Register
    Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.26.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Default I swore I would never do this again but great goggly moogly..........

I don't post much anymore because of the mindless shit I read hear so often and I know that this might be better suited in the guitar room but I know lots of you probably have had the same experience as I have and wanted to share some insight I got today. So several years ago I bitched on this forum about the endless rehash merchandising Ed does with all of the gear companies. And yes it was because I bought a lot of Ed "designed" and Ed "endorsed" gear that never really stood out. Simply put I felt like a donkey for spending thousands of dollars on guitar equipment that sound like a deep fryer on steroids or worse. Peavey 5150 amps? Shit I had 3 and never could make em sound good for anything. Music Man Axis with the quilt top. Best guitar I ever owed but was destroyed in Ike back in 08 along with 25 years of collecting. 80s Kramers? You bet. 6 necks, 5 bodies, Floyds in every color made. Still sounded like a Flying J mens room crime scene after "seafood Friday" in the buffet hall. I thought God was telling me "Mook ya just have too much shit. So I'm gonna do you a favor and blow it all out into the Gulf of Mexico and let you stand in shock and awe of how I giveth and then just then up and fuck ya. Well I just want to tell you that Ed and who ever his pals are at Fender did something right FINALLY.

I had this old 84 cum colored Kramer Barretta body laying around that I was thinking of making into a clock or some such thing and an old 85 Kramer rosewood hockey stick neck stuck on a beat up Kramer Vangard body in the shop and I went to thinking " how would that jizz colored ash body sound with an EVH Frankenstein humbucker sound. So I dug through a pile of old parts and found a beat up old black rusted floyd rose term and a kramer neck plate and bolted the thing together. A few days ago I bought a Frankie on ebay for $98.00 and it arrived today. I put that thing in old "ball sauce" and holifuckenoli !!!! It unlocked my rim like a west Texas Fracking crew. This pickup is REEVOOLUUUUSHUNN Hairy. I have never in my 45 years of playing guitar heard anything like it. The guitar is now ungodly sounding.

so I am now finished breaking it down so that I can regret the neck and make this a new old girl friend. I would highly recommend this one piece of gear because it sure don't git no better an this.

Mook out.

2. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 127 Times in 74 Posts

I like this bit...

"because of the mindless shit I read hear so often"
    ITS 5150 TIME

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:45 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

I guess the guitar has a new coat of jizz on it now too.

Cool story though... They are great pickups...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

AJW

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

What internet forum has no mindless shit from time to time ?
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by PT 5150 View Post
    I like this bit...

"because of the mindless shit I read hear so often"

Spleellling aint my stron sewt butt I buleeeve I cin fleye

Cheer mate

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    What internet forum has no mindless shit from time to time ?
    Sort of feel like a Van halen fan might have some better stuff to pontificate about other than a Dave vs. Sammy discussion or a "Wolf aint fat, he's just big boned" apology. The simple truth is I think Brett has done an amazing job over the years keeping the shite out of the old VHlinks but fer reals, there is so often so much blather that I only take notice when somebody dies. Its kind of like watching some "Munco" watch the same movie again and again. Do they get it, are they memorizing it or are they just a pile of mass keeping the moon in orbit? I can't tell anymore. I really feel good when someone adds a notion or two that makes you think about the evolution of what is great about the band and the era they came from. How the impact of the times they forged ideas instrumented the really unique bend of completely original music that came out the other end. I sincerely believe that Ed was gifted and while that gift for playing guitar like an LA riot may now be in a "circulo completo" of sorts there has been rarely a talent that has moved beyond the instrument playing to instrument innovation. Les Paul was one of those guys and I think that Ed has the same kind of mojo. We should expect and demand that his finely calibrated sense for design and utility be a brand for the future and by the sound of these pickups I think that he is on his way.

I have rarely had anything positive to say about Ed's public and humiliating behavior. Until now he has never really had any other job other than "Rock Star" and he covets what Hagar has done from a business legacy standpoint. He hates Hagar because Hagar understands the world of economic consumption better than most and while Hagar was willing to mentor him at one time he grew tired of the mindless dope and alcohol decision making. Ed should understand that while he created a great and highly coveted way of playing guitar and innovated continuously, he was surrounded by a group of disciplined musicians that each were responsible for the over all legend, and as such he should shut the fuck up and say thank you to Dave, Sam, Mike and his brother for putting with his "Diva" bullshit.

Congrats to him that he finally got clean for himself and not others. No greater feat has ever been achieved and I salute him for finally embracing his true talents.

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

would like to upload an image to this site but the html code listed is not able to do so [img]ball sauce.jpg[/img] does not work.

Any code monkeys out there care to make a suggestion?
    Last edited by mookie5; 01.24.15 at 09:49 AM.

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Mookie man if we could all go back to 1978 we would love to do it all over again without the mistakes. Peace
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts

For what its worth....I was ready to sell or give away my Peavey 5150 Combo because of the razor blade tone and then I discovered Eurotubes and it was a total new love affair.