybe Japan for a little while.

26. The Following Member Likes This Post: