Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

Default Christmas fails

Well there was the year when my father accidentally shot the Christmas tree, (and my new robe under the tree) with a 22 rifle that my brother had gotten for Christmas ( it had a faulty safety and absolutely stunned my father who was keen on gun safety....unfortunately anyone can make a mistake...fortunately no one was injured). I had to wear that shot up robe all year after my grandmother darned the 40 or so holes from the bullet that went thru the folded up garment LOL

then there was the year where we had a last minute addition to the Christmas dinner and my mother, appalled that she had no gift to give this guest, took the advice of my aunt ( who had invited the guest) and carefully gift wrapped a carton of cigarettes procured from the gas station which was the only store open and that my aunt told her was his "brand". Needless to say, the NON SMOKER guest had a very curious look on his face upon opening his gift

then there was the year when we carefully loaded the tree up with the thousand or so family decorations that accumulated over the decades and my mother, who for some reason loved trees but hated decorating them, groused that she "wished that they would make a damn tree that would fold up with all the decorations on it" . Suddenly the tree did just that, collapsed with all the decorations on it.. or crashed is more like it.... . All the decorations fell off and what didn't break, rolled all over the living room, under the furniture, down the hall way, into the kitchen and down the stairs. After a moment of stunned silence I laughed so hard I could hardly gasp 'It's a Christmas Miracle!" Then my mother got pissed and threw a box of ornaments at my head and stomped out of the room leaving me to decorate alone (which was better)

There was the year where my sister in law was going to do her first family Christmas. She was excited and everything was laid out in the morning to begin the cooking marathon, but she got caught up at work ( and she was one of those chronically late people anyway) so my brother and I took matters into out own hands and decided to lay out a big cold cuts lunch will all kinds of fixings when we should have just laid out some appetizers...cause then she came back and started the dinner. So everyone was full of sandwiches when her dinner was finished and people just picked at their food...lunch too late and dinner too early....and lots of leftovers to package up and send home.

There was the year when the frig was so full I had to put my freshly made "Buckeye" candy out on the sun porch to cool......but the dog was out there and ate 2 cookie trays worth of candy and I had to call the vet to find out what to give him to make him throw up the chocolate.....and he threw up all Christmas morning, pretty much everywhere...turns out the trick is to give hydrogen peroxide to make them throw up, but then pepto bismal to make him stop and we didn't have any pepto

then there was the year we had to call the vet because someone spilled a "screw driver" onto the carpet and when they went to get some paper towels to clean up, the orange juice loving terrier sucked the drink right out of the carpet and got so drunk he couldn't stand up..we had to rouse him every 20 minutes until it wore off to make sure he didn't have alcohol poisoning

This years Christmas fail is the boiled eggs that wont peel (I mistakenly boiled the fresh eggs I just bought instead of the ones that were stored in the frig) and now the bedraggled deviled eggs look like they were kicked down the driveway before being arranged in their festive little plates

2. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Can't remember any fails per say, but I do remember one Christmas, my dad put up Christmas lights on the house.

Ok...what's the problem there?

Yeah, out of sheer laziness, he left them up all year instead of taking them down after Christmas.

Was so embarrassing when friends came over or I was walking home from school and they were like "Why do you still have Christmas lights up"?

He ends up taking them down before the next Christmas. No lights that year!

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

12 drunk santas fighting