Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts

Premium Member

Default 2 NYPD officers dead in ambush-style shooting

Cops' killer angry at chokehold death

NEW YORK (AP) — A gunman who announced online that he was planning to shoot two "pigs" in retaliation for the police chokehold death of Eric Garner ambushed two officers in a patrol car and shot them to death in broad daylight Saturday before running to a subway station and killing himself, authorities said.

The suspect, 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley, wrote on an Instagram account: "I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let's take 2 of theirs," officials said. He used the hashtags Shootthepolice RIPErivGardner (sic) RIPMikeBrown.

Police said he approached the passenger window of a marked police car and opened fire, striking Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu in the head. The New York Police Department officers were on special patrol doing crime reduction work in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.

"They were, quite simply, assassinated — targeted for their uniform," said Police Commissioner Bill Bratton, who looked pale and shaken at a hospital news conference.

Brinsley took off running as officers pursued him down to a nearby subway station, where he shot himself in the head. A silver handgun was recovered at the scene, Bratton said.

"This may be my final post," Brinsley wrote in the Instagram post that included an image of a silver handgun. The post had more than 200 likes.

Bratton confirmed that the suspect made very serious "anti-police" statements online but did not get into specifics of the posts. He said they were trying to figure out why Brinsley had chosen to kill the officers. Two city officials with direct knowledge of the case confirmed the posts to The Associated Press. The officials, a senior city official and a law enforcement official, were not authorized to speak publicly on the topic and spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Rev. Al Sharpton said Garner's family had no connection to the suspect and denounced the violence.

"Any use of the names of Eric Garner and Michael Brown in connection with any violence or killing of police, is reprehensible and against the pursuit of justice in both cases," Sharpton said. "We have stressed at every rally and march that anyone engaged in any violence is an enemy to the pursuit of justice for Eric Garner and Michael Brown."
    View gallery

The shootings come at a tense time; Police in New York and nationwide are being criticized for their tactics, following the July death of Garner, who was stopped on suspicion of selling loose, untaxed cigarettes. Amateur video captured an officer wrapping his arm around Garner's neck and wrestling him to the ground. Garner was heard gasping, "I can't breathe" before he lost consciousness and later died.

Demonstrators around the country have staged die-ins and other protests since a grand jury decided Dec. 3 not to indict the officer in Garner's death, a decision that closely followed a Missouri grand jury's refusal to indict a white officer in the fatal shooting of Brown, an unarmed black 18-year-old. Bratton said they were investigating whether the suspect had attended any rallies or demonstrations.

Brinsley was black; the officers were Asian and Hispanic, police said.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said the killing of the officers in the nation's largest department strikes at the heart of the city.

"Our city is in mourning. Our hearts are heavy," said de Blasio, who spoke softly with moist eyes. "It is an attack on all of us."

Scores of officers in uniform lined up three rows deep lined the hospital driveway and stretched into the street, their hands raised in a silent salute, as two ambulances bore the slain officers' bodies away. The mayor ordered flags at half-staff.

In a statement Saturday night, Attorney General Eric Holder condemned the shooting deaths as senseless and "an unspeakable act of barbarism." President Barack Obama was also briefed on the shooting, and White House officials were monitoring the situation closely, the White House said.

Early Saturday, Bratton said, Brinsley went to the home of a former girlfriend in the Baltimore area and shot and wounded her. Police there said they noticed Brinsley posting to the woman's Instagram account about a threat to New York officers. Baltimore-area officials sent a warning to New York City police, who received it around the time of the shooting, Bratton said.

Criminal records show Brinsley has a history of arrests on various charges in Georgia, including robbery, shoplifting, carrying a concealed weapon, disorderly conduct and obstruction of a law enforcement officer. Bratton said his last-known address was Georgia, but he had some ties in Brooklyn.

A block from the shooting site, a line of about eight police officers stood with a German shepherd blocking the taped-off street. Officer Ramos was married with a 13-year-old son, police said. He had been on the job since 2012. Liu had been on the job for seven years and got married two months ago, Bratton said.

"Both officers paid the ultimate sacrifice today while protecting the communities they serve," he said.

Rosie Orengo, a friend of Ramos, said he was heavily involved in their church and encouraged others in their marriages.

"He was an amazing man. He was the best father and husband and friend," she said. "Our peace is knowing that he's OK, and we'll see him in heaven."

The president of the police officers union, Patrick Lynch, and de Blasio have been locked in a public battle over treatment of officers following the grand jury's decision. Just days ago, Lynch suggested police officers sign a petition that demanded the mayor not attend their funerals should they die on the job. On Saturday, some officers turned their backs on de Blasio as he walked into the hospital. At a news conference, Lynch said there is "blood on many hands" tonight, explicitly blaming the mayor and protesters.

The last shooting death of an NYPD officer came in December 2011, when 22-year veteran Peter Figoski was shot in the face while responding to a report of a break-in at a Brooklyn apartment. The triggerman, Lamont Pride, was convicted of murder and sentenced in 2013 to 45 years to life in prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-2-nyc-c...212302732.html

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 3,126 Times in 1,832 Posts

Premium Member

Unbelievable to me that so many talking heads, activists, and even POTUS felt compelled today to condemn this killing. This is really where we are as a country? The President must condemn the killing of innocent people. For Christ's sake...

Awful, awful story. Couldn't imagine being gunned down like that, but even worse is leaving grieving family behind.

If there are people to use deadly force on, it's motherfuckers like this guy. Too bad he offed himself.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

simple rhyme
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:34 AM
    Liked 1,204 Times in 532 Posts

He was a Coward....

WHERE IS THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN? 📢📢📢📡📡📡
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED

4. The Following 7 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The hate and the killing have to stop. All lives matter.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Thank you POTUS, Eric Holder, and Al Sharpton !!!
    Bill Ayers taught these idiots this ideology and they continued to spew it up until yesterday afternoon. now, they wanna pretend like it's a tragedy to them.
    Unbelievable !!!

R.I.P. brother and sister of the NYPD !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Liked 11,796 Times in 6,538 Posts

Premium Member

I never thought I would ever see the day my city would elect a bigger piece of shit than David Dinkins for mayor.

NYPD Police Union Head Goes Off on Mayor de Blasio, Protesters Over Murdered Cops: ‘There’s Blood on Many Hands Tonight’

After the fatal, ambush-style shootings of two New York City police officers Saturday, the head of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association served up sharp words as police gathered outside the hospital where the bodies of Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu had been, the New York Tines reported.

“There’s blood on many hands tonight — those that incited violence on the street under the guise of protest that try to tear down what New York City police officers did every day,” Patrick Lynch said with a hard-as-nails tone.

Lynch added that “blood on the hands starts on the steps of city hall in the office of the mayor” for a “cold-blooded assassination like we haven’t seen before.”

While he acknowledged a time was needed to grieve, Lynch made sure everyone understood what would happen after the funerals.

“We’ll raise our heads,” Lynch said, “and those that allowed this to go on will be held accountable.”

Lynch has been feuding with de Blasio over treatment of officers since a grand jury decided to not indict a New York City officer over the chokehold death of Eric Garner. In a press conference about the grand jury non-indictment, de Blasio said he had warned his 17-year-old, mixed-race son, Dante, to be careful around police officers, the New York Post reported.

Some New York City officers have been physically attacked during violent protests over the Garner case.

Just days ago, Lynch suggested police officers sign a petition that demanded the mayor not attend their funerals should they die on the job.

On Saturday cops appeared to turn their backs on de Blasio as he made his way to a press conference about the fatal shootings of Ramos and Liu.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

These fucking protesters have got to go. They should have never been allowed to wander the streets in and out of traffic, climbing on bridges and chanting words like "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!" (they actually chanted that). Fuckin' scumbags. That is the idea of peaceful protesting?
    They're certainly not doing much to bridge the racial divide. Bunch of morons.

A police officer was shot and killed in Florida yesterday. Not many details yet--I guess the police were responding to a noise complaint. Suspect is in custody.
    Another idiot in the Bronx aimed a gun at a cop last night, pulled the trigger, but fortunately the gun was empty. http://nypost.com/2014/12/21/man-aim...ger-officials/
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

13-year-old son of slain NYPD cop Rafael Ramos mourns father: 'I will always love you and I will never forget you. RIP Dad.' 

Jaden Ramos didn't lose his father. His father was taken from him.

And now Officer Rafael Ramos, who was always there for his son, can't be there again.

"This is the worst day of my life," 13-year-old Jaden said on his Facebook page after learning that his dad was murdered Saturday, along with his partner, Wenjian Liu, by a cold-blooded killer.

Jaden's Facebook profile is laden with both heartwarming and heart-wrenching posts about his dad.

"Today I had to say bye to my father. He was their for me everyday of my life, he was the best father I could ask for. It's horrible that someone gets shot dead just for being a police officer. Everyone says they hate cops but they are the people that they call for help. I will always love you and I will never forget you. RIP Dad."

Jaden also posted a picture of himself with his arm around his dad earlier this month to celebrate his father's 40th birthday.

"Happy birthday to the best dad in the world, you are always there for me even when it's almost impossible," he wrote in the Dec. 9 post.

The message went on to say, "We have so many good times it's not even funny, I love you so much."

The officers were executed as they were stationed in a patrol car outside the Tompkins Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, around 2:45 p.m. Saturday, police said.

The shooter, 28-year-old Ismaaiyl Brinsley, walked up and unloaded a fusillade into the car before either officer had a chance to even draw their weapons, police said.

Brinsley had declared his sinister plan on Instagram just hours before.

James Keivom/New York Daily News Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu were shot and in killed while they sat in a patrol car in Bedfor-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, on Saturday.
    "I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours... Let's take 2 of theirs," Brinsley wrote on Instagram, alongside a photo of a silver handgun.

Ramos' family has been left reeling under the weight of the loss, high-ranking police sources said.

His wife was sobbing and said she "felt like a piece of her had died," the source said. She kept repeating, "Rafael, I love you," according to the source.

Ramos, who also has a son in college in Maine, was a two-year veteran with the NYPD.

His partner Liu, 32, had been on the force seven years and was recently married.

With Laura Dimon

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2052450
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Thank you POTUS, Eric Holder, and Al Sharpton !!!
    Bill Ayers taught these idiots this ideology and they continued to spew it up until yesterday afternoon. now, they wanna pretend like it's a tragedy to them.
    Unbelievable !!!

R.I.P. brother and sister of the NYPD !!!
    Reports yesterday stated it was a male and a female police officer gunned down.
    Now, I am hearing it was two male officers.
    So, let me correct myself:

R.I.P. brothers of the NYPD !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default R.I.P.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Fucking disgusting. The media coverage, the so called leaders who denounce this with a wink wink (YES YOU AL SHARPTON) Burn in hell mother fuckers.

RIP Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu and all police officers taken too soon

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:58 AM
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

I wish I could add something intelligent to this thread. I can't. Those poor men and families. Killed for going to work. Pathetic

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

RIP Brothers.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Last Online

02.24.16 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 349 Times in 206 Posts

I understand reporters like to include the human element and the son did post publicly but it would be better if they did not draw more attention to his facebook page. The idiots are going to harass the kid now. Families should be left alone while grieving.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

Not even a year in and he's reached that point.

He is divisive. Do you remember this?

http://nypost.com/2009/09/03/black-white-flier-storm/

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine/The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.16.15 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 213 Times in 135 Posts

I am sorry for the loss of all the lives that are directly and indirectly connected to this latest incident. All are casualties of larger institutional and social problems in our country.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: