1984/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

5150/Crossing Over
    Last Online

02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Atlas Music Group Sign Eddie & Alex Van Halen

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...-halen-sonyatv

The Atlas Music Group continues to make moves to put the firm at the forefront of the music publishing map. In its latest action, it has signed Eddie and Alex Van Halen to an exclusive worldwide publishing administration deal.

The deal covers Van Halen's entire catalog except for the last album, A Different Kind of Truth.

"This deal has been a long time coming," Atlas Music Group CEO Rich Stumpf told Billboard. "I have been after Irvin Azoff [the manager for the brothers] and Peter Paterno [the lawyer for the brothers], for five years to find out if there would ever be an opportunity to work with the Van Halen catalog. They are my favorite all-time band so this is kind of a surreal moment where my professional and personal lives are coming together."

Now that he has landed his dream band, the work begins. "We will give their music the proper push for synchronizations in films, TV and commercials," Stump says. "This is a premium catalog, so we will look for the right films and brand advertisers to place their music with."

As part of that move, Stumpf says they will focus on opportunities to reach the younger music consumers. "That is how you maintain the value of the [legacy artists] catalog by reaching the younger generations that come along," he says. "A lot of the decision makers themselves are young so we will have to educate them on the importance of Van Halen, and not just their many hits."

The deal now brings the Atlas Music Group catalog to about 4,000 songs, including the Combustion Music catalog the company acquired in September 2014. As part of that deal, Atlas and the Nashville publisher created a going forward joint-venture.

Consequently, the company now has 25-30 active songwriters, with 15 staffers in three locations, New York, Los Angeles and Nashville.

"This is the most important band we have signed; they are legends," says Stumpf, who launched Atlas in 2013. "It speaks volumes that after being with one company for 30 years that they have chosen to move to an independent music publisher that is trying to do things a little differently…This is an important moment not just for us for the independent music publishing community."

Previously, the duo's music publishing catalog had been handled by Warner/Chappell Music. "We will help ensure that new generations of music listeners are keenly aware of just how important Van Halen is to the music world and how incredible their songwriting is," Stumpf said in a statement.
    The song ain't dirty
    It's really just the way we sing it

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Cool, I guess
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

Previously, the duo's music publishing catalog had been handled by Warner/Chappell Music. "We will help ensure that new generations of music listeners are keenly aware of just how important Van Halen is to the music world and how incredible their songwriting is," Stumpf said in a statement.
    Atlas should insist on the Full Reunion with Michael Anthony and VH opening up the vaults, if they want to get a big return on their investment and pump up Van Halen's legacy status in the world and among younger rock fans.

Eddie needs to decide whether he is going to ensure Van Halen's legacy or have a family band.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:03 PM
    Liked 1,944 Times in 914 Posts

Premium Member

Now turn those machines back on!!!

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

So, I'm reading this as a simple distribution deal... no NEW record deal. Just a plan to capitalize on and commercialize the older stuff. Is that how you guys are reading this?
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

7. The Following 7 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpandedConsciousness View Post
    Atlas should insist on the Full Reunion with Michael Anthony and VH opening up the vaults, if they want to get a big return on their investment and pump up Van Halen's legacy status in the world and among younger rock fans.

Eddie needs to decide whether he is going to ensure Van Halen's legacy or have a family band.
    It's a publishing administration deal for existing material through BOBW... They'll have no voice in band management nor personnel.

Geez, if you're gonna keep blowing the same horn at least make an effort to be on the correct parade route on the right day...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

Some sleuthing for you.

Hello again, Private Life.

Jennifer Blakeman

Born August 6

Louisiana

Genres Rock, Pop, Hard Rock

Occupation(s) Music executive, Artist, Songwriter

Instruments Keyboard, Guitar, Flute, Background Vocals

Years active 1985–present

Labels Warner Bros. Records, Universal Music, BMG

Associated acts Billy Idol, Savage Garden

Jennifer Blakeman is a musician and music industry executive. Blakeman was a keyboardist for multiple bands predominantly in the 80s and 90s, before starting a career in the Music Publishing industry.

Artist career

Blakeman started her musical career as a founding member of the band Private Life,[1] a hard rock formation produced by both Ted Templeman, and Eddie Van Halen[2] and released two records with this band on Warner Bros. Records entitled Shadows (1988) and Private Life (1990),.[3] Later Blakeman worked as a touring keyboardist for British rock artist Billy Idol, the Australian pop rock formation Savage Garden (most notably on the Affirmation album), British pop act Billie Myers, 70s heartthrob David Cassidy along with many other artists.

Business career

She later became an executive at Cherry Entertainment Group,[4] Atlantic Records, Universal Pictures, Universal Music Group, and later Zomba Publishing.[5] After the purchase of Zomba by Universal Music Publishing Blakeman continued working with the company as the Senior Vice President of Creative Affairs. In this function she was responsible for the publishing of artists including Justin Timberlake, Ne-Yo, Skylar Grey, T-Pain, Anthony Hamilton and Linkin Park.[6] Currently Chief Creative Officer at Atlas Music Publishing Group,[7] she oversees a roster of top writers whose songs have been recorded by John Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Miley, Sam Hunt, and hundreds of others.[8]

She is an Adjunct Professor of Music Publishing at New York University. After serving as President of The Recording Academy's New York chapter board, she was elected to serve as Trustee on the national board of the The Recording Academy, a position which she currently holds.[9]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Blakeman

Eddie Van Halen Promo video for the band Private Life

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:01 AM
    Liked 11,754 Times in 6,511 Posts

Premium Member

Could this be the source of any perceived issues going on between Dave and Ed? I'm not trying to stir the pot, but he did sue the brothers back when they renegotiated their deal with Warner and he felt like he was screwed. I'm thinking/hoping that they're together on this.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,132 Times in 8,956 Posts

Atlas has no leverage to insist on anything, they are a publishing company. Dear God you are delusional.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

AJW

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 18,132 Times in 8,956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Could this be the source of any perceived issues going on between Dave and Ed? I'm not trying to stir the pot, but he did sue the brothers back when they renegotiated their deal with Warner and he felt like he was screwed. I'm thinking/hoping that they're together on this.
    No.

And what are these perceived issues?

Everyone is reading way too much into everything. I know that is what we do here, but c'mon, it is reaching crazy level.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Last edited by ExpandedConsciousness; 02.18.15 at 06:37 AM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    No.

And what are these perceived issues?

Everyone is reading way too much into everything. I know that is what we do here, but c'mon, it is reaching crazy level.
    LMAO
    After I read your post I realized that the "perceived issues" are coming from some people on this site.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 02.18.15 at 06:32 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Yeah, I'm thinking Ed was bangin' her.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

http://www.atlasmusicgroup.com/#/

Jennifer Blakeman - CCO

Jennifer has enjoyed a successful thirty year career spanning every aspect of the music business including work as: Warner Bros recording artist (albums produced by Eddie Van Halen/Ted Templeman); Touring/Live keyboardist (Billy Idol, Savage Garden, Brian Wilson, etc); and A&R/Creative executive (Atlantic Records, Universal Publishing, Zomba Publishing, Universal Pictures, etc).

Formerly Senior Vice President at Universal Music Publishing and Zomba Music Publishing where her rosters included: Ne-Yo, Linkin Park, T-Pain, Justin Timberlake, Flyleaf, Anthony Hamilton, Skylar Grey, among others, she is currently Chief Creative Officer of the newly formed Atlas Music Publishing. She’s an ASCAP writer and publisher, Trustee of The Recording Academy, voting member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame, charter voting member of the Latin Recording Academy and is an Adjunct Professor of Music Publishing at NYU where she has taught since 2006.
    http://www.atlasmusicgroup.com/#/new...jIwMS1kMTQwMGQ

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:21 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Atlas has no leverage to insist on anything, they are a publishing company.
    Yep..and since it is a smaller company, I am sure Ed and Al will have a HUGE say in where their music is used etc. Not to say they didn't with WB but you almost get the feel that this gives them complete control.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.