Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Good Enough

10.19.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

Default Edward and Alex Van Halen sign publishing deal with Atlas Music Group

(6377 all sites)

posted on 2/23/2015 at 07:34 e-atlas-music-group/

Ed and Alex Van Halen sign publishing deal with Atlas Music Group

The Atlas Music Group has signed Eddie and Alex Van Halen to a worldwide publishing administration deal. The publishing deal is for Van Halen‘s entire music catalog, excluding the band’s last album, entitled A Different Kind of Truth.

Atlas Music Group CEO, Rich Stumpf, spoke to Billboard about its new deal with Van Halen. “This deal has been a long time coming. I have been after Irvin Azoff (manager for the Van Halen brothers) and Peter Paterno (the brothers’ lawyer) for five years, to find out if there would ever be an opportunity to work with the Van Halen catalog,” Stumpf told Billboard. He continued, “They are my favorite all-time band so this is kind of a surreal moment where my professional and personal lives are coming together.”

Stumpf also said Van Halen is the most important band the company has ever signed, since it was launched in 2013. “It speaks volumes that after being with one company for thirty years that they have chosen to move to an independent music publisher. This [deal] is an important moment not just for us but for the independent music publishing community,” Stumpf stated to Billboard.

The CEO said he is really looking forward to getting Van Halen’s music in films, television, and commercials. “This is a premium catalog, so we will look for the right films and brand advertisers to place their music with,” Stumpf told Billboard. Atlas Music Group is hoping to reach younger consumers with Van Halen’s music. “That is how you maintain the value of the (legendary artists) catalog by reaching the younger generations that come along,” the CEO stated. He added, “A lot of the decision makers themselves are young so we will have to educate them on the importance of Van Halen, and not just their many hits.”

Now that Atlas Music Group has added Van Halen to their roster, the company’s catalog has increased to 4,000 songs. Last year, Atlas and Nashville publisher, Combustion Music, created a joint-venture. That joint-venture increased Atlas Music Group’s team to 25-30 active songwriters, and the publishing company currently has fifteen staff members in New York, Los Angeles, and Nashville.

Eddie Van Halen recently spoke at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History about innovation as part of the national What It Means To Be American program in a sold-out event.

When asked by Rolling Stone about the current plans for the band, Van Halen replied, “I’d love to make a studio record. Depends on everybody’s timing. I don’t know what Dave Lee Roth is up to now. I don’t know if he’s living in New York or Japan or wherever he is.
    Last edited by chain; 02.23.15 at 03:35 PM.
    "People say Cream gave birth to Heavy Metal," says Baker. "If that's so, we should have had an abortion."

Sinner's Swing!

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 06:50 PM
    Liked 2,038 Times in 1,025 Posts

Good Enough
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 06:15 AM
    Liked 255 Times in 119 Posts

Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 07:39 PM
    Liked 6,002 Times in 3,263 Posts

Premium Member

†"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 03:54 PM
    Liked 1,613 Times in 862 Posts

Premium Member

You guys are dicks!
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

05.08.15 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

A disagreement between the two former bandmates about Roth's subsequent no-holds-barred appearance on The Howard Stern Show submarined the reunion, and Cherone was hired shortly thereafter.

Written by JAAN UHELSZKI for News