Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Evh Namm 2015!

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 05:36 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default Evh Namm 2015!

Anyone heard what's gonna be new for Evh/fender....hopefully the wg in some Kool colors...like red...blue...purple...etc!!!!

Or has anyone heard rumors of new gear possible another replica of some sort?

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by van77 View Post
    Anyone heard what's gonna be new for Evh/fender....hopefully the wg in some Kool colors...like red...blue...purple...etc!!!!

Or has anyone heard rumors of new gear possible another replica of some sort?
    I would kill for a new Wolfgang USA in green or blue. They'd probably sell a little better if they made them more interesting

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:11 PM
    Liked 2,856 Times in 1,068 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

If we do see anything new I think it will be on the USA and Amp side of things. The Special/Standard models are just now shipping, no reason to update those.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Let's see some smaller amps and/or amp heads in the range of 20-30 watts. Most of the other major companies have them and EVH needs to get on board. There's such a market for it.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 10:33 PM
    Liked 266 Times in 142 Posts

Premium Member

I don't know if it will be out for NAMM, but I think there will be a smaller version of the 5150 III Stealth head coming out. I know two of the bosses at EVH, Chris Canella and Mike Ulrich, recently left. So there may be a delay in new stuff coming out until Fender figures out who's gonna succeed those guys full-time.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:06 PM
    Liked 6,970 Times in 5,006 Posts

Premium Member

Hey , Rick ...
    Any idea on why those two guys left the fold ? I always used to see that Chris C. guy doing the EVH gear reviews and whatnot . He seemed to be Eddie's new right hand man - so to speak .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:06 PM
    Liked 6,970 Times in 5,006 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    I would kill for a new Wolfgang USA in green or blue. They'd probably sell a little better if they made them more interesting
    That would be very cool to see ! I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    If we do see anything new I think it will be on the USA and Amp side of things. The Special/Standard models are just now shipping, no reason to update those.
    Agreed .

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Let's see some smaller amps and/or amp heads in the range of 20-30 watts. Most of the other major companies have them and EVH needs to get on board. There's such a market for it.
    I think you have a good point . EVH Inc. would do well to offer those models to the roster .
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.12.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhMcG View Post
    That would be very cool to see ! I'm all for it

Agreed .

I think you have a good point . EVH Inc. would do well to offer those models to the roster .
    I heard straight from a "principle" of the EVH brand, a "hand wired" or boutique style head is on the way. Whether or not it makes it to NAMM this year, who knows.

Eruption
    Last Online

Premium Member

Yeah, that's pretty much where I heard something similar, but didn't get to go up to his office when I was last over there. We met in the lobby.

Anyway, Chris Canella went to ESP and Mike went somewhere also in CA, as he wanted to be there near where his kid was going to school, or something along those lines. I have a buddy whose used to work at Fender and just left ESP too. So I'll have to ask what he knows about Chris's going over there.

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

The 50 watt head is a small Stealth. Same voicing. One resonance knob instead of three.

My guess for NAMM is nothing. Nothing new this year. Although I'm hoping for a Shark! Never happen.

Eruption
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFU View Post
    The 50 watt head is a small Stealth. Same voicing. One resonance knob instead of three.
    I wouldn't mind having those external bias points on my 50w like the Stealth has.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I'm hoping for a new Wolfgang Stealth in red with the ebony board like the one Ed played during the recent tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 460 Times in 200 Posts

yeah me too Bluto.... I have been waiting for that one myself. Wished they'd release that one for sure.

Rob

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by AFU View Post

My guess for NAMM is nothing. Nothing new this year. Although I'm hoping for a Shark! Never happen.
    I have both the 50w and the 100w stealth and they are not the same circuits. The stealth has more drive/gain than the 50w. I reported in another thread that they where the same but I was wrong. The 50w is more crunchy and the stealth is more of a smooth gain. But, the clean channel on the 50w is very sparkly clean when set up correctly. The stealth clean channel breaks up very quickly. Hell, I can crank the gain on the stealth clean and get about the same crunch as the 50w blue channel. I actually dig the green stealth channel. The gain on the red is just crazy on both amps. I am so in love with the stealth that the 50w gets very little attention anymore. Either way, they are both kick ass amps. An actual 3 channel mini stealth would be awesome. The 50w and the whole sharing EQ thing just completely screws that amp. It always reminds me of the 6505+ combo I have that has become nothing more than a $600.00 night stand for my ol Lady. LOL
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:00 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    I have both the 50w and the 100w stealth and they are not the same circuits. The stealth has more drive/gain than the 50w. I reported in another thread that they where the same but I was wrong. The 50w is more crunchy and the stealth is more of a smooth gain. But, the clean channel on the 50w is very sparkly clean when set up correctly. The stealth clean channel breaks up very quickly. Hell, I can crank the gain on the stealth clean and get about the same crunch as the 50w blue channel. I actually dig the green stealth channel. The gain on the red is just crazy on both amps. I am so in love with the stealth that the 50w gets very little attention anymore. Either way, they are both kick ass amps. An actual 3 channel mini stealth would be awesome. The 50w and the whole sharing EQ thing just completely screws that amp. It always reminds me of the 6505+ combo I have that has become nothing more than a $600.00 night stand for my ol Lady. LOL
    Hold on there. This is the first I've heard of this. I was under the impression the 50 watt head and the Stealth were voiced the same. Especially the blue channel. This makes sense to me now. I've been wondering why Ed uses a Stealth head and a Stealth guitar and has more gain on the blue channel than I can get. It's been bothering me. I've got a USA Wolfgang Stealth and a 2x12 5150 III combo. With my hotter guitars it's perfect. With the Stealth blue channel needs a slight boost I think. I was thinking his pickups were not stock. Now I think it's just his heads have more gain. Damn it. Now I need the Stealth head!