Register
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Facebook in an outrage over elememtary student's punishment for being tardy

This family lives less than a mile from the school. The mom says there are multiple reasons for her son being tardy, and that he has received 6 lunchtime tardy detentions because of it. The Grandmother has posted this on her facebook and it has gone viral
    https://www.facebook.com/laura.hoover.71
    This is my grandson, Hunter. He's a little first grader. His momma's car sometimes doesn't like to start right up. Sometimes he's a couple minutes late to school. Yesterday, he was 1 minute late and this is what his momma discovered they do to punish him! They have done this to him 6 times for something that is out of this baby's control! They make a mockery of him in front of the other students! The principal is responsible for this. His mom found him there, crying, and took him home for the day. Anyone want to help me flood this lady principal with calls telling her how inappropriate this is?
    (541) 474-5770 Ms Fitzsimmons

she has succeeded in getting the schools phones flooded to the point where parents can't get thru and it is hampering the schools ability to function as pointed out in comments by this other school parent

My kids go to this school. I know for a fact that this school has grown and have lost their detention room due to lack of space and funding. Just this year did they start using the lunch room for detentions. My kids have had their fair share of detentions. They have both told me that the only reason the board comes out is when you have been told multiple times to stop interacting with other children while you are in lunch detention. I know the 4 plus tardy rule.. Yes, I think it's over kill..... But it is the rule and have known about it for 7 years! Because of it, I make sure to make arrangements if need be. I don't want my kids in detention for something that I could have prevented. It is the parents responsibility to get their children to school on time. Bring them early for free breakfast if you have to! This little boys parents live less than a mile away, and I would be happy to pick him up for school every day if that would help... If the parents would just speak up to the office staff and ask for help, they would gladly help come up with a solution to the problem! Any way, the school opens their doors at 7:30am there is no reason for that many tardies for someone who lives so close. Although, I think the school needs to find a more private area for detention... And I think this will happen! I don't agree with everyone calling the school and harassing them. I tried to call the school all morning to get my son's school work because he has been sick. I can't get through. Please everyone, be thoughtful of every single family that attends this school! Please realize that cussing out the front office staff is doing nothing! What it is doing is making it difficult for the office staff to call out to parents if their child is sick and needs to go home, or if there is an emergency and a child gets hurt, they can't call out nor can parents call in to let children know that their pick up routine has changed etc. Calling is making it an unsafe environment for all of our children who are attending! Please stop! Write a letter or an email... Start a petition.... Don't harass the school.

so parents are in an outrage that this child is getting punished for something that is not his fault ( which is true, but according to the second parent, the divider is only because he did break a rule about not speaking during detention). There have been other posts that say that people are missing the point, that they should contact Ellen Degeneres and get her to donate a car to the woman!

my feeling is that if it is such a problem for this woman to get her children to school, her family and friends would be more helpful if they banded together to get her car fixed or to help arrange carpool. But I'm pretty sure that if other parents had to wait for this woman to get her shit together and get her kids out the door and it resulted in THEIR kids getting detention, there would be an entirely different point of view

video here shows how the child is segregated from the other students at lunch by sitting at a far off table with a card board divider
    http://www.kdrv.com/parents-calling-...ment-bullying/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Demeaning a child !!! Way to go. Schools are out of control. Maybe the teacher and principal should have their faces rubbed in dog shit !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.09.16 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 298 Times in 143 Posts

I wonder if he felt tardy.
    I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
    - DLR

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

BBB

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:41 AM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Facebook in an outrage over elememtary student's punishment for being tardy

NVM
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:59 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

I think what this grandmother has done is far more dangerous than what the principal allegedly did.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Maybe the teachers and principal should have their faces rubbed in dog shit !!!
    I think we've got a thread for that.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Demeaning a child !!! Way to go. Schools are out of control. Maybe the teacher and principal should have their faces rubbed in dog shit !!!
    you think getting detention is demeaning? what other discipline should they use?

Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

Putting a phone number out there for the internet lynch mob was a bad move.

You don't do that stuff unless you have video or witnesses proving a line was crossed and have tried resolving like a normal person.

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:59 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    Putting a phone number out there for the internet lynch mob was a bad move.

You don't do that stuff unless you have video or witnesses proving a line was crossed and have tried resolving like a normal person.
    yup, if that was my kids school i'd have a real problem with this grandmother and not so much an issue with the school. I think doing that to a kid in grade 1 is not the best way of handling the situation but i don't know the whole story. But if his parents had an issue, I'd say talking to the principal and not posting a photo online of the kid (and others) attending the school wasn't the best idea. Teaching kids (and apparently their idiot parents) to be on time is a skill that needs to be learned early. Apparently the solution of "waking up 10 minutes earlier" was far too complicated for these people. If the kid is pissed, he shouldn't be pissed at his school. He should be pissed at his parents.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Meh. Get your kid to school on time and then you don't have to worry about it. I get that the mom has health issues and car troubles but then she goes on to say he's never more than a minute or two late. If that's the case, that is completely preventable.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Next to last paragraph in the op says it all.
    -TVH-

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

They don't have school buses in Oregon?

They don't have neighbors?

They don't have phones or e-mail in which the parents can schedule a meeting with the Principal and resolve the situation?

Stupidity from all involved.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!