Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

Default MI5: Al Qaeda Plotting New Massacre In Britain

MI5: Al Qaeda Plotting New Massacre In Britain

Al Qaeda is plotting to massacre huge numbers of civilians in Britain and other western countries, the head of Mi5 has warned.

Andrew Parker, director general of the security service, told a select group mostly from the Royal United Services Institute at his London headquarters that while the so-called Islamic State is the newest threat to the West and that self-started lone wolf plots are hard to foil, al Qaeda still has ambitions for something more spectacular.

He said: "We know that terrorists based in Syria harbour... ambitions towards the UK - trying to direct attacks against our country, and exhorting extremists here to act independently."

But this was in addition to newly identified plans from al Qaeda to revisit their traditional style of operations.

He said: "…we still face more complex and ambitious plots that follow the now sadly well-established approach of al Qaeda and its imitators: attempts to cause large scale loss of life, often by attacking transport systems or iconic targets.

"We know, for example, that a group of core al Qaeda terrorists in Syria is planning mass casualty attacks against the West."

Al Qaeda experts are known to have moved from Pakistan to Syria, where they may be able to draw on British volunteers to conduct attacks in the UK. Their mission is entirely focussed on plots against the West.

They are known to be led by Muhsin al Fadhli, an expert bomb maker wanted by the FBI who has a $7m price on his head. He moved to Syria two years ago and was unsuccessfully targeted in a coalition air strike last year.

It is also known that British citizens are in the ranks of al Qaeda in Syria and could be used in a major atrocity back home.

The domestic spy chief spoke hours after the UK's COBRA committee ordered a boost to national security.

Home Secretary Theresa May said: "Following the attacks we took the precautionary step yesterday of increasing security at the French-UK border.

"The UK threat level, which is set by the independent Joint Terrorism Advisory Centre, remains at severe; that means a terrorist attack is highly likely and the public should remain vigilant.

"This morning I chaired COBRA to consider Britain's response to the attacks and our own preparedness to a similar attack."

Extra police have already been deployed at British ports and stations serving the Eurostar.

Lone wolf plots aimed at the police and military have surged over the last year and these have combined with the Paris killings to cause unease among officers.

"It's a huge worry for us," said Sir Peter Fahy, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police.

"There is a particular increased threat to police officers at the moment and there have been a number of attacks foiled in differed parts of the country, but I can tell you that our officers are very concerned about it… they see what happened in France, and clearly we are an unarmed police force but it is the nature of that threat which is worrying but despite that our officers go out there and do their duty."

Such concerns from front line police reflect similar fears in the intelligence community. Put simply - the world is getting more dangerous.
    http://www.itv.com/news/2015-01-08/a...15-boss-warns/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6439188.html

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

more and more I am coming to believe that we are on the verge of WWIII and N Korea will use any excuse to jump right into the middle of it

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

I think it's more likely that we're on the verge of a long period of all western nations having domestic terrorism issues. At some point this will lend itself to nations to basically blocking off dealing with parts of the world. I would not be surprised if we start to see the creation of blocks of nations that are self sufficient that do not deal with the muslim world.

4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 18,202 Times in 8,994 Posts

I've been screaming that for years, and no one will listen.

There is about 25% of the world that we should just have nothing to do with, if they want to live in the 12th century, let them.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

6. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:47 AM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

There is about 25% of the world that we should just have nothing to do with, if they want to live in the 12th century, let them.
    Agreed. We have accomplished basically nothing from our presence in the middle east, other than loss of life and huge expenses. Nothing will change there. Just leave it alone. Focus on oil independancy, and just cut off all trade and relations with that sector.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,391 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Right now the Jihadvirus is spreading and a few of the big powers are enabling it with arms and technology aka the Russians and Chinese which is what those guys have always done since WW2. At some point the use of a nuke or the shut down of the financial systems will be the spark to start a world war and its going to be nuclear and very very ugly for mankind.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 05:47 AM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Hate to say it, but trouble seems inevitable. Be it a cyber attack or whatever someday. I have reluctantly become one of those guys who is actively stocking up on canned goods and drinking water. Also have some ammo stocked up. I don't revolve my life around it, but setting a little aside seems prudent.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:29 PM
    Liked 6,988 Times in 5,021 Posts

Premium Member

I couldn't agree more !
    There's many other who fell the same , and that Canada should literally and figuratively close it's borders to that "25%" ...

mrrogers-640x480.jpg
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    Hate to say it, but trouble seems inevitable. Be it a cyber attack or whatever someday. I have reluctantly become one of those guys who is actively stocking up on canned goods and drinking water. Also have some ammo stocked up. I don't revolve my life around it, but setting a little aside seems prudent.
    Everyone should do that.

Stocking up seems to be associated with doomsday sayers but a hurricane or power outage is enough reason to have supplies on hand at all times.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:10 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

N. Korea is not part of this. Sure they talk a lot and may or may not want to prevent you from seeing a Seth Rogen movie. But we're facing a much more serious enemy.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

BREAKING NEWS: The military's U.S. Central Command Twitter page has been hacked and was displaying pro-ISIS messages

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/n...FlowFB_CTBrand

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 PM
    Liked 4,814 Times in 2,457 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah I need to get moving on stocking on some stuff. Make it my New Years Resolution.

My thoughts is that there are two options. One is that the increasing attacks on Western countries will increase the police state where rights are given up for security. If that doesn't happen, then I can see a war on the religion of Islam. Some by state and some by the people. Similar to the Jews in the 20's in Germany. People will increasingly distrust those people who are Muslim and they will suffer because of that. The government will put on a good face but won't do much. The mob of the people will rule the day. Attacks will only become more frequent and since there is no country to attack, the religion is where people will vent their frustration.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 18,202 Times in 8,994 Posts

I am just starting to get a bad feeling that we are heading into a shit storm over the next few decades.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

I am just starting to get a bad feeling that we are heading into a shit storm over the next few decades.
    I think we're already there. Over the past year most of the west has been hit by one of these. You guys had the Boston Marathon bombing, we had the Ottawa incident at Parliament, Australia had one, France just had one. This isn't ending. And I think what this will lead to is a huge increase in security but one that will be challenged in the courts. I don't think it'll ever get to a point where it's WW3 like people are mentioning, I think we'll be like Israel in a way, where we just don't know if today is the day that we're getting hit by some lunatic. If Muslims in the West are smart and I can only speak to Canada here (I fear this is not the case in Eurpoe) but they're gonna have to be super aggressive with watching their own - that seems to be happening here to a great extent. The second someone says anything dangerous, they need to turn them in right away.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:29 PM
    Liked 6,988 Times in 5,021 Posts

Premium Member

It sucks to say that at the heart of the matter , none of them (or their families) can be fully trusted . How do we really know for sure who is going to snap ? Regarding letting more Islamic and Muslims into Canada ? CanadaImmigratio.jpg
    Last edited by RRvh1; 01.12.15 at 11:17 AM.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora