Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Car Dealership Staff Screws With Pizza Delivery Guy

    A video of car dealership employees in Westport, MA getting into a heated argument with a local pizza delivery man over $7 has led to Internet anger and a personal apology.

    The video, posted on Liveleak, begins with a delivery man returning $7 in cash to the dealership that he had thought was a tip. By the end of the video, one dealership worker threatens to “put my foot in your ass” and another says he will call the delivery man’s manager and get him fired.

    (Warning: The video contains some NSFW language.)



    http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...j5L/story.html
    Last edited by voivod; 01.15.15 at 07:56 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium Ted Van Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    All up in there
    Posts
    4,382
    Favorite VH Album

    Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

    How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 09:34 AM
    Likes
    2,303
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    What a bunch of turd burglars.
    -TVH-


    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine


    What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison


    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,913
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Likes
    3,510
    Liked 18,151 Times in 8,969 Posts

    Default

    I am getting to the point that as a whole, I don't like humanity.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  4. #4
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,144
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    people like this don't understand how dumb they actually are. So now the pizza guy knows he was getting messed with, knows the location this is and has the rest of his life to exact far more than 7 dollars in damage to them (as does anyone else who wants to "mess with" the people who did this). I'm also guessing the owners of this establishment might not be impressed with this nonsense either as this is not good for business.

  5. #5
    On Fire aceface9's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.24.04
    Posts
    384
    Last Online

    03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Likes
    47
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Bunch of tough guys ganging up on the pizza man over $7? Plus the bitch who acts tough when he's already out the door. Absolutely ridiculous.

  6. #6
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    09.29.14
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,119
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 06:50 AM
    Likes
    3,286
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

    Default

    What a bunch of fucking pricks. I actually am a new car salesman, but spent almost twenty years in the restaurant biz. If you don't tip, you are a prick, plain and simple. I wish they would display what dealership this was. Assholes.

  7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

    Red

  8. #7
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,170
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    What a bunch of fucking pricks. I actually am a new car salesman, but spent almost twenty years in the restaurant biz. If you don't tip, you are a prick, plain and simple. I wish they would display what dealership this was. Assholes.
    According to one of the comments on youtube it's
    F&R Auto Sales located in Westport, Massachusetts

    This link is funny when you google F&R auto sales
    https://plus.google.com/110134004991...69/about?hl=en

    Pretty funny comments on yelp too.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/f-and-r-auto-sales-westport
    Last edited by sickman; 01.15.15 at 10:06 AM. Reason: grinding the bedpost

  9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  10. #8
    Atomic Punk Rod Dangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.27.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    7,871
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning, ADKOT
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Likes
    1,074
    Liked 444 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    fuckin' terds! I'm wishing bad things to happen to every single one of them. Fuckin' tired of people like this.
    Last edited by Rod Dangle; 01.15.15 at 10:26 AM.
    M*U*L*E

  11. #9
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,988
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Likes
    816
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Couple thoughts.

    Obviously, these guys handled this poorly. Pizza delivery drivers are traditionally tipped, so it's not as if these people don't know that. And if you're THAT mad at someone who assumed he got a tip--like he's traditionally supposed to get--not that you had made a mathematical mistake, then you've got a problem much larger than this interaction. In fact, if you want to put your foot up his ass and get his job, you're an asshole beyond imagination.

    That said, what the delivery guy should have done is return the change, apologize, and leave. You can't have "pride" in the service industry. It sucks, but that's the way it is. If the delivery guy actually does get fired, it would be because he picked the fight by complaining to the people, telling them it didn't make sense to give him what they gave him. That doesn't excuse their behavior afterwards, but in service you're not taught to do that. Had he just returned the money and apologized for the confusion, which he should have been taught in training, he'd have probably gotten out of their unscathed. I'm a believer in the customer is right until they aren't, but this situation could have been completely avoided.

    This just shows why tipping in America is ridiculous. The joke is on the consumer, because pizza places and restaurants are getting their employees' wages subsidized by us! When gratuity is included automatically, it essentially functions as a dining tax. Prior to prohibition, Americans were decidedly against it. But when alcohol sales disappeared from restaurants' bottom lines, restaurants encouraged tipping as a way to subsidize the pay of their servers.

    Since studies show you don't get better service when you tip, and that women get better tips than men, Whites better tips than Blacks, maybe restaurants and other tip industries should just make the food cost a bit more and pay their employees the wages they get now.

    A culture without tipping would have avoided this pizza-car dealer confrontation altogether. First restaurant to open near me that does this gets a large amount of my business.

  12. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  13. #10
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,144
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Couple thoughts.

    Obviously, these guys handled this poorly. Pizza delivery drivers are traditionally tipped, so it's not as if these people don't know that. And if you're THAT mad at someone who assumed he got a tip--like he's traditionally supposed to get--not that you had made a mathematical mistake, then you've got a problem much larger than this interaction. In fact, if you want to put your foot up his ass and get his job, you're an asshole beyond imagination.

    That said, what the delivery guy should have done is return the change, apologize, and leave. You can't have "pride" in the service industry. It sucks, but that's the way it is. If the delivery guy actually does get fired, it would be because he picked the fight by complaining to the people, telling them it didn't make sense to give him what they gave him. That doesn't excuse their behavior afterwards, but in service you're not taught to do that. Had he just returned the money and apologized for the confusion, which he should have been taught in training, he'd have probably gotten out of their unscathed. I'm a believer in the customer is right until they aren't, but this situation could have been completely avoided.

    This just shows why tipping in America is ridiculous. The joke is on the consumer, because pizza places and restaurants are getting their employees' wages subsidized by us! When gratuity is included automatically, it essentially functions as a dining tax. Prior to prohibition, Americans were decidedly against it. But when alcohol sales disappeared from restaurants' bottom lines, restaurants encouraged tipping as a way to subsidize the pay of their servers.

    Since studies show you don't get better service when you tip, and that women get better tips than men, Whites better tips than Blacks, maybe restaurants and other tip industries should just make the food cost a bit more and pay their employees the wages they get now.

    A culture without tipping would have avoided this pizza-car dealer confrontation altogether. First restaurant to open near me that does this gets a large amount of my business.
    the driver was handed 2 20s and 2 5s for a 42 dollar bill. And was then called back to return the change when it was (to anyone with a brain) a tip. This wasn't a mistake, this was on purpose to cost him time and money. The driver, in my opinion, was over the top nice given the situation. He shouldn't have even returned and gave back the money in my opinion. But this will work out for him. This used car establishment can look forward to having their orders messed up for the next year or so by every delivery place in the area.

  14. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  15. #11
    Eruption Arson's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.10
    Posts
    854
    Last Online

    02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Likes
    346
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

    Default

    It's amazing that not one person in this group is embarrassed.

    I don't take change when I hand 30 for a $22 order....and the delivery guys show up to my place first.

  16. #12
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,988
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Likes
    816
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    the driver was handed 2 20s and 2 5s for a 42 dollar bill. And was then called back to return the change when it was (to anyone with a brain) a tip. This wasn't a mistake, this was on purpose to cost him time and money. The driver, in my opinion, was over the top nice given the situation. He shouldn't have even returned and gave back the money in my opinion. But this will work out for him. This used car establishment can look forward to having their orders messed up for the next year or so by every delivery place in the area.
    Look, these people are assholes, no argument. According to a Facebook post by the guy who is heard saying he wants the guy's job, they were busy, they just handed him all the cash they collected, and he took off while they were figuring out who owed what. Of course, the driver says in the video that he didn't just take off. Who knows?

    Either way, it's pretty shitty to know that pizza drivers expect tips and to not just let him have the money and figure who owed what amongst themselves. That would have been appropriate. If someone threw in too much and someone else too little, figure that out privately and let the guy have the tip.

    My only point was that, at the retail level, there are things you can do to avoid stuff like this. First, just like his restaurant compadres, the driver could have asked, "Do you need change?" This happens every time I use cash at a restaurant. Sometimes the answer is no, other times it's yes. The other thing he could have done was swallow his pride, apologize for the confusion, and deliver back the change.

    It doesn't make the salesmen any less petty or assholish, but this is simple stuff you do at the retail level to avoid angry customers.

    In this particular case, it will work out for the driver and not work out for the salesmen. But most of these interactions don't become viral.

    As a side, note, the guy's Facebook post says that the woman tells him she'll put a boot up his ass because he was muttering expletives as he left, including calling her a "bitch." No idea how true this is.

    Personally, when I was 19, I had never thought about handing people more money than what is owed in order to get, say, one $5 bill instead of $3 ones. So one day early on something was, say, $17.42 and the customer handed me $22.42. I politely informed them that they gave me too much. They got mad, berated me, and then made fun of me for being stupid. That makes them an asshole.

    Now, after that, there were times that the customer did the math wrong and it wasn't going to work out like that. Instead of saying something, I just gave them back the change they were owed. If they were confused, I'd explain, and then they'd apologize for being wrong. This was MUCH better than getting yelled at, so I adopted the attitude that the customer was always right in this case.

    I avoided any more confrontations. Yes, these salesmen are assholes who posted this video in the hopes of embarrassing the driver. They were so dumb that they ended up embarrassing themselves.

    That doesn't mean that the driver shouldn't make some adjustments to how he deals with extra money that may or may not be a tip.

  17. #13
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,144
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Look, these people are assholes, no argument. According to a Facebook post by the guy who is heard saying he wants the guy's job, they were busy, they just handed him all the cash they collected, and he took off while they were figuring out who owed what. Of course, the driver says in the video that he didn't just take off. Who knows?

    Either way, it's pretty shitty to know that pizza drivers expect tips and to not just let him have the money and figure who owed what amongst themselves. That would have been appropriate. If someone threw in too much and someone else too little, figure that out privately and let the guy have the tip.

    My only point was that, at the retail level, there are things you can do to avoid stuff like this. First, just like his restaurant compadres, the driver could have asked, "Do you need change?" This happens every time I use cash at a restaurant. Sometimes the answer is no, other times it's yes. The other thing he could have done was swallow his pride, apologize for the confusion, and deliver back the change.

    It doesn't make the salesmen any less petty or assholish, but this is simple stuff you do at the retail level to avoid angry customers.

    In this particular case, it will work out for the driver and not work out for the salesmen. But most of these interactions don't become viral.

    As a side, note, the guy's Facebook post says that the woman tells him she'll put a boot up his ass because he was muttering expletives as he left, including calling her a "bitch." No idea how true this is.

    Personally, when I was 19, I had never thought about handing people more money than what is owed in order to get, say, one $5 bill instead of $3 ones. So one day early on something was, say, $17.42 and the customer handed me $22.42. I politely informed them that they gave me too much. They got mad, berated me, and then made fun of me for being stupid. That makes them an asshole.

    Now, after that, there were times that the customer did the math wrong and it wasn't going to work out like that. Instead of saying something, I just gave them back the change they were owed. If they were confused, I'd explain, and then they'd apologize for being wrong. This was MUCH better than getting yelled at, so I adopted the attitude that the customer was always right in this case.

    I avoided any more confrontations. Yes, these salesmen are assholes who posted this video in the hopes of embarrassing the driver. They were so dumb that they ended up embarrassing themselves.

    That doesn't mean that the driver shouldn't make some adjustments to how he deals with extra money that may or may not be a tip.
    But do we even know if the driver asked if they needed change?

  18. #14
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,988
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Likes
    816
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    We don't, no. Maybe he did. Maybe he did and they didn't hear him. Maybe he saw an extra $8 or whatever and thought that was his tip (perfectly reasonable assumption).

    Maybe I am confusing what you're saying, but when you say "on purpose to cost him time and money," are you saying that they purposefully gave him to much money so they could then call his manager and make him come back? Like I said, if they did, that is kind of diabolical.

    It just seems so much more reasonable to me that they handed him too much money while they were busy taking care of work stuff and the guy thought it was a tip and left.

    The asshole part comes when they call his manager and make him come back. I completely agree. These people expect tips and are paid lower wages with the assumption that they will get tips.

    I am completely against tipping but I do it anyway because it isn't the server's fault that we've set up a system where the customer subsidizes the wages of the employee for the employer.

  19. #15
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,144
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 08:42 AM
    Likes
    1,316
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    We don't, no. Maybe he did. Maybe he did and they didn't hear him. Maybe he saw an extra $8 or whatever and thought that was his tip (perfectly reasonable assumption).

    Maybe I am confusing what you're saying, but when you say "on purpose to cost him time and money," are you saying that they purposefully gave him to much money so they could then call his manager and make him come back? Like I said, if they did, that is kind of diabolical.

    It just seems so much more reasonable to me that they handed him too much money while they were busy taking care of work stuff and the guy thought it was a tip and left.

    The asshole part comes when they call his manager and make him come back. I completely agree. These people expect tips and are paid lower wages with the assumption that they will get tips.

    I am completely against tipping but I do it anyway because it isn't the server's fault that we've set up a system where the customer subsidizes the wages of the employee for the employer.
    based on the fact that they posted that video, it's my assumption that this was an attempt to be funny. If it's not then I have no idea why they would post it.

    They gave him 2 5s as part of the money. So there's only 2 options here, (1) they're f-ing morons who don't realize that if a bill is 42 dollars that you don't give the guy 2 20s and 2 5s if you're expecting to not tip, (2) they did it on purpose to be a-holes. I'm gonna assume option 2

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Domino’s delivery driver comes to the rescue of elderly daily customer
    By Ilovevh in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02.23.11, 04:07 PM
  2. Santa's Late Delivery
    By Limecuda in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01.03.09, 12:53 PM
  3. Pizza Chain Accepting Pesos for Pizza
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01.14.07, 08:48 PM
  4. For those who have been/still are pizza delivery drivers
    By Thai Boxer 9901 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07.06.06, 03:59 PM
  5. Man Drives SUV Into Dealership, Sets Building On Fire
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.20.06, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •