Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast
    Last Online

05.08.15 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 620 Times in 379 Posts

Default Clues that Michael Anthony is back! (Latest: DLR's Roth Show: Jan 16th, 2015)

David Lee Roth posted one of his old radio show broadcasts as an episode of The Roth Show yesterday! In this particular show from January 30th, 2006 (which is very entertaining, of course) he discusses how GNR is not GNR without Slash and all the other original members. He also asks the question if Van Halen is Van Halen without David Lee Roth. He headlined the post by saying "I'm gonna add some bottom..." If there was ever a hint or a clue from Dave, this is it! (Also, the last 20 seconds of that episode are about Sam are hilarious and priceless!)

Right now is a moment in time when the future of Van Halen is unannounced and a restless fan-base waits to find out what will happen in 2015. There are literally thousands of radio excepts he could have posted at the moment. Right after the high-profile Foo Fighter gig, he chooses to post the single excerpt where he talked at length about bands only being real bands, authentic bands, when they fully reunite.

Messages, clues and evidence so far:

The Rolling Stone interview calling for Mike.

The "secret project" announcement.

VHND announcing no album of new material is being released, indicating that past footage will be released and followed by a supporting tour to help sell it.

Van Halen's 40th Anniversary is now.

Wolf in Tremonti 2014-15. For two years.

DLR to VHND: “Yes, there are hidden messages in the video. The Kon-Tiki is the epitome of adventure. The VH flag and the Kon-Tiki are symbiotic. The ‘Everybody Wants Some’ lyric is reflective of upcoming good news.”

And now, today, titling the newly posted radio excerpt "I'm going to get some bottom..." Bottom? There is nothing in the 26 minute discussion to think he is referring to getting some tail. It would have been too obvious if he titled it, "I'm going to get some old high harmonies..." So, there is a strong case for interpreting it as a hint that Michael Anthony is back!

Get ready, indeed!

On Vimeo:

Also on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeeRoth
    Last edited by ExpandedConsciousness; 01.17.15 at 03:18 AM.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:51 AM
    Liked 1,204 Times in 532 Posts

When in seen the tweet I instantly thought he was referring to singing in a lower register.
    Who the hell knows....

GET READY...
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

Last Online

*typo above: "And now, today, titling the newly posted radio excerpt 'I'm going to add some bottom...'" Not "get."

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

EC, you are certainly keeping the discussions going about VH 2015. Should be interesting!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ExpandedConsciousness View Post
    *typo above: "And now, today, titling the newly posted radio excerpt 'I'm going to ____ some bottom...'" Not "get."
    Fixed again:

typo above: And now, today, titling the newly posted radio excerpt "I'm going to add some bottom..." Not "get."
    Last edited by ExpandedConsciousness; 01.17.15 at 04:48 AM.

Last Online

In anticipation of counter-arguments, I suppose DLR could be floating the idea of a full reunion yet again, like he did through Rolling Stone awhile back. Yet, this late in the game, one imagines that 2015 was setup during 2014, is set in stone, contracts already drawn up. Dave's desires for a Full Reunion of Classic Van Halen has never changed over the years. However, it would be a little weird if he agreed to more Van Wolf, yet right before 2015 VH starts he still beats the full reunion drum. That would be out of character. Dave always gets behind and promotes fully what he is about to do (the "3/4 original, 1/4th inevitable" quote). The glaring question is: Why the hell would he praise full reunions right before launching a Van Wolf tour? Would think he'd now get behind and promote the 2015 Van Wolf tour and try for the full reunion down the road (2017). So, the strongest intuitive interpretation points to the meaning of Dave's latest Roth Show posting as indicating a 2015 Full Reunion.

8. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts

"I'm gonna add some bottom" is a Sly Stone lyric which is undeniable proof Mark Stone is back in the band-The "original" line up! FACT.

10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Dave knows what he is doing. He was fully conscious of posting 26 minutes on bands only being authentic when fully reunited. Now. At this point of time.

To those that think that MA would say no or insist on Hagar: MA would not say no. He would not refuse to do Classic Van Halen, insisting on Sam's involvement. Sam's words in the press recently indicates his support and his urging of the Full Reunion "for the fans."

The Wolf question: If it happens, Wolf will be on record giving it his full support. Eddie will say Wolf convinced him "for the fans." Tremonti will open, which will be presented as (and will be) a great opportunity for Wolf.

Pure speculation? No, reasoned speculation with evidence. We know something is coming. Dave said there is "upcoming good news." Neither option is far-fetched. Van Wolf tour is hardly clear-cut. They didn't explicitly announce it, though they could have, thus ending all speculation and subsequent disappointment. Ending speculation would be the best marketing move. And I'd be surprised if Dave came back from Japan to do some "heavy lifting for Van Halen" and the only thing they have been putting together in 2014 is a 2007/08 or 2012/13 live DVD which Van Wolf will then go and tour in support of, in between Wolf rehearsing and traveling with Tremonti. That scenario is hardly clear-cut and just entirely or much gel.

EVH will never get over or be in the same room with MA again: It looked for years and years that EVH would never be in the same room ever again with that guy from his regretted youth. Much less on a record or on a stage ever again. He slammed and insulted DLR and their past collaborations for 20 years straight. 100+ shows and hundreds of hours in the same room with DLR later...
    Last edited by ExpandedConsciousness; 01.17.15 at 05:59 AM.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.12.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpandedConsciousness View Post
    David Lee Roth posted one of his old radio show broadcasts as an episode of The Roth Show yesterday! In this particular show from January 30th, 2006 (which is very entertaining, of course) he discusses how GNR is not GNR without Slash and all the other original members. He also asks the question if Van Halen is Van Halen without David Lee Roth. He headlined the post by saying "I'm gonna add some bottom..." If there was ever a hint or a clue from Dave, this is it! (Also, the last 20 seconds of that episode are about Sam are hilarious and priceless!)

Right now is a moment in time when the future of Van Halen is unannounced and a restless fan-base waits to find out what will happen in 2015. There are literally thousands of radio excepts he could have posted at the moment. Right after the high-profile Foo Fighter gig, he chooses to post the single excerpt where he talked at length about bands only being real bands, authentic bands, when they fully reunite.

Messages, clues and evidence so far:

The Rolling Stone interview calling for Mike.

The "secret project" announcement.

VHND announcing no album of new material is being released, indicating that past footage will be released and followed by a supporting tour to help sell it.

Van Halen's 40th Anniversary is now.

Wolf in Tremonti 2014-15. For two years.

DLR to VHND: “Yes, there are hidden messages in the video. The Kon-Tiki is the epitome of adventure. The VH flag and the Kon-Tiki are symbiotic. The ‘Everybody Wants Some’ lyric is reflective of upcoming good news.”

And now, today, titling the newly posted radio excerpt "I'm going to get some bottom..." Bottom? There is nothing in the 26 minute discussion to think he is referring to getting some tail. It would have been too obvious if he titled it, "I'm going to get some old high harmonies..." So, there is a strong case for interpreting it as a hint that Michael Anthony is back!

Get ready, indeed!

On Vimeo:

Also on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeeRoth
    I'll put my guitar collection up that you are smoking crack about Wolf being with/on the road for Tremonti for 1-2 years. Small tour up the east coast, some festivals in Europe, a "break" for a period of time, then maybe some more in the fall.

Stop trying to find the conspiracy, and treasure hunt here... There isn't one.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:58 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

I have 0 sources and 0 insider knowledge and i'm not intuitive enough to read into what online videos true meanings are....but

I just get the feeling that MA is back with the band...No idea why just got a feeling
    Kosovo Je Srbija

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    "I'm gonna add some bottom" is a Sly Stone lyric which is undeniable proof Mark Stone is back in the band-The "original" line up! FACT.
    No doubt. Yet the theme of the show, posted now, was how crucial Full Reunions are. Dave knows it is not enough to declare that "all we need is a drummer" and to "add a little guitar," but they're "gonna add some bottom" to make the Full Reunion.

Dance to the Music
    Sly & The Family Stone

BuyListen
    Lyrics
    Get up and dance to the music!
    Get on up and dance to the funky music!
    Dum-dumm du-du-du-du-du-dum-dumm
    Du-du-du-du-du-dum-dumm - du-du-du-du-du-dum-dumm
    [All:] Dance to the Music, Dance to the Music
    [Freddie:] Hey Greg!
    [Greg:] What?
    [Freddie:] All we need is a drummer,
    For people who only need a beat, yeah!
    [Drummer]
    I'm gonna add a little guitar
    And make it easy to move your feet
    [Guitar]
    [Larry:] I'm gonna add some bottom,
    So that the dancers just won't hide
    [Bass]
    [Sly:] You might like to hear my organ
    I said 'Ride Sally Ride'
    [Organ] Cynthia, Jerry!!
    You might like to hear the horns blowin',
    Cynthia on the throne, yeah!
    [Trumpets]
    Listen to me
    [Cynthia & Jerry got a message they're sayin':]
    [Cynthia:] All the squares, go home!
    Aaaaah, yeah!!!
    [Trumpets]
    [Listen to the basses]

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Icecream-man View Post
    I have 0 sources and 0 insider knowledge and i'm not intuitive enough to read into what online videos true meanings are....but

I just get the feeling that MA is back with the band...No idea why just got a feeling
    Sure, it is normal for a lead singer to publicly trumpet his opinion that Full Reunions are absolutely crucial right when his public profile is at it highest in years (after the Foo Fighter press) and right before launching a 3/4 band tour. Makes perfect sense. Crystal clear. What was I thinking or smoking?

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

I never buy into any of these rumors and never gave serious thought to Mike coming back but I gotta say there seems to be legit reason to believe it's gonna happen.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

My spidey sense is tingling too...

And I had decided that I wouldn't go to any upcoming tours. However, if Mike's there...I have no choice. I have to...it's a nostalgia thing...

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I have felt that Mike is back for a long time. But only a select few actually know. Maybe VH is planning a farewell project/tour?
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

22. The Following Member Likes This Post: