Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 4,929 Times in 2,549 Posts

Premium Member

Sounds like the boys are trying to fix something that isn't broken. I'm sure they will fuck it all up and turn it into some cookie cutter organization with a bland center of the spectrum take on all issues.

It was fun while it lasted.

Good lord... Megyn Kelly is the direction they prefer.
    Last edited by Number 47; 04.20.17 at 03:10 AM.

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 5,471 Times in 3,126 Posts

Premium Member

Simple answer.

Old man Murdoch gives sons the boot.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Enjoy...

Just remember all you talking heads... one day it might be you.
    Why does this happen. What's the point of putting up a video and then pulling it a few hours later?

Last Online

Premium Member

Delete: Just setting myself up. Should know better.
    Last edited by Number 47; 04.20.17 at 04:31 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Delete: Just setting myself up. Should know better.
    Yeah...we don't need a Friday Night Fight in here.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:20 PM
    Liked 8,918 Times in 4,818 Posts

Premium Member

This story is getting more interesting. Get ready for the globalist version of FOX NEWS

Michael Wolff: It's James Murdoch's Fox News Now

9:35 AM PDT 4/20/2017 by Michael Wolff

With the ouster of Roger Ailes and now Bill O’Reilly, Rupert Murdoch's son has overthrown his own network as he moves to reinvent the family company's profit machine at great risk.

After The New York Times wrote about the sexual harassment claims leveled at Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly and the settlements made by the company and O’Reilly himself, James Murdoch, according to 21st Century Fox sources, kept repeating with horror to his friends and executives: "This is on the front page of The New York Times!"

These sources say James Murdoch’s longtime annoyance if not disgust with Fox News became cold fury after the Times' April 1 story — even though several of the O’Reilly settlements had happened when James was CEO of the parent company. This was a similar reaction to what had followed the harassment suit by former anchor Gretchen Carlson against Fox News chief Roger Ailes in July. Every time Fox controversies spilled over into the wider world, James took it personally. “It was somehow against him," says one person close to the Murdochs.

Fox News is a business he should not be in, he had told people before, despite its major contribution to 21st Century Fox's bottom line — 20 percent of its profits came from Fox News last year, the biggest-earning division in the company. Presumably, he meant the in-your-face world of conservative cable news with its mega personalities. Indeed, James regarded many of the people at Fox News as thuggish Neanderthals and said he was embarrassed to be in the same company with them.

But, likewise, it would be hard to imagine how James could have been regarded with more contempt by many of the people at Fox News. James was rather exhibit No. 1 of the liberal elite entitlement that Fox had so profitably programmed against. “Fox [News] is an important brand, but it needs to develop, and, to some extent, be reformed,” James said when I interviewed him 10 years ago in his office as the chief executive of the Murdoch-controlled Sky TV in Britain, whose significantly less-partisan news operation he extolled as a ratings and journalistic model.

He seized his first opportunity for reform in July when, over his father Rupert's protests and his brother and co-executive Lachlan’s ambivalence, he pushed for the ouster of Ailes, the network’s founder and almost all-powerful executive. When the O’Reilly story hit the Times, he overrode his father and brother again — and, by the same method he had used with Ailes, hiring a Democratic-associated law firm, Paul Weiss, to perform a rubber-stamp investigation. (In neither the Ailes nor O’Reilly investigations were the targets of the investigation interviewed.)

It was, he proudly told friends, a right decision rather than a business decision. The billionaire scion was aligning himself, profits be damned, with a new generation of corporate responsibility. That put him quite directly at odds with his father. It would be quite inconceivable to imagine Rupert sacrificing sure profits for greater good or a better image; indeed, his company had always been a pirate company. 

But that really is the larger point — in which O’Reilly and Ailes were in the end just collateral damage — it isn't his father’s company anymore.

If the expulsion of Ailes, and, even more dramatically, O’Reilly, mean anything, it means most of all that James is in charge. And, most immediately, this means that Fox News, that constant irritant in James’ view of himself as a progressive and visionary television executive, will begin to change. Virtually overnight. 

In some sense, with the ouster of Ailes and now O’Reilly, James has overthrown his own network. With them there, both men possessing vast industry, institutional, political and corporate powers, it would have been impossible for the owner’s jejune son to have forced change. Now with them gone, it’s nearly a clean slate. Fox News must become something else. The almost certain instant erosion of Fox’s primetime audience, built on the spillover of O’Reilly’s long-unbeaten 8:00 hour, means the existential moment begins, practically speaking, immediately.

Rupert, 86, is said to be watching this in some disbelief, but with some pride, too. He has long believed that what many others see as his son’s arrogance and superciliousness is actually brilliance. And while Rupert may disagree with much of James' instincts and actions — quite proved inadequate in the London phone-hacking scandal for which James received much of the blame — he yet seems pleased that he would be up to taking them. 

James’ dream, wherein he hopes to match his father’s accomplishments, and which he has been spinning for all who might listen for many years now, is of combining Sky News and Fox News with the vast Murdoch reach and producing some ultimate global news brand. Where Fox News is parochial and America First, the new global brand is worldly and unlimited. It will give his family’s company, once the pirate company, new meaning and new stature — a force for stability instead of upheaval. Murdoch media, in an age of populist disruption, will stand for the established world order. 

Risk, in Murdochland, is good. Risk is one of Rupert's top business virtues. But where his father took risks in defiance of the respectable world, James, with some kind of head-smacking irony, is now risking the profits and influence his father created (with no small help from Ailes and O’Reilly) in pursuit of some ultimate respectability. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ox-news-995800
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 6,610 Times in 3,497 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    This story is getting more interesting. Get ready for the globalist version of FOX NEWS

Michael Wolff: It's James Murdoch's Fox News Now

9:35 AM PDT 4/20/2017 by Michael Wolff

With the ouster of Roger Ailes and now Bill O’Reilly, Rupert Murdoch's son has overthrown his own network as he moves to reinvent the family company's profit machine at great risk.

After The New York Times wrote about the sexual harassment claims leveled at Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly and the settlements made by the company and O’Reilly himself, James Murdoch, according to 21st Century Fox sources, kept repeating with horror to his friends and executives: "This is on the front page of The New York Times!"

These sources say James Murdoch’s longtime annoyance if not disgust with Fox News became cold fury after the Times' April 1 story — even though several of the O’Reilly settlements had happened when James was CEO of the parent company. This was a similar reaction to what had followed the harassment suit by former anchor Gretchen Carlson against Fox News chief Roger Ailes in July. Every time Fox controversies spilled over into the wider world, James took it personally. “It was somehow against him," says one person close to the Murdochs.

Fox News is a business he should not be in, he had told people before, despite its major contribution to 21st Century Fox's bottom line — 20 percent of its profits came from Fox News last year, the biggest-earning division in the company. Presumably, he meant the in-your-face world of conservative cable news with its mega personalities. Indeed, James regarded many of the people at Fox News as thuggish Neanderthals and said he was embarrassed to be in the same company with them.

But, likewise, it would be hard to imagine how James could have been regarded with more contempt by many of the people at Fox News. James was rather exhibit No. 1 of the liberal elite entitlement that Fox had so profitably programmed against. “Fox [News] is an important brand, but it needs to develop, and, to some extent, be reformed,” James said when I interviewed him 10 years ago in his office as the chief executive of the Murdoch-controlled Sky TV in Britain, whose significantly less-partisan news operation he extolled as a ratings and journalistic model.

He seized his first opportunity for reform in July when, over his father Rupert's protests and his brother and co-executive Lachlan’s ambivalence, he pushed for the ouster of Ailes, the network’s founder and almost all-powerful executive. When the O’Reilly story hit the Times, he overrode his father and brother again — and, by the same method he had used with Ailes, hiring a Democratic-associated law firm, Paul Weiss, to perform a rubber-stamp investigation. (In neither the Ailes nor O’Reilly investigations were the targets of the investigation interviewed.)

It was, he proudly told friends, a right decision rather than a business decision. The billionaire scion was aligning himself, profits be damned, with a new generation of corporate responsibility. That put him quite directly at odds with his father. It would be quite inconceivable to imagine Rupert sacrificing sure profits for greater good or a better image; indeed, his company had always been a pirate company. 

But that really is the larger point — in which O’Reilly and Ailes were in the end just collateral damage — it isn't his father’s company anymore.

If the expulsion of Ailes, and, even more dramatically, O’Reilly, mean anything, it means most of all that James is in charge. And, most immediately, this means that Fox News, that constant irritant in James’ view of himself as a progressive and visionary television executive, will begin to change. Virtually overnight. 

In some sense, with the ouster of Ailes and now O’Reilly, James has overthrown his own network. With them there, both men possessing vast industry, institutional, political and corporate powers, it would have been impossible for the owner’s jejune son to have forced change. Now with them gone, it’s nearly a clean slate. Fox News must become something else. The almost certain instant erosion of Fox’s primetime audience, built on the spillover of O’Reilly’s long-unbeaten 8:00 hour, means the existential moment begins, practically speaking, immediately.

Rupert, 86, is said to be watching this in some disbelief, but with some pride, too. He has long believed that what many others see as his son’s arrogance and superciliousness is actually brilliance. And while Rupert may disagree with much of James' instincts and actions — quite proved inadequate in the London phone-hacking scandal for which James received much of the blame — he yet seems pleased that he would be up to taking them. 

James’ dream, wherein he hopes to match his father’s accomplishments, and which he has been spinning for all who might listen for many years now, is of combining Sky News and Fox News with the vast Murdoch reach and producing some ultimate global news brand. Where Fox News is parochial and America First, the new global brand is worldly and unlimited. It will give his family’s company, once the pirate company, new meaning and new stature — a force for stability instead of upheaval. Murdoch media, in an age of populist disruption, will stand for the established world order. 

Risk, in Murdochland, is good. Risk is one of Rupert's top business virtues. But where his father took risks in defiance of the respectable world, James, with some kind of head-smacking irony, is now risking the profits and influence his father created (with no small help from Ailes and O’Reilly) in pursuit of some ultimate respectability. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ox-news-995800
    I hope they go down in flames. Looks like they're just going to become like every other left leaning news organization. Fucking douchebag son.

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 04:59 PM
    Liked 7,617 Times in 3,939 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    I hope they go down in flames. Looks like they're just going to become like every other left leaning news organization. Fucking douchebag son.
    I don't watch 'em anymore.

TBH I don't watch or pay attention to any of it anymore. It's all bullshit.

I've said it before but the best week of my year is when the family goes up to the YMCA of the Rockies for my wife's medical conference. No TVs, limited connectivity, and complete escape from the garbage. I find myself so much more at peace up there. It really makes me think about actually making that a way of life permanently. Get the negative influence of the media and the government out of my life as much as possible.
    I don't always listen to hard rock, but when I do, I prefer Van Halen. Stay Frosty my friends.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 6,610 Times in 3,497 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I don't watch 'em anymore.

TBH I don't watch or pay attention to any of it anymore. It's all bullshit.

I've said it before but the best week of my year is when the family goes up to the YMCA of the Rockies for my wife's medical conference. No TVs, limited connectivity, and complete escape from the garbage. I find myself so much more at peace up there. It really makes me think about actually making that a way of life permanently. Get the negative influence of the media and the government out of my life as much as possible.
    To be honest, i very rarely watch tv news anymore either. But at least Fox gave an alternative to the leftist propaganda shilled out by all the other networks. But, you are right, keeping the pervasive negativity of the liberal media and the government to minimum makes for a more peaceful existence. The problem is, leftists don't believe in live and let live.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Why is papa Murdoch rolling over? Am I missing something? Who is in charge and why does this James have so much clout to override his father?

Having said that...I haven't watched Fox in over two years or any cable news.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Liked 5,045 Times in 2,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Why is papa Murdoch rolling over? Am I missing something? Who is in charge and why does this James have so much clout to override his father?

Having said that...I haven't watched Fox in over two years or any cable news.
    he's 86 years old. James is the CEO of the company. There comes a point where you don't want to be telling your kids how to run a company that they'll soon run on their own,

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Well, he ain't retired yet so....

Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 915 Times in 556 Posts

Premium Member

Yawn.... I don't even have cable anymore. I do have the Fox Roku channel, where I can watch some highlights.

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:20 PM
    Liked 8,918 Times in 4,818 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Well, he ain't retired yet so....
    If the stock starts to take a dump he'll step in. Murdoch is 86, but FOX NEWS is his crown jewel. The boys want to completely change FNC into the very thing it was designed not to be. They want to take the news game back to 1995 when they all looked the same and they had more control over the narrative. The boys also don't have a love for America like their dad does. They don't hate America, but they see themselves as globalists. Which they totally are. They don't seem to get that FOX NEWS exists because there was a need for it.

When FNC first broke on the scene the mainstream media saw them as a joke. "America is a liberal country and there is no room for conservative viewpoints" was one critique I heard. Ted Turner laughed at the idea also saying they would fail miserably. The general consensus in the media was the same tired lie that all networks were fair and truthful.

Well, I think the Murdoch boys, and girls by the way since James' wife is a part of the Clinton Global Intiative, will learn a hard lesson just like everyone learned in 2016. This also creates a TREMENDOUS opportunity for a new network or an existing one.

Roger Ailes is out there biding his time until he can return. He would love nothing more than to come roaring back and embarrass the boys.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

23. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:33 PM
    Liked 5,045 Times in 2,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    If the stock starts to take a dump he'll step in. Murdoch is 86, but FOX NEWS is his crown jewel. The boys want to completely change FNC into the very thing it was designed not to be. They want to take the news game back to 1995 when they all looked the same and they had more control over the narrative. The boys also don't have a love for America like their dad does. They don't hate America, but they see themselves as globalists. Which they totally are. They don't seem to get that FOX NEWS exists because there was a need for it.

When FNC first broke on the scene the mainstream media saw them as a joke. "America is a liberal country and there is no room for conservative viewpoints" was one critique I heard. Ted Turner laughed at the idea also saying they would fail miserably. The general consensus in the media was the same tired lie that all networks were fair and truthful.

Well, I think the Murdoch boys, and girls by the way since James' wife is a part of the Clinton Global Intiative, will learn a hard lesson just like everyone learned in 2016. This also creates a TREMENDOUS opportunity for a new network or an existing one.

Roger Ailes is out there biding his time until he can return. He would love nothing more than to come roaring back and embarrass the boys.
    I think you're dead on here. I wasn't a fan of some of the people on fox but your media needs a voice for the right. And O'Reilly, in my opinion, did that better than anyone else I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

25. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: