Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

With all the talk of a possible Dave reunion and the big bucks it would generate I just wanted to pose the question as to what kind of business could a VH/Sammy reunion pull off? Do you think that the band could basically go back to the kind of numbers they were pulling in with Balance and FUCK basically double platinum plus or would there be a drop off in album sales and tour numbers. Wouldn't it be a little bit of a letdown if the Dave reunion doesn't transpire? If we take a look at the kind of numbers both parties have done without each other we basically see VH going barely gold in the US with VH3 and Sammy selling a little over a 100 000 units with his last album. In my heart I like to think that the band could pick things up where they left off in 1996 but I'm not sure that would be the case.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I think they'd do about the same business as they did with Balance, provided that they had a quality album. There'd probably be a slight decline in both sales and tour receipts.

Not nearly as big as with Dave, but pretty respectable none the less.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I'm not sure.

All the hoopla is (was?) around Dave coming back.

If Sammy suddenly showed up, a LOT of people would be let down. The only way the album would do well is if they stuck to a solid rock album approach and kept the ballads to a minimum, a la FUCK (except minus the just downright bad lyrics in a few songs). Anything else would probably be slammed by the critics as a "continuation of the Van Hagar formula." Then again, anything too experimental would be labeled as "nontraditional rock that should never have been labeled Van Halen."

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But where I live everyone I know who still cares about VH is counting on Dave to come back, and they probably wouldn't be pleased to see Sammy come back into the picture.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It would not create that big of a stir. It would almost be as if he never left. [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sleep.gif[/img]
    The album and tour would be just like it was when he was in the band originally.

It's Dave or the grave!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I think what MikeL and JWS said above make the most sense. Sure, the hype of a potential "Dave / VH" reunion would be deflated, but to see VH get back into the game with Sammy would be a very good 2nd alternative.

Heck, at this point, it may be the ONLY alternative! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    "Once the final BAN has been completed I will ban myself." -OLO, March 21, 2002
    "The price of the steak sandwich over there is ridiculous!!" -Glenn, March 3, 2003
    "Hang on, I'll go ask everybody and be right back." -seenbad, March 11, 2003

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The thing is, if they're going to bring Sammy in, they have to put the Dave rumors to rest. And not in some half ass fashion, they need to say, "Dave is not going to be in VH", in no uncertain terms.

And then they'll have to give the fans a bit of time to get over the last year, which (I think) is being interpreted more and more like a giant tease. Yes I know, VH has never floated Dave's name out here, but they are 100% aware of what the rumors are, and they've done nothing to stop them. That's going to hurt them if they decide to just bring Sammy out without addressing the Dave issue.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

VH with Sammy would be big! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

I don't think Van Halen has to put the Dave rumours to rest before they bring Sammy back.

Most people I talk to still think Gary Cherone is in the band. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Dave is touring solo right now. I think it's obvious he isn't with Van Halen.
    Also, the latest rumours are that he may get back with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan not VH.

[ August 26, 2001 at 06:45 PM: Message edited by: YankeeRose ]
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As someone has said on one of these message boards:

VH reunion with Dave: climactic
    VH reunion with Sam: anti-climactic

I think if they were to get back with Sam (which WON'T happen, I'll bet my house on it), no one would care except for the die-hard Van Hagar fans. 95% of those who call themselves Van Halen fans want to see Van HALEN again: Alex, Ed, Mike, or Dave. If the singer is anyone but Dave, they will become the biggest joke in the rock and roll world. But it won't happen, because Warner Bros. would not support it. It is literally Dave or the Grave at this point.

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 16,544 Times in 9,378 Posts

Lou,

You are correct.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

VH with Sammy would probably commercially do better than if Dave were back.
    There is alot of familiarity still with Sammy with the younger crowd and they could capitalize on that.
    Where Dave is kind of "unknown" to many in their late teens and early to mid 20's.

I don't think that it would be "anti-climatic" if Sammy came back because from people that I have talked to about Van Halen possibly working with Dave again most;
    A) Don't think it would last
    B) Don't think it would happen
    c) Expect Sammy to come back anyways at
    sometime.

But with Dave on board, they most likely sell alot more tickets and possibly albums.

What I meant by commercially, is that they would have more hit songs from a record than they would with Dave.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Dave people, we've been down this road way too much.
    Expect the unexpected.

[img]smilies/devil.gif[/img]
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Certainly a reunion with Sammy would not be near as big as a reunion with Dave would be.

I still dont think Sammy is coming back.

I still think Dave is going to be the next singer for the band. If the band still exists....which at this point is a mystery.

The band (Ed, Al, & Mike) have done nothing to dispel the Dave rumours. There would be a big let down amongst the Van Halen faithful if Dave does not come back.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think they'd be better off doing a tour and bringin up some of the best vocalists of all time having Ed do his versions of the singer's most popular songs...That would be cool....For example:

Ozzy Osbourne and Ed doing Crazy Train

David Coverdale and Ed doing Still of The Night

Robert Plant and Ed doing All of My Love (Ed plays the keyboard solo on guitar)

Ronnie Jame Dio and Ed doing Gypsy

Steve Perry and Ed doing Stone In Love

Mick Jagger and Ed doing Slave from Tattoo You

Axl Rose and Ed doing Paradise City

Meatloaf and Ed doing Paradise by the Dashboard lite.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah Sammy might rejoin Van Halen! And Monkeys might Fly out my butt! Geez when are you people gonna get it? There aint gonna be no reunion with Sammy or Dave, or even Gary Cherone! Its over Fini, the end, Kaput! HA Jaymonster you make me laugh with your lineup! We could name the tour"Eddie and the old Farts Tour"!!! Join VH anonymous its a twelve step program! Step 1: Admitting there is no reunion!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lilred:
    Yeah Sammy might rejoin Van Halen! And Monkeys might Fly out my butt! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got to ask...are those monkeys already in your ass, or are you going to wait until VH announces Sammy's return? If they're already there, why? If not, then why would a Sammy reunion inspire you to start packing them in? Either way, you're gonna have a LOT of explaining to do, to PETA and the SPCA, not to mention the proctologist.

At this point, ANYTHING is possible, so monkey-to-colon contact can't be ruled out for you.

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Should said announcement be heard, the monkeys are packed and ready to fly..LMAO..hee hee hee