Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Default "I do not believe this president loves America"

This maybe should go into the odummy sux thread but the title of this article was just too on point to resist

Rudy Giuliani claims Obama 'doesn't love America' while Wisc. Gov. Scott Walker goes after Mitt Romney
    The political figures expressed their disdain while attending a Manhattan dinner party Wednesday.

Obama doesn’t love America — and Mitt’s not much better.

Those were the not-so-subtle views expressed by former Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker at a Manhattan dinner party Wednesday night.

“I do not believe — and I know this is a horrible thing to say — but I do not believe that this president loves America,” Giuliani said of President Obama.

“He doesn't love you. He doesn't love me. He wasn't brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up," Giuliani added. "To love this country. And with all our faults, we're the most exceptional country in the world."

The former mayor attempted to soften his comments Thursday, saying that he was "not questioning (Obama's) patriotism."

"He’s a patriot, I’m sure,” Giuliani said during an appearance on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends." “What I’m saying is, in his rhetoric I very rarely hear the things that I used to hear Ronald Reagan say, the things that I used to hear Bill Clinton say about how much he loves America. I do hear him criticize America much more often than other American presidents. And when it’s not in the context of an overwhelming number of statements about the exceptionalism of America, it sounds like he’s more of a critic than he is a supporter.”

“You can be a patriotic American and be a critic," he added, "but then you're not expressing that kind of love that we're used to from a President."

Meanwhile, Walker, a likely 2016 White House contender, went after his party’s previous candidate.

“The big thing I thought Mitt Romney’s campaign missed more than anything was we already knew the narrative that the economy was failing, and that there was a compelling case to get rid of the president,” Walker told the crowd of business leaders, academics, GOP honchos and members of the media at the posh 21 Club on Wednesday night.

Among those attending were former U.S. Sen. Al D'Amato, Daily News Chairman & Publisher Mortimer B. Zuckerman and the evening's host, grocery store billionaire John Catsimatidis.

“What we never heard — or at least didn’t hear very clearly — was why Mitt Romney would be a better alternative,” Walker said.

The decision by Romney, the party's 2012 nominee, not to wage a third presidential campaign but encourage the party to choose a 2016 standard-bearer from among the "next generation" of GOP leaders, touched off a scramble for donors, staffers, and voters.

With former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush largely seen as the frontrunner, Walker -- whose national fame is largely rooted in his explosive battles with organized labor in Wisconsin -- is courting conservatives as he explores a run of his own.

Walker's criticisms of Obama and predicted Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton were redder GOP meat than the filet mignon served at the upscale club.

But he repeatedly, and without mincing words, clearly sought Wednesday night to differentiate himself, and the approach he would take to a run at the Oval Office, from Romney's methods.

"I think in America, we need to have transformational change," he said.

As he explores a run, Walker sees the need for a "fresh" face who will bring "big, bold" ideas to the forum -- and he was unstinting in his criticism of the strategy that led to Romney's 2012 defeat.

"One of the big mistakes that I and [Iowa Gov.] Terry Branstad and other Republican governors thought the Romney campaign made was, you've got all these Republican governors talking about how much better things were in our states after the 2010 elections, and then those same states -- in my case, after I spent $37 million on a recall election -- you had the Romney campaign coming in and telling them how awful things were because of Barack Obama's economy.

"We said 'No, the better argument in Republican-led states was to say, 'Look how much better it got -- imagine how much better it would be if you put a Republican in charge of the federal government. You could get the same thing happening there,'" Walker said.

"They didn't do that."
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

That pussy is NOT a patriot !!!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    That pussy is NOT a patriot !!!!
    Dicksauces head just exploded
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Lmfao
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”