Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:23 AM
    Liked 1,323 Times in 795 Posts

Default Kardashians will have two mothers, as Bruce transitions into a woman

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:24 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Generally, I'm at a loss for adjectives, but I suppose running with that bunch will make a guy do nutty things.
    Last edited by Elwood P.; 01.31.15 at 01:00 AM.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

In my former work life I dealt with a sales rep for close to 15 years. He was my main supplier. He was a mans man. Western wear etc you know the Marlboro Man. So the guy gets fired and I lose touch with him for about 5 years. One day I'm at work and someone says my name from a distance. I say I know that name and I turn and say, Hey Pete! All I see is a rather ugly women. Then the woman says, My name is Donna now. I almost passed out and my co-worker said I lost all the color in my face. I don't understand any of this.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

*runs out of thread*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:36 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

my mother is a big watcher of all that is Kardashian....she hates them, but for her it's like watching a car wreck

so thru her I hear all this stuff

and it's ....interesting. First there was the hair growing out and the long nails with a french manicure and Kris, harassing him to cut it for Kim's wedding to Kanye....and he whined that "do you know at my age how long it takes to get this length"....his hair is now way past his shoulders and lately he has given up the pony tail and taken to wearing it down. He has also taken to wearing lip gloss in public

then there was the shaving down of the adam's apple and the press went wild with speculation, because that is usually the first surgery in reassignment. No answer from him, but Kris just said that "he always hated his adam's apple"

then he was seen in public with a shirt that seemed to show off more than the usual moobs for a man his age, and at one point a picture at a golf course showed a sports bra thru his shirt

then at Halloween, he was seen with brightly painted nails, his hair down, lip gloss...and the speculation was "costume"

again no reply from Bruce and the family just laughed it off

but now, credible sources (not people and US magazines ) have been saying that there is a tv show in the works, Variety has reported that there is a documentary in the works that will air this spring

and I finally believe it

They say that back in the 1990's before he was married to Kris, he first explored the possibility and she talked him out of it. But I guess there is a point where a person wants to be the person they feel they are and at 65 "Bruiser" is going to be the person he always felt he was.

will be interesting to see how the self serving Kris Jenner and Kim will handle this

Bruce is going to make a particularly homely woman..I think that will be difficult for him. expect a lot of plastic surgeries
    ...but if he can finally find happiness in the last chapter of his life I guess it's a good thing?

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:03 AM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Bruce is the perfect example of where the modern guy is heading, and it's not going to be pleasant.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 16,481 Times in 9,339 Posts

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Virt de Firk? This guy is a space cowboy, I cannot believe this is the same person we all idolized in the 70's. I wonder if he is going to have a vagina and start balling guys?
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

TransJenner
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 16,481 Times in 9,339 Posts

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 08:36 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

I remember everyone being glued to the 76 Olympics and the story about Bruce Jenner and his breaking the world record for points and being declared "the worlds greatest athlete"

he didn't just win it, he crushed it.

His motivational talks are about "Finding the Winner Within" and Bruiser's winner just happens to be a woman

that he would undertake this (if it is true) at his age, with his family, with his fame, with his family's fame, takes balls.

the very things he wants lopped off

I'm sure he'll hear every joke in the world over the next few years, but you have to admit, that doing what he is doing is shows remarkable courage and commitment to his belief in his "true self"

watch this...you can't help but be inspired

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

I worked for years at a mom and pop music store in the high desert of SoCal. I would read the paper at lunch every day that I worked--the local paper and the LA Times. The Times sports section was almost all Lakers all the time back then (1999-2011). I read the paper all the way through, but saved sports for last, especially on big Lakers news days.

There used to be a columnist for the Times' sports section named Mike Penner. One day, after reading him for years, he wrote a column saying that he was taking time off, and when he came back, he'd be writing as Christine Daniels. Her column lasted for a while. Then, one day, Mike Penner started writing for the Times again. Not long after that, an obituary for him ran in the Times. Penner killed himself via carbon monoxide poisoning. His heartbreaking story is visited here (http://www.laweekly.com/news/mike-pe...-story-2166467)

That was my first introduction to this serious issue. As far as I am concerned whatever you want to be or be called, that's fine, it's none of my business. I do believe, however, that unlike many things, gender is a real thing with real differences that we know scientifically, so it is difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea that if one "identifies" with a gender other than their own, they can use those lockerrooms and bathrooms of their identified gender, not their birth gender. That said, gender-separated bathrooms are a relatively "new" thing, so maybe the idea just takes some getting used to. Maybe what gay rights are to my parents generation (I am 36), transgender is to mine, though as a supporter of gay equality, maybe my adjustment will be easier and shorter.

I've done some reading, though, and it turns out that those who change their gender actually end up with a suicide right higher than if they live their life thinking they should have been born a different gender. And that got me thinking about the LA Times writer. What went wrong? Why was he so tortured? How could he have been helped? He had a huge amount of support when he "came out" and changed to Christine. What happened?

It's been suggested--and it is not an easy subject to broach in this manner--that this is, perhaps, a mental health issue more than it is a "nature/God screwed up my gender" issue. I know too many people on the left who would be outraged if I said that.

But what if it is? What if it isn't really that you should have been born the "correct" gender and you weren't? What if it is in your head?

Shouldn't we at least look into that?
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 02.01.15 at 01:16 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,066 Times in 8,926 Posts

I just can't imagine willingly cutting off your twig and berries to get a butchered vagina.

If you have the issue, just dress up and accessorize like a woman, get breast implants, but taking a fully functional set of organs and chopping them off to fabricate and barely working organ just seems contrarian to what medicine is all about, at least to me.

I am sure others will differ, but I just don't understand the lopping off of correctly performing organs.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:36 AM
    Liked 11,719 Times in 6,493 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I worked for years at a mom and pop music store in the high desert of SoCal. I would read the paper at lunch every day that I worked--the local paper and the LA Times. The Times sports section was almost all Lakers all the time back then (1999-2011). I read the paper all the way through, but saved sports for last, especially on big Lakers news days.

There used to be a columnist for the Times' sports section named Mike Penner. One day, after reading him for years, he wrote a column saying that he was taking time off, and when he came back, he'd be writing as Christine Daniels. Her column lasted for a while. Then, one day, Mike Penner started writing for the Times again. Not long after that, an obituary for him ran in the Times. Penner killed himself via carbon monoxide poisoning. His heartbreaking story is visited here (http://www.laweekly.com/news/mike-pe...-story-2166467)

That was my first introduction to this serious issue. As far as I am concerned whatever you want to be or be called, that's fine, it's none of my business. I do believe, however, that unlike many things, gender is a real thing with real differences that we know scientifically, so it is difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea that if one "identifies" with a gender other than their own, they can use those lockerrooms and bathrooms of their identified gender, not their birth gender. That said, gender-separated bathrooms are a relatively "new" thing, so maybe the idea just takes some getting used to. Maybe what gay rights are to my parents generation (I am 36), transgender is to mine, though as a supporter of gay equality, maybe my adjustment will be easier and shorter.

I've done some reading, though, and it turns out that those who change their gender actually end up with a suicide right higher than if they live their life thinking they should have been born a different gender. And that got me thinking about the LA Times writer. What went wrong? Why was he so tortured? How could he have been helped? He had a huge amount of support when he "came out" and changed to Christine. What happened?

It's been suggested--and it is not an easy subject to broach in this manner--that this is, perhaps, a mental health issue more than it is a "nature/God screwed up my gender" issue. I know too many people on the left who would be outraged if I said that.

But what if it is? What if it isn't really that you should have been born the "correct" gender and you weren't? What if it is in your head?

Shouldn't we at least look into that?
    Good post. I was shocked to learn some time ago that this is not actually fully accepted in the gay community. Some friends of mine who are gay agreed with medicine and said that this was a mental issue. They also cited the suicide issue during our conversation.

Here's a great article on the subject. It's eye opening and worth the read.

Trouble In Transtopia: Murmurs Of Sex Change Regret

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/...44c79-83773797
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 02.01.15 at 08:42 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,380 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Mental illness is a horrible thing. Your brain can destroy you for sure.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.