02.15.15 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts

Default Mad As Hell - The Young Turks Documentary Trailer

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

can't stand that guy. world class douchebag that masters in taking shit out of context.

3. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    can't stand that guy. world class douchebag that masters in taking shit out of context.
    The Young Turks are awesome, but it makes complete sense why you are the first person out of the gate here.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    The Young Turks are awesome, but it makes complete sense why you are the first person out of the gate here.
    lots of people like them. I think they're awful. Lots of people like Glenn Beck too. Not my taste.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:30 PM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

Just to put him in perspective, he was the only watchable thing other than Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC. IMO, that's how bad Sharpton, Maddow, Schultz, Olbermann, etc., are.

I've also heard the rumor that he was removed from MSNBC for being too hard on Obama.

Either way, documentaries anymore leave a bad taste in my mouth because they lie so damn much. Most recently, since I don't watch that many, it was Blackfish.

I gonna go out on a limb and guess this makes Uyger look good, and it doesn't tell the whole truth.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Just to put him in perspective, he was the only watchable thing other than Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC. IMO, that's how bad Sharpton, Maddow, Schultz, Olbermann, etc., are.

I've also heard the rumor that he was removed from MSNBC for being too hard on Obama.

Either way, documentaries anymore leave a bad taste in my mouth because they lie so damn much. Most recently, since I don't watch that many, it was Blackfish.

I gonna go out on a limb and guess this makes Uyger look good, and it doesn't tell the whole truth.
    i think the issue the YT stuff that i've seen (and i haven't seen a tonne but enough to know i can't stand what they are) is that they have a blatant disregard for honesty. Blatant. And they're not all that funny. If you're gonna be a Jon Stewart and take a line out of context and be funny that's one thing, even a guy like Bill Maher does that well but he takes himself a little too seriously for me. The Turks actually seem to believe they are a "news" show, the scary thing is that other people take that nonsense as news. It's really sad when you think about it.

As much as people like to rip on Michael Moore, he's made great documentaries. Roger and Me is fantastic, Bowling for Columbine is great. He has a skill. the Turks only skill seems to be to attract really stupid people who are left of centre to watch them.

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

I have seen parts of the documentary - they clearly acknowledge that Cenk has anger issues and a my way or the highway kind of attitude.

But yes, Cenk was fired for not playing ball with MSNBC and being too harsh on Obama and guests that he was interviewing. He brought the Young Turks to TV, but they wanted a newsreader with little opinion. They offered him a weekend slot, but he wasn't going to do that. Take it or leave it was his position on how he does things.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

This guy is like the idiot uncle we all have that gets liquored up at family parties and starts shouting angrily about shit he doesn't understand. Then one of your relatives tells him something that flies in the face of his argument and he tells them to shut up, stop drinking the kool-aid, and then just shouts louder as if that wins the argument.

There's a reason the two places this guy has found work are Youtube and the desperate-for-any-ratings MSNBC.

A few years ago I happened to come across his show on Youtube and watched an episode. I can't remember the topic, but it was something that I knew a little bit about and in the first few minutes he made several false statements regarding the subject. After that I just went back to Van Halen videos.

More power to him though. He's showing the beauty of free market capitalism: anyone can succeed given a little hard work and persistance. Find a niche and you will succeed.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Banned!
    Last Online

i think the issue the YT stuff that i've seen (and i haven't seen a tonne but enough to know i can't stand what they are) is that they have a blatant disregard for honesty. Blatant. And they're not all that funny. If you're gonna be a Jon Stewart and take a line out of context and be funny that's one thing, even a guy like Bill Maher does that well but he takes himself a little too seriously for me. The Turks actually seem to believe they are a "news" show, the scary thing is that other people take that nonsense as news. It's really sad when you think about it.

As much as people like to rip on Michael Moore, he's made great documentaries. Roger and Me is fantastic, Bowling for Columbine is great. He has a skill. the Turks only skill seems to be to attract really stupid people who are left of centre to watch them.
    You do realize that the Young Turks are huge right and everyone watches them - left, right, libertarians, progressives, etc.

Let me ask you a question - name me a liberal/progressive media source, podcast, TV show, radio show or whatever format that you do really like outside of comedy shows like Maher and Colbert. I am talking more news based that you respect.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

You do realize that the Young Turks are huge right and everyone watches them - left, right, libertarians, progressives, etc.

Let me ask you a question - name me a liberal/progressive media source, podcast, TV show, radio show or whatever format that you do really like outside of comedy shows like Maher and Colbert. I am talking more news based that you respect.
    i do realize they are popular, yes.

I listen to John Moore every weekday morning on Newstalk 1010. I think most would consider him a liberal. Many Americans would consider far left of centre I imagine.

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    This guy is like the idiot uncle we all have that gets liquored up at family parties and starts shouting angrily about shit he doesn't understand. Then one of your relatives tells him something that flies in the face of his argument and he tells them to shut up, stop drinking the kool-aid, and then just shouts louder as if that wins the argument.

There's a reason the two places this guy has found work are Youtube and the desperate-for-any-ratings MSNBC.

A few years ago I happened to come across his show on Youtube and watched an episode. I can't remember the topic, but it was something that I knew a little bit about and in the first few minutes he made several false statements regarding the subject. After that I just went back to Van Halen videos.

More power to him though. He's showing the beauty of free market capitalism: anyone can succeed given a little hard work and persistance. Find a niche and you will succeed.
    Your comments are so funny, considering you take Fox News and Brietbart so seriously as real journalism.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

you seem to think that i'm anti liberal, i'm not. i bet we agree on 60% of issues. I just don't like blowhard douchebags.
    Last edited by It's Mike; 01.22.15 at 01:59 PM.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

i do realize they are popular, yes.

I listen to John Moore every weekday morning on Newstalk 1010. I think most would consider him a liberal. Many Americans would consider far left of centre I imagine.
    Well you should have clarified that before stating that only liberals watch The Young Turks. Everyone watches the Young Turks to get a different perspective - not just liberals. It's the most watched news show online in the world.

I wouldn't say that John Moore is far left at all. Center left at best. Give me someone who is CLEARLY a hard core liberal.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Well you should have clarified that before stating that only liberals watch The Young Turks. Everyone watches the Young Turks to get a different perspective - not just liberals. It's the most watched news show online in the world.

I wouldn't say that John Moore is far left at all. Center left at best. Give me someone who is CLEARLY a hard core liberal.
    That such a weird question to ask as most smart people don't put themselves in these neat little boxes. And i try to listen to smart people. I love the stuff on CBC newsworld, I think the National is a great news program. Is that liberal, is it conservative? I don't know. It's the f-ing news. I listen to power and politics every day and i think that's more left than right. Really i don't know how to answer that question.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Your comments are so funny, considering you take Fox News and Brietbart so seriously as real journalism.
    I'll give you a whole dollar if you can show me where I said that.

Oh.

You can't.

Your response is actually revealing. It shows how you simplify others' points of view into your established boxes in order to discount them to make yourself feel more comfortable.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.