Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

09.26.18 @ 01:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The original dress IS royal blue, with black lace.

The picture on here seems to show blue with black(ish) lace - I say "ish" because there are tinges of gold in there.

It's all to do with the amount of light / exposure being applied to the image - the brighter the light, the more 'washed-out' the colours, hence with maximum exposure, the dress seems to be white and gold.

The image you're seeing might have been manipulated by the photographer or person sharing the picture, or it might be that your computer's (or phone's) colour / brightness settings are different to your friend's, for example. It also reveals how people's eyes can and do perceive colour differently, depending on the physiology of their eyes, and the environment in which they are viewing the objects / images in question.
    I'm FEMALE...Deal with it!

"Whatever you do, wherever you go, there you are..." Edward Van Halen 1986

"You spend the first part of your life trying to make your mark, and the second part just trying to cover up your tracks"... Weesfreewheelin, 2012

"Life's too short to stuff a mushroom"... Shirley Conran, 1975

"You turn if you want to...The LADY is NOT for turning!"...Margaret
    Thatcher, 1980

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

I watched the damned thing change colors as I was staring at it. I thought I was looking at a gif. The brain is a fucked up thing. Makes you wonder how many things in our lives that we experience are not what actually occurred, but how our brains interpreted, and even manipulated our perceptions.

I had a translucent blue EBMM guitar that 90% of the people I showed it to said it was green. Not even blue/green, just green. It never looked anything but blue to me. To this day I have no idea what it actually looked like. Here's a pic. To me, it just looks blue. Not green, not teal. Just blue.

blah blah blah Devin Townsend blah blah blah

https://www.facebook.com/devintownsendexperience

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

It's Teal.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by dibblekins View Post
    The original dress IS royal blue, with black lace.

The picture on here seems to show blue with black(ish) lace - I say "ish" because there are tinges of gold in there.

It's all to do with the amount of light / exposure being applied to the image - the brighter the light, the more 'washed-out' the colours, hence with maximum exposure, the dress seems to be white and gold.

The image you're seeing might have been manipulated by the photographer or person sharing the picture, or it might be that your computer's (or phone's) colour / brightness settings are different to your friend's, for example. It also reveals how people's eyes can and do perceive colour differently, depending on the physiology of their eyes, and the environment in which they are viewing the objects / images in question.
    Yeah that's basically what I'm reading. I think the photo hasn't been retouched it's just a really bad photo. That seems to be the explanation.

I am enjoying telling people who can't believe someone sees different colors that that's exactly how people treat my color blindness, like I'm "sight retarded."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

Today @ 11:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I watched the damned thing change colors as I was staring at it. I thought I was looking at a gif. The brain is a fucked up thing. Makes you wonder how many things in our lives that we experience are not what actually occurred, but how our brains interpreted, and even manipulated our perceptions.

I had a translucent blue EBMM guitar that 90% of the people I showed it to said it was green. Not even blue/green, just green. It never looked anything but blue to me. To this day I have no idea what it actually looked like. Here's a pic. To me, it just looks blue. Not green, not teal. Just blue.

You're saying this is blue---to me it looks orange with black and white stripes---oh wait, maybe it's just the acid from the 80's trying to kick back in !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

David Lasher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

05.21.20 @ 01:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

That only applies if people are looking at different pictures. My wife and I were looking at the same picture and I saw white and gold and she saw blue and black. It is how the rods in our eyes interpret and process colors. In other words...our retinas are messed up things!
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    That only applies if people are looking at different pictures. My wife and I were looking at the same picture and I saw white and gold and she saw blue and black. It is how the rods in our eyes interpret and process colors. In other words...our retinas are messed up things!
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you're saying, but that article is explaining how human eyes have adapted to see during the day, and that your eyes see different things when you are trying to adjust to the different wavelengths:

"Without you having to worry about it, your brain figures out what color light is bouncing off the thing your eyes are looking at, and essentially subtracts that color from the 'real' color of the object. 'Our visual system is supposed to throw away information about the illuminant and extract information about the actual reflectance.'"

"Usually that system works just fine. This image, though, hits some kind of perceptual boundary. That might be because of how people are wired. Human beings evolved to see in daylight, but daylight changes color. That chromatic axis varies from the pinkish red of dawn, up through the blue-white of noontime, and then back down to reddish twilight. 'What’s happening here is your visual system is looking at this thing, and you’re trying to discount the chromatic bias of the daylight axis,' says Bevil Conway, a neuroscientist who studies color and vision at Wellesley College. 'So people either discount the blue side, in which case they end up seeing white and gold, or discount the gold side, in which case they end up with blue and black.'”