Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh they will. I had friends that said Van who?? Then I lent them VH1. They now like VH. VH can turn rock back around, and they will.

------------------
    Nick "I've been to the edge, MMMMThere I stood and looked down."

[This message has been edited by Unchained Wolfie (edited July 28, 2000 at 01:15 AM).]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:06 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    You mighn't see another multi-super-wizzo platinum album, but I think once or twice is achievable if the materials strong enough, no worries at all

------------------
    A little zen... Headed your way...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

If the music is good it will sell. I have zero doubt that the music will be good, people will by it if its good.

People would have bought VH3 if it was good, the bottom line is it wasnt good it was below average so it didnt sell well.

If VH does what only VH can do well.... lets have the music do the talking - nuff said.

------------------
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    and thats about what its worth

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Have some faith, bro'.

I have no doubt that the new album will race by the sales of "3".

(Pssst... I think it has, ALREADY. )

I really think that the hype surrounding this album and the different management (thank GOD) will serve to help the sales.

And, uh... that new lead singer won't hurt sales, either.

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

I'm sure it will do well because of the fact that guitars appear to be showing up more in popular music right now. I think a reason for the wait is that the band's making SURE this will be a killer album. Besides, Ed himself had the most killer tuned down riff on "Unchained" almost twenty years ago when many of these bands were wearing diapers!

Last Online

12.09.12 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This new album will surely go Platinum, with the Diamond on eat the helm we are going to have a major media frenzy.

------------------
    "Come on Dave give us a break..."

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, I'll probably buy 2 copies of the album just myself. I'm sure it will do well. Platinum is realistic, eventually.

------------------
    While I'd rather hear something official right now about a DLR reunion, I'll be just as happy if I HEAR ABOUT IT LATER!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.06.05 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Speaking as a young person, I see the reunion as being more a "VH1 thing". As in, guys get real, you will never, ever see a Van Halen video on MTV again. I think it will be a moderate hit, but I hope it will do so much more.

Last Online

07.07.15 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If the first single is strong and all the old VH fans are interested it should go double platinum I would think.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

11.10.17 @ 07:18 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts

The new album with Dave will easily go platinum, and then some.

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Look at what The Rolling Stones, Santana and others have done. The 96 KISS reunion tour was the largest grossing tour that year. Plus, music is not as single dimentioned today as MTV portrays. Although Van Halen may not be heard on the same radio stations as Brittney Spears, it does not mean that it will not sell CD's.

------------------
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.21.12 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think it will sell maybe 2 mill. That would be great in this day and age.

------------------

"I don't need no stinking click"

On Fire
    Last Online

07.09.12 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think there is any question, with David Lee Roth at quarterback, that this new album will sell any less than 3 million copies. Not just because Dave is back, but because with the David Lee Roth Quality Control Board at work, the only product to come out of 5150 will be the absolute BEST possible product.

You have to understand something here too, this is not just a rock band we're talking about here. The music that Van Halen...in its truest form creates can only be described as Van Halen. It is on a whole 'nother plain of existence from your average rock band. It is timeless and unable to be pigeon-holed into one stereotype. I don't think the current state of music has a damned bit to due with the success of a new Van Halen album. It hasn't previously. Look at the state of music when Van Halen burst on to the scene. Fucking Disco. Need I say more?

-Adam

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

Well, being a teen, I find it hard to believe that a band I like will ever surface in popularity. LOL. It sucks. WB is going to have to put the same efforts they did for "3" on this album and their manager has to book them on everything from Leno to SNL. When they play, they have to be spectacular. People want to see if the original VH can still do it. A lot of people totally forgot about them. To all the kids my age, VH doesn't ring a bell to them too much. Oddly, DLR is remembered more than VH...at least with the people I ask. They all know the "California Girls" video. The Rock scene today is pure crap. I don't know how people can get away with playing such crap. Rock/Rap seems like they use the same riffs on every song...and they're simple too. Also, I give no credit to people who can't sing. If you can't sing, don't be a lead singer...duh. Same with the guitar players. I have been playing for almost a year now and I can probably play their stuff already if I practiced. It's simple to figure out. Punk seems to be fading away a little bit. Blink 182 is more mainstream now...still Punk, but mainstream. Hardcore Metal is still thriving from below MTV (MTV doesn't support it too much.) This music is simple. Three chords played as fast as possible (for them.) The singers sound like they are exploding. All they do is scream things that are just plain wrong. Who the hell wants to listen to music that says stuff like "I'll kill you!" I went to a battle of the bands thing here and most of these Hardcore bands were swearing at the crowd and flicking them off throughout the song. This isn't for fun, either. These people are literally pissed at the world. The rest of the Rock bands today are stuff like "Creed", "Foo Fighters", "Third Eye Blind", etc...they're okay, but I don't really like them. The problem with Rock today is that everyone wants to send a serious message...I'll quote DLR here, "hey, you got a message, use Western Union!" I totally agree. Rock music was supposed to be fun. It isn't anymore. It's either, serious, mocking, or depressing. If VH comes out with a good old-fasioned feel-good kinda album, who knows what could happen? One thing is for sure, if VH gets popular, say goodbye to all the crap mentioned above

------------------
    Joe

Member of E.B.A.S.

People that I hate or people that just scare me: Ray Daniels, David C********, Mitch Malloy, and there are many more

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

04.20.05 @ 02:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Maybe everyone can look into their cyrstal balls and tell me the winning lotto numbers while you're at it.

Who can really know anything for sure in the music biz? It's more fickle than high finance.

------------------
    RLRR LRLL