Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 11:09 PM
    Liked 5,728 Times in 3,293 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    If the stock starts to take a dump he'll step in. Murdoch is 86, but FOX NEWS is his crown jewel. The boys want to completely change FNC into the very thing it was designed not to be. They want to take the news game back to 1995 when they all looked the same and they had more control over the narrative. The boys also don't have a love for America like their dad does. They don't hate America, but they see themselves as globalists. Which they totally are. They don't seem to get that FOX NEWS exists because there was a need for it.

When FNC first broke on the scene the mainstream media saw them as a joke. "America is a liberal country and there is no room for conservative viewpoints" was one critique I heard. Ted Turner laughed at the idea also saying they would fail miserably. The general consensus in the media was the same tired lie that all networks were fair and truthful.

Well, I think the Murdoch boys, and girls by the way since James' wife is a part of the Clinton Global Intiative, will learn a hard lesson just like everyone learned in 2016. This also creates a TREMENDOUS opportunity for a new network or an existing one.

Roger Ailes is out there biding his time until he can return. He would love nothing more than to come roaring back and embarrass the boys.
    I don't see how Fox survives O'Reilly's departure. Thinking about this a little more...they could have forced him into a hiatus...privately demand counseling or whatever...weather the storm/headlines.

The Murdoch boys are stupid. They dump their ratings king and now Hannity is the face of the network and I bet he'll be gone soon, as well.

Ailes is salivating right now...planning his next move.
    Last edited by CaboChris; 04.21.17 at 03:45 AM.

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

05.23.17 @ 12:34 AM
    Liked 5,164 Times in 2,678 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe Ailes and O'Reilly will set their sights on OANN. That bland network could really use some star power and a good kick in the pants.

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 12:33 PM
    Liked 3,763 Times in 1,941 Posts

Well right now FOX still is in the cat birds seat because even with the loss of a few people, they are still the only major network to go to if you are center right. We don't even have a center news anymore so MSNBC, CNN, BBC, CBS< ABC, etc are all fighting for the left. OANN is center right too but its like watching public access channel. They are not a major player.

I think O'Reilly being his age will just hang it up and write some books. Plus for him to come back, he will need sponsors and without an apology or admittance of guilt, that isn't going to happen.

Plus this isn't going to be a good time for FOX anyway. Republican in power means less angry things to bitch about than if Obama was in office. People are more likely to watch when they hear their talking heads bitching about the other party. Not promoting it to a degree.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 9,317 Times in 5,058 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Maybe Ailes and O'Reilly will set their sights on OANN. That bland network could really use some star power and a good kick in the pants.
    OANN has also stated that if O'REILLY is available they will definitely be interested. Backers will come out of the woodwork once they hear O'Reilly is a possibility. If Ailes gets involved then they would instantly be a major player.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

05.23.17 @ 12:25 AM
    Liked 1,006 Times in 693 Posts

Premium Member

OANN has also stated that if O'REILLY is available they will definitely be interested. Backers will come out of the woodwork once they hear O'Reilly is a possibility. If Ailes gets involved then they would instantly be a major player.
    What is OANN?
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    What is OANN?
    One America News Network. It's actually OAN.

http://www.oann.com/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Liked 976 Times in 586 Posts

Premium Member

One America News Network. It's actually OAN.

http://www.oann.com/
    Different form the ONAN News Circle

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

The final moments of The O’Reilly Factor: ‘A sad day,’ ‘new beginnings’

Justin Haskins 30 mins

The O’Reilly Factor aired its final episode on Friday night, and the feeling that an important era in cable news had ended and a new one was about to begin was palpable.

“In the ‘Back of the Book’ segment tonight, we have come to the last line of the last page of this book,” guest host Greg Gutfeld said. “As most of you know, this is the final Factor. It has been an honor to sit in this chair over the years of filling in for Bill O’Reilly and to being a guest for the most influential television news program in history. But as the curtain comes down on this show, another one will be raised on a new era.”

Gutfeld then brought on Tucker Carlson, who will be taking over the 8 p.m. timeslot for Fox News on Monday, April 24.

“Look, I’m a conservative. I don’t believe in change, necessarily,” Carlson said jokingly of his new show. “I don’t think we’re going to change things too much. I’m very aware of the history of this hour, the bigness of it, the success of it. And the audience, which is the key to all of it. I hope I can stay true to the basics of the hour. We’re going to be skeptical, as always. I think that’s the heart of journalism. You know, ask tough questions, be respectful—I think that’s ok. But you know, force people with power to account for they’re doing. That’s the theme.”

Gutfeld closed with these final words:

“As for those of us who have been part of the Factor team, a personal note: Even as we look forward to the new beginnings, this is a sad day here. Some of the people on the Factor staff have been here from the very beginning helping Bill O’Reilly create something that had never been done before. In the 20 years since the Factor has been on the air, Bill changed the way news is done, and his show became a sanctuary for you, our loyal viewers, who are not being well-served by the mainstream media.

“As for me, I’ve been privileged to play a small role with my weekly segments and my substitute hosting gigs. But I’ve never been in a situation like this before. How do I turn out the lights on such a venerable and amazing show? I can’t. It’s not my show and it’s not my place. So on behalf of all of us on the Factor, good night and Godspeed.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04...ew-beginnings/

Last Online

Premium Member

I know Tucker is taking over Bill's time slot, but who is taking over Tucker's time slot?

It wouldn't shock me if they hire Piers Morgan for the job.

Gutfeld is awful.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I know Tucker is taking over Bill's time slot, but who is taking over Tucker's time slot?

It wouldn't shock me if they hire Piers Morgan for the job.

Gutfeld is awful.
    "The Five" is moving to 9pm where I predict it won't do as well. Eric Bolling will take over the 5pm slot.

Last Online

Premium Member

"The Five" is moving to 9pm where I predict it won't do as well. Eric Bolling will take over the 5pm slot.
    Barf

Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Liked 976 Times in 586 Posts

Premium Member

Default O'Reilly to return with new podcast episode Monday

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...cast-on-monday

O’Reilly’s “No Spin News” podcast is only available to premium members of his website who pay $4.95 per month to access exclusive content. The Monday episode will be the first time O’Reilly has spoken publicly since he was ousted from Fox News.

O’Reilly will also have a new Twitter account after moving previous tweets and followers from his “Factor” account to a personal handle.

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...cast-on-monday

O’Reilly’s “No Spin News” podcast is only available to premium members of his website who pay $4.95 per month to access exclusive content. The Monday episode will be the first time O’Reilly has spoken publicly since he was ousted from Fox News.

O’Reilly will also have a new Twitter account after moving previous tweets and followers from his “Factor” account to a personal handle.
    I have to think that the Murdochs placed some kind of limited gag order on his severance agreement. On the other hand, Bill is so big who knows what demands he made in his newest extension. This will be interesting especially since the dots on this planned attack are being connected.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

05.22.17 @ 07:13 PM
    Liked 2,517 Times in 1,474 Posts

Tucker Carlson is one of the few TV people who, in an era where shows like Morning Joe ban guests for not being truthful, will actually tear apart a guest's statements if they aren't being up front.

We act as if each guest is supposed to go on TV and give their view and an opposing view. Of course not. It's the interviewer's job to take guests to task for what they say if it isn't true. Carlson is good at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Bill O’Reilly is returning to the airwaves on Monday.

Conservative newscaster Bill O’Reilly was let go by his longtime employer Fox News last week. But O’Reilly has already announced plans to come back to the airwaves this week while he potentially searches for a new television network to host his show.

According to O’Reilly’s website, he will be hosting a podcast beginning Monday at 7 p.m. EST. “Monday. The No Spin News Returns,” reads a banner placed front-and-center on O’Reilly’s website.

O’Reilly, who had recently re-upped his contract with Fox, will reportedly receive a $25 million payout from the network for prematurely severing ties with him.

Over the course of the show, it averaged 4 million viewers each night, making it the highest rated cable news television show ever.

O’Reilly’s departure from Fox also juggled the network’s primetime lineup. Fox News host Eric Bolling was given his own weekly show at 5 p.m., while company executives moved Tucker Carlson’s show to 8 p.m. and “The Five” to 9 p.m.

It’s unclear what O’Reilly plans to do beyond his podcast. Many believe he’s still interested in hosting a television show, though O’Reilly has not made any public comments about his future beyond a brief statement after Fox fired him. Potential network suitors include: Newsmax, One America News Network, TheBlaze and Sinclair Broadcasting.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04...-can-find-him/

I would guess The Blaze is where he'd go. He would automatically bring millions of new subscribers and he would allow Beck to recoup the subscribers he lost last year. Beck also has more money than OAN. Bill would elevate the stature of any network he'd go to.