Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

Default Giada De Laurentis divorcing husband

Yowza, an extremely beautiful woman just became single, 2015 might be looking good....

Giada De Laurentiis Is Divorcing Her Husband After 11 Years
    ETonline By Antoinette Bueno
    2 hours ago
    
    Sad news for Food Network star Giada De Laurenttiis.

The 44-year-old chef and her husband off 11 years, fashion designer Todd Thompson, are officially calling it quits. Giada announced the news on her Facebook page on Monday.

"After an amicable separation since July, Todd and I have decided to end our marriage," she wrote. "Although our decision to separate comes with a great deal of sadness, our focus on the future and overwhelming desire for our family's happiness has given us the strength to move forward on separate, yet always connected paths.”

Giada and Todd tied the knot in May of 2003. They have one daughter together, 6-year-old Jade Marie De Laurentiis-Thompson.

"Todd and I share a beautiful daughter and a lifetime of great memories that we both treasure more than anything," she added. "We are so thankful for our friends and family, and really appreciate the support in this time of change."

Last August, ETonline caught up with the Giada at Home host during happier times at the annual Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, where she dished about her Las Vegas restaurant called GIADA.
    Last edited by Dick Punch; 12.30.14 at 09:22 AM. Reason: pic
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:06 PM
    Liked 6,982 Times in 5,015 Posts

Premium Member

... and she can cook , too !
    I've always thought she was gorgeous
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,188 Times in 8,988 Posts

Divorce just always seems so sad when there are kids involved.

Edit: unless of course one of the parents is abusive, etc. But I think everyone gets my gist.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

She's hot and she cooks amazing food. That's got to be hard to top.

I will say, though, the way she insists on pronouncing Italian food names with an Italian accent is grating.

We get it. You're of authentically Italian heritage. It's like she learned how to say these words from her old Italian grandmother and never knew they could be pronounced in an English/American accent.

I don't know, maybe mozzarella cheese gets offended when you pronounce it "motsa-rella" as opposed to "moats-o-reela."
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,357 Posts

wow, must be end of the year housecleaning

Chris Rock is getting divorced and his pre nup has "expired" so that's going be expensive

and Jeremy Renner is getting divorced after less than a year and his baby mama wants the pre nup thrown out citing "fraud". If it's "fraud" shouldn't there be an annullment? guess we'll get to the bottom of those "Jeremy Renner is gay" rumours

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 02:05 PM
    Liked 1,140 Times in 650 Posts

I was going to mention Chris Rock as well, can't believe he stayed married as long as he did considering how much he inadvertently trashed marriage (even though he said he loved being married). So far it sounds like his wife is going to be cool and just take half and go but I am sure someone will get in her ear about alimony and child support even though they are splitting custody.
    Divorce is like cancer for kids, once you've seen what it does you will never look at marriage the same. I grew up with a guy who called himself my dad telling me and my brothers constantly "never get married" and believe me, that sunk in more than anything.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Giada De Laurentis divorcing husband

I know I'll get flamed for this but...
    When people say things like "having a lifetime of memories and children that they cherish more than anything, blah, blah, blah" it comes across as very fake to me. If you cherish those things so much, why would you give up on the people you created them with? And the hoopla about "having the strength to divorce"? What takes strength is being committed to one person for life. Warts and all, good bad or indifferent. My parents celebrated 50 years in October. They weren't all fluffy & pretty but as a child seeing the commitment my parents have to each other has (in hindsight) made a tremendous impact on me as a man with a wife and kids of my own. My wife is a child of divorce. Her dad divorced her mom right before we got married so he could pursue the love of his life. Long story short he finally married her ( after another failed marriage) and is now divorcing her with love if his life #4 already in the picture. Fortunately for me, my wife got the stubborn, stay committed gene from her mom with none of the wandering eye, grass is always greener from her dad. We aren't perfect and it hasn't been all unicorns and rainbows for 23 years but at the end of the day my boys know that I love their mom and that nobody (not even them) gets ahead of her for my affection.

My $.02. YMMV

Giada can cook though.
    Last edited by Ted Van Halen; 12.30.14 at 10:28 AM.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

9. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

It's obviously case by case, but I am seeing currently in my neighborhood what divorce does to kids, and it ain't pretty.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

Divorce is horrible and against my religion, but everyone has their breaking point. If one person just isn't interested in being a good person anymore and is constantly trying to ruin your life out of spite, then I say go ahead and get divorced (although something tells me you should have seen that coming before you got married).

The ones I can never understand are the situations like Valerie and Eddie. They are still friends, they have a son they adore, and now they married someone else. Clearly it isn't that they can't get along, because they do. It also isn't because they don't believe in marriage, because they both did it again. It also isn't because one was terrible to their kid, because they are both still heavily involved. Those are the relationships that should be saved and probably could be saved with just a little effort, IMO.

I guess I'm old school when I think about the whole "till death do us part" line in wedding vows.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

I tried for 16 yrs. Wife drove me nuts and I drove her nuts. But I will say have not even come close to finding a life partner since my divorce in 02. Its bad for kids for sure the whole back and forth thing. I tell all married people with problems that are not violence or addiction related to try to work it out because it aint so green on the other side.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,239 Times in 1,357 Posts

read Valerie's book. They are definitely in a much better place apart than they were together and it took time. How long did their divorce take? 5 years? But they both managed to put Wolf first and that made all the difference. Their marriage was a big roller coaster and at the end they had been living basically separate lives for quite some time ( with her living and working in Utah and him in California). Their marriage had infidelity on both sides, drug and alcohol abuse, a basic lack of understanding for each other and Valerie admitted her bossiness and judgmental nature was not a plus. Give her ALOT of credit for honesty and self awareness in that book . Not too many people who have such a benign girl next door image would write a book and lay it all out there like that. That took some balls. The miracle is that their mutual stubbornness kept them together long enough to have a kid and celebrate 20 years.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

I think there's a rather large difference between a couple like this or a couple like Ed and Val getting divorced and "regular folks" doing the same. Kids in regular homes who's parents get divorce get screwed. It's not like their parents income doubles once they get divorced but their expenses often do as they now have to finance two households. The skyhigh divorce rate also explains why so many people are broke despite that the fact that most make more money than their parents ever did. Divorce will harm the kids of rich couples but at least they won't do without stuff at least. Regular kids of divorce on the other hand do without and get the joy of watching their parents fight over who pays for summer camp.

I don't believe in divorce once you have kids - beforehand, I don't really care. I just don't think that's something that should ever pop into one's head once you have a child. When you have a kid you (should) instantly become the 3rd most important person in your life. Far too many people don't do this. And they're too comfortable leaving a relationship as opposed to working on fixing it.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    read Valerie's book. They are definitely in a much better place apart than they were together and it took time. How long did their divorce take? 5 years? But they both managed to put Wolf first and that made all the difference. Their marriage was a big roller coaster and at the end they had been living basically separate lives for quite some time ( with her living and working in Utah and him in California). Their marriage had infidelity on both sides, drug and alcohol abuse, a basic lack of understanding for each other and Valerie admitted her bossiness and judgmental nature was not a plus. Give her ALOT of credit for honesty and self awareness in that book . Not too many people who have such a benign girl next door image would write a book and lay it all out there like that. That took some balls. The miracle is that their mutual stubbornness kept them together long enough to have a kid and celebrate 20 years.
    I realize they were both in a bad place (especially Ed), but the fact they can be happily married now and still be friends with each other just makes it look like they could still be together if they had worked out their issues before getting divorced, not after.

Again, I totally understand when some people get divorced. For example, my wife and I have a friend who was married to a man for more than 15 years and they had 3 kids together. Then the wife finds out her 45 year old husband is banging his 22 year old co-worker and it has been going on for a year. The only reason she finds out is because he gets the girl knocked up so the jig is up. He leaves the wife, gets remarried to the now 25 year old, and now our friend is left raising 3 kids and trying to get an annulment through the Church (she was turned down the first time). In that case, her husband was an ass for a few years, cheated on her, and then had no desire to have anything to do with her in the future. What's the wife to do?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Divorce is horrible and against my religion, but everyone has their breaking point. If one person just isn't interested in being a good person anymore and is constantly trying to ruin your life out of spite, then I say go ahead and get divorced (although something tells me you should have seen that coming before you got married).

The ones I can never understand are the situations like Valerie and Eddie. They are still friends, they have a son they adore, and now they married someone else. Clearly it isn't that they can't get along, because they do. It also isn't because they don't believe in marriage, because they both did it again. It also isn't because one was terrible to their kid, because they are both still heavily involved. Those are the relationships that should be saved and probably could be saved with just a little effort, IMO.

I guess I'm old school when I think about the whole "till death do us part" line in wedding vows.
    Infidelity is hard to forgive, even when done by both parties. I know I wouldn't be able to get past it. If my wife ran around, we'd be done.

Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

Marriage has been reduced to a business contract.

Never go into business with the chick you're banging...

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: