Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 79 Times in 38 Posts

Default I'm seeing post after post here.......

Speculating that the band is done, Roth is in seclusion, Wolfie is more interested in Tremonti, Ed is done and will never be heard from again etc etc etc.

Now I know this is a place for everyone's ideas and opinions but regarding Dave and his blackout, don't you guys realize that if the brothers wanted nothing more to do with Dave, Dave would have definitely spoken out by now. If he was released from his VH duties he'd be the last person to crawl up in a ball and weep. He wants action and if he didn't feel it from the brothers and knew the end was near he'd be all over the interent explaining his plans or stance by now. There would be no more reasons at this point to be intimidated by Ed.

This blackout is for a reason. VH still has some things to say besides just a live album. If they didn't, Dave would have moved on by now and let us all know with disappointment. If he was let go he wouldn't care at that point what the brothers thought and expressed himself.
    This blackout is just another little surprise from Dave that something else beside this live album is on the horizon.

If you guys were let go, would you go into seclusion with nothing to say? I don't think so

2. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

I don't think they have parted ways. I do think this is a public display of some type of clash between the Brothers and Dave. Could lead to a bigger issue. I'd be glad to be wrong and hope they do a public appearance together soon. Group hug!

Eruption
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1,849 Times in 809 Posts

Default I'm seeing post after post here.......

I don't know, In everything we have heard from Dave in the last few months, one phrase is always repeated, even with the Foo Fighters, "Everybody Wants Some"
    I just have to, or rather want to, believe there is something more. You don't go Dormant for 3 years and just release a mixed live Album
    So either they tried and failed, or they are wetting our beaks until they can complete what Everyone wants
    An Extensive box set, with Demos, unreleased songs, interviews and a new album

Doubt it, but Damn, doesn't Everybody want that?

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:21 AM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

Dave's been collared since he came back into the band. Everything he does or says about VH has to be approved. So there's been a blackout since he was brought back. You know he wanted to be there at the RRHOF and go on Letterman and Conan or Stern and just be Dave etc. The recent appearance with The Foo Fighters to unveil the new chrome look probably had to be run through the brothers first etc. I don't see how much longer this can last maybe its come to a head now maybe not but it's not going to last much longer than this. Then they can go back to Sammy lol or just really hang it up and sit on the porch.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

5150 & 1984
    Last Online

04.30.16 @ 03:52 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

The guys are 60. At this point, it is obvious they don't care about marketing the band. Dave being back in the band appears to be nothing more than a glorified living arrangement where they tolerate each other only when they have to. The band has been together loosely since they "reunited" back in 2007.

If Dave was cut now, I don't really think he'd be that disappointed. And I don't think the majority of us would be, either. But there is no point in cutting Dave again. Why cut him when you aren't going to do anything anyway? They can all do side projects and nobody in the band should care and just continue to meet up for whenever the next tour is. VH has no better options and neither does Dave. They can all go their separate ways and smile for the camera when the time comes. I think that's what it's been all along...
    How open-minded do I have to be before my brains start spilling out?

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 191 Times in 114 Posts

Agree - they wouldn't distribute a live recording, hint at future announcements and force Dave to go dark if they planned another Michael Anthony-type dismissal anytime soon. Even the "you know Dave" reference in the release, I think, indicates a continued partnership (however painful for all parties!).
    1981 - Lexington
    1982 - Louisville
    1983 - Lexington
    1984 - Lexington and Cincinnati
    1988 - Lexington
    1994 - Cleveland
    2007 - Indianapolis
    2012 - Washington, DC and Nashville
    2015 - Bristow, VA

Eruption
    Last Online

10.31.17 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 144 Times in 100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joeharley666 View Post
    Speculating that the band is done, Roth is in seclusion, Wolfie is more interested in Tremonti, Ed is done and will never be heard from again etc etc etc.

Now I know this is a place for everyone's ideas and opinions but regarding Dave and his blackout, don't you guys realize that if the brothers wanted nothing more to do with Dave, Dave would have definitely spoken out by now. If he was released from his VH duties he'd be the last person to crawl up in a ball and weep. He wants action and if he didn't feel it from the brothers and knew the end was near he'd be all over the interent explaining his plans or stance by now. There would be no more reasons at this point to be intimidated by Ed.

This blackout is for a reason. VH still has some things to say besides just a live album. If they didn't, Dave would have moved on by now and let us all know with disappointment. If he was let go he wouldn't care at that point what the brothers thought and expressed himself.
    This blackout is just another little surprise from Dave that something else beside this live album is on the horizon.

If you guys were let go, would you go into seclusion with nothing to say? I don't think so

You're making too much sense

I think you are right. If they would have parted ways, Dave would be everywhere.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

10.31.17 @ 07:54 AM
    Liked 144 Times in 100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mk5 View Post
    If Dave was cut now, I don't really think he'd be that disappointed. And I don't think the majority of us would be, either. But there is no point in cutting Dave again. Why cut him when you aren't going to do anything anyway? They can all do side projects and nobody in the band should care and just continue to meet up for whenever the next tour is. VH has no better options and neither does Dave. They can all go their separate ways and smile for the camera when the time comes. I think that's what it's been all along...
    Especially that first sentence in this paragraph above. He achieved what he wanted - a reunion with VH. It brought him back into the light, but he is IMO much too energetic to sit still forever until something moved ahead in the VH camp.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.31.17 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joeharley666 View Post

You're on target - I would suspect it's a tour announcement sometime soon.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

01.31.17 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Dave's been collared since he came back into the band. Everything he does or says about VH has to be approved. So there's been a blackout since he was brought back. You know he wanted to be there at the RRHOF and go on Letterman and Conan or Stern and just be Dave etc. The recent appearance with The Foo Fighters to unveil the new chrome look probably had to be run through the brothers first etc. I don't see how much longer this can last maybe its come to a head now maybe not but it's not going to last much longer than this. Then they can go back to Sammy lol or just really hang it up and sit on the porch.
    You on the other hand, are wrong. DLR has not been muzzled since the reunion. He has put out two seasons of THE ROTH SHOW onto YouTube, various podcast stations and his site. He's hosted a Japanese radio program. He has the occasional interview. THE ROTH SHOW HAS BEEN A LOT OF FUN. The blackout must mean something else.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:21 AM
    Liked 2,381 Times in 1,486 Posts

Premium Member

DLR has stayed so far away from causing any shit storms since 07 he's turned into Switzerland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.