Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year. She was not a VH fan, not because she didn't like them, but because she just listens to different kinds of music (She likes dico....I know, I know. I am doing my best to change that! Hey, she's dating me, so there is some question as to how good her taste and judgement is!)

Anyway, I talk about VH all the time, explaining to her all about the band, it's history, and it's current situation...and play their music all the time (It's about all I'll listen to.) My excitement about the band and my anticipation in waiting for an announcement has really infected her. Now, she is all caught up in the band and what's going on right now. She now owns 3 VH cd's (VH-1 & 2 and WACF) In fact, sometimes she'll call ME at work now if she sees a new update on the VHND or hears some new gossip on the radio etc. She's even got people at her work who were not VH fans talking about them and waiting for an announcement.

The point is...these are people who, one year ago didn't know anything about VH and are now just as curious as the rest of us thanks to my big mouth and one track mind. Maybe not to the same degree as some of us more fanatical fans, but there is interst nontheless. Even though the band hasn't done a thing in almost a year, word of mouth can spread and create new fans, if only to a very small degree.

I know this has nothing to do with anything but, I thought it was kind of cool.

Rock on, VH!

------------------
    "Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes."

Grateful Van Priest

[This message has been edited by CouldThisBeMagic (edited September 14, 2000 at 04:56 AM).]

[This message has been edited by CouldThisBeMagic (edited September 14, 2000 at 04:57 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.06.14 @ 12:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My wife was the same way. Now she climbs over complete strangers with a broken back and trys to get at Eddie. I trained her well.

------------------
    G.A.H.R.

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

My wife knows a fair amount about VH just from humoring me. Yesterday when she got home she told me that she listened to the best of VH CD that I made to leave in the car.

However, there is a catch. She skipped over Ice Cream Man and Little Guitars because she doesn't like those two songs. Could someone please explain to me how it's possible not to like those two songs?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got me, Glenn. Ice Cream Man has my absolute favorite gutiar solo by Eddie. And I have often heard the fingerpicking riff in Little Guitars copied by other gutairsts. I guess they think if your gonna rip someone off, it mine as well be the master.

------------------
    "Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes."

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." -David Lee Roth

Grateful Van Priest

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Glenn, you'd say that no matter which 2 songs she said she didn't like!

...If it wasn't for me, my friends, sister, and even parents would have no clue who VH is. These days, word of mouth is about the ONLY way VH is getting their new fans.

When I first listened to VH, it felt like that music had been waiting for me to discover it all my life...it was what I'd been missing up until that point!

That's why you need to buy your unenlightened friends and co-workers copies of the CDs for their birthdays and graduations. They just might stumble on something that becomes a huge part of their world like it is for us. So share the Van Halen already!

"You were right, Mr. Shorofsky. Music is not a private, isolated pleasure." - the Italian kid in "Fame"

------------------
    http://maya.iuma.com <-- My Stuff
    http://www.vhvault.com/1989 <-- My Van Halen Page
    VHVault Tribute Radio Rocks Ass! So Listen Already!

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

True enough Synth, but Ice Cream Man has my favorite EVH guitar solo and Little Guitars is my favorite VH song of all.

Favorite VH Album

First 6 albums and bov1
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 40 year old friend. He has seen it all. He tells me all about Van Halen live with david. Well I am only half his age. I love hearing about great concerts by VH. But I tell him whats been going on with dave and the boys. Well he went to work and told all his buddys at work about dave might be back in VH. He told me the place went nuts. I just had a big smile on my face when he told me that. It is just amazing how many people can been touch by VH. VH Rocks