Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Schaller tuner?

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:18 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default Schaller tuner?

You guys know of any place that sells M6 schaller non locking tuners individually?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:38 AM
    Liked 612 Times in 387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by van77 View Post
    You guys know of any place that sells M6 schaller non locking tuners individually?
    Buying a set on eBay is an incredibly cheap way to get what you need. I got a full set of vintage 70s "D-logo" Schallers that are identical to the ones Ed used on the Lynn Elsworth Frankenstein neck on eBay for $20 including shipping. You might get lucky and find one by itself but it would be far easier to buy a set.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=181627770084

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 6,981 Times in 5,014 Posts

Premium Member

That would be one of my suggestions too , as well as Craig's list , Kijiji , etc.
    Also .. what about checking the local music stores or repair centers ? Many have spare parts in stock or can readily order them . Those places that also have techs or luthiers on hand might find one with a drawer full of goodies in the back room .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

According to the FAQ link at http://www.schaller-electronic.com/auctores/scs/imc

Q: FAQ10200 Can I also order individual machine heads or just the buttons?

A: Yes, you can also order any machine head individually, or just a set of buttons without the machine heads.

So, I would try and order one through the website shore...
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    According to the FAQ link at http://www.schaller-electronic.com/auctores/scs/imc

Q: FAQ10200 Can I also order individual machine heads or just the buttons?

A: Yes, you can also order any machine head individually, or just a set of buttons without the machine heads.

So, I would try and order one through the website shore...
    Thanks....

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 1,374 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhMcG View Post
    That would be one of my suggestions too , as well as Craig's list , Kijiji , etc.
    Also .. what about checking the local music stores or repair centers ? Many have spare parts in stock or can readily order them . Those places that also have techs or luthiers on hand might find one with a drawer full of goodies in the back room .
    I was going to suggest this as well.
    It's worth a try to call a few shops that do service, and check with the tech if he has any.
    You'd be surprised just how many techs or luthiers have parts bins full of very good parts that customers have swapped out in favor of something that better suits their needs.
    I had drawers full of tuners, Everything from vintage Fender, Kluson, Schaller, Grover, you name it.
    Actually might even still have some kicking around.
    Tell you what. I'll take a look in some of my old storage boxes, and If I do find some over the next day or two, I'll send one or two your way free of charge.
    You're looking for the regular non mini chrome/nickel I'd assume. Also...the tuner locating tab...Yours have them? I have some Schallers on my Kramer that I installed ages ago, and they are the blind locating pin type. (Drilled with a template, and the tuner self locates to the hole with no external screw).
    Maybe you could post a pic if possible?
    I've sure I have some that will fit the bill, but want to make sure that the mounting/locating tab is exact. There are some variations Schaller have offered over the years to accommodate different stock hardware mounting position. (Part of the reason why Schaller rules!)
    let's take it from there....Give me some specifics, better yet a pic, and I'll rummage around. Either way...I'll let you know if I can help. No promises, but always like to try to help out a Linker.
    J
    Last edited by we die young; 01.05.15 at 03:10 PM.

Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by we die young View Post
    I was going to suggest this as well.
    It's worth a try to call a few shops that do service, and check with the tech if he has any.
    You'd be surprised just how many techs or luthiers have parts bins full of very good parts that customers have swapped out in favor of something that better suits their needs.
    I had drawers full of tuners, Everything from vintage Fender, Kluson, Schaller, Grover, you name it.
    Actually might even still have some kicking around.
    Tell you what. I'll take a look in some of my old storage boxes, and If I do find some over the next day or two, I'll send one or two your way free of charge.
    You're looking for the regular non mini chrome/nickel I'd assume. Also...the tuner locating tab...Yours have them? I have some Schallers on my Kramer that I installed ages ago, and they are the blind locating pin type. (Drilled with a template, and the tuner self locates to the hole with no external screw).
    Maybe you could post a pic if possible?
    I've sure I have some that will fit the bill, but want to make sure that the mounting/locating tab is exact. There are some variations Schaller have offered over the years to accommodate different stock hardware mounting position. (Part of the reason why Schaller rules!)
    let's take it from there....Give me some specifics, better yet a pic, and I'll rummage around. Either way...I'll let you know if I can help. No promises, but always like to try to help out a Linker.
    J

I am putting a floyd on me olp mm1 and I wanted to put the schaller m6's on it like the Evh Ebmm had on them....4 rights and 2 lefts!
    Thanks for the help!!

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:33 PM
    Liked 6,981 Times in 5,014 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by van77 View Post
    I am putting a floyd on me olp mm1 and I wanted to put the schaller m6's on it like the Evh Ebmm had on them....4 rights and 2 lefts!
    Thanks for the help!!
    Good luck with it !!!
    Sounds like a cool mod to the OLP guitar . Keep us posted with pics when you're done . Which top/quilt do you have ?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora