Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is from BraveWorlds.com
    I found the link at Tribe of Judah's official site.
    It is very positive. For those that did not get what I said in other threads about TOJ, Mike Mangini (by the way, very cool, approachable, and funny) is skeptical about the future of TOJ, and won't be playing with them much longer (which we all knew). He says that basically the world is treating Gary like crap after then 'Van Halen thing'. I couldn't tell after that what he said. I thought he said that 'and that's shit now, you know?'. My friend swears he heard 'and they're shit now, you know?'. That doesn't matter, the important thing is, he thanked me for the record praise, doesn't know if they will ever have a full length tour, and said that he doesn't know what Gary 'is gonna do'.

Here's the review:

The main reason for our Peavey visit, however, was to see Gary Cherone's TRIBE OF JUDAH. Ironically, the former EXTREME/Van Halen front man was scheduled to perform in the same booth/fishbowl where Eddie publicly self-destructed 24 hours beforehand. The verdict? While many blamed Cherone for the demise of the mighty VH, a stunning live performance featuring tunes from the Tribe's debut album Exit Elvis - plus a surprise inclusion of Extreme's 'There Is No God' - presented a strong case that such criticism was misplaced. Like Ripper, Cherone was simply the wrong person in the wrong place at the right time - but at least Priest seems to be swallowing their pride these days and extending an olive branch to the vocalist fans truly want to see, a test Eddie failed several years ago.

Here is the entire NAMM review (I'll highlight all the VH stuff):

NAMM 2003 Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy
    by Clay Marshall

NAMM - the International Music Products Association (i.e., the artist formerly known as the National Association of Music Merchants) - is a convention like no other. Endorsees come to hawk their signature gear; would-be endorsees come to try to schmooze their way into an endorsement deal; gear-heads come to gawk at the latest musical toys; and groupies come to gawk at the rock stars that play them.

The four-day event, held each January in Anaheim, Calif., is much like a European summer festival: you can't see everything, so you've got to pace yourself and pick your spots or else you'll collapse halfway through. And although BW&BK skipped day one, by the end of the weekend it was easy to remember why NAMM is the most exhausting four-day stretch of the year.

Friday, January 17

We started at the Kurzweil booth, where DREAM THEATER keyboardist Jordan Rudess demonstrated the capabilities of his favourite line of keyboards. It was admittedly surreal to watch a live prog infomercial, but Rudess proved immensely likable, while his live demo offered the increasingly rare chance to watch him work at close range. To that end, forget Tobey Maguire; Rudess is a prog-rock Spider-Man, at least considering the speed and dexterity with which his fingers moved. The most amusing moment came when he described the shock of his DT predecessor upon discovering that just one Kurzweil could replicate the sounds of the seven - yes, seven - keyboards he was using onstage at the time.

From there, we surveyed the scene and decided to scrap the usual game-plan of making the rounds and grabbing quotes from everyone who was anyone, at least for the time being. Some things in life are more important than scoring a big scoop, and taking your picture with Paul Stanley - clad in full KISS makeup - is one such thing. After waiting for the better part of two hours, we finally made it to the front of the line. But before we said "cheese," we couldn't resist asking Paul for a morsel of news about the upcoming performance "with orchestra" down under.

BW&BK: Any scoops on songs you're working on for Australia?

PS: (pauses) Who'm I talking to?

BW&BK: (smiles for the camera) Me!

PS: (suspicious) Nice to talk to you.

BW&BK: Gimme one - one song you're working on.

PS: (growing annoyed) A new one - called 'Detroit Rock City'.

Oh, well; at least we tried. (Unfortunately, we didn't find out about their newly announced Las Vegas date inside a 1,500-capacity club until after the weekend was over.) But we didn't leave empty-handed, for in addition to our personal pic with Paul, we also grabbed one of TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA guitarist Alex Skolnick (ex-SAVATAGE/TESTAMENT) posing with the Starchild, the rock star that even rock stars want to meet.

We followed Skolnick over to booth of violinist Mark Wood, who sells a unique line of violins fretted like guitars. For three years now, Skolnick has performed with Wood during the "TSO East" tour; with a little help from their bassist bandmate, Dave Z; the carpetbaggers conquered the west with engaging daily performances. (Skolnick also performed a fusion-themed set with another violinist, Joe Deninzon, on Thursday the 16th; highlights included a Frank Zappa cover and a rendition of 'The Simpsons' theme.).

Next, we bumped into SLAYER guitarist Kerry King at the B.C. Rich booth on our way out to dinner with SEVEN WITCHES' Jack Frost and Joey Vera, understandably enthused about their new record Passage To The Other Side. We then hit the Hilton bar - NAMM's eternal ground zero - before making our selection from the evening's concert offerings. A Tribute to ELTON JOHN? (Even Dwell Records wouldn't touch that.). A Paul Reed Smith party featuring CREED, SANTANA and COLLECTIVE SOUL? (Sorry - left the Vivarin at home.). A Shure microphone bash with CHEAP TRICK? (Tempting, especially considering the open bar factor, but they play live all the time. NAMM comes only once a year.). A Sabian-sponsored bill featuring VANILLA FUDGE, EARTH WIND & FIRE and SHAPE 68, the new "power-pop" project of DEEP PURPLE legend Glenn Hughes and COSMOSQUAD guitarist Jeff Kollman? (Would've been nice to see Hughes with Kollman, but eating our first meal of the day seemed more important.).

In the end, we opted to see the reunited LIVING COLOUR, whose first release for Sanctuary Records should emerge sometime this year. Inside a ballroom of the Anaheim Hilton hotel, the pioneering funk-metal quartet - whose dreadlocked guitarist, Vernon Reid, still solos as if his life depends on it - performed seven tracks, including 'Ignorance Is Bliss', 'Wall' and 'Middle Man'. Fittingly, the power suddenly went out during their final song, 'Time's Up', at last signaling the end of NAMM's most tiring day.

Saturday, January 18

After sleeping a tad later than expected, we learned from yesterday's mistakes and decided to grab a bite to eat before returning to the Convention Center. Proving just how many musicians per square foot there truly were in Anaheim for the weekend, we ran into both the aforementioned Dave Z and drummer extraordinaire Gregg Bissonnette (JUGHEAD/ex-JOE SATRIANI) at a Subway sandwich shop.

Upon entering the gigantic exhibition area, we stopped at the Peavey booth, which was surrounded by a gigantic crowd anxiously awaiting Eddie Van Halen's first public appearance in years. In 2001, Eddie greeted NAMM attendees with a cryptic videotaped greeting. If only we could have been so lucky this year. Apparently taking a cue from the Axl Rose school of fan treatment, Van Halen kept everyone waiting for more than an hour. (We passed the time by chatting with MEGADETH bassist Dave Ellefson and SOULFLY front man Max Cavalera.).

When Van Halen finally emerged, it wasn't pretty. Looking like a bum straight off the streets (right down to the fingerless gloves), the guitarist was a shell of his former self. More importantly, by all appearances, he was hammered out of his mind. After greeting an invitation-only crowd inside a fishbowl-like booth - as if to taunt the fans who'd genuinely hoped to meet their hero - Van Halen left without signing a single autograph, posing for a single photo or shaking a single hand.

Noticing security's planned escape route, we craftily planted ourselves in the line of fire and waited for Eddie to walk right by us. It was the first time we'd ever done an interview on the run, and we only managed one question before he retreated to a guarded restroom.

BW&BK: So, this was your first public appearance in years. When's your next one?

EVH: Uhhhhh…

Trying to recover from the shock of seeing a fallen star, we said hi to bass god Billy Sheehan before hitting Ernie Ball's always entertaining booth, which this year featured a football theme. There, we encountered John Petrucci (Dream Theater) and STEVE VAI, two classy guitarists who had no qualms greeting eager fans. Petrucci's arm was in a sling as a result of a recent skiing accident. "It's a six- to eight-week recovery, but I can still play guitar, so it's not a problem," he said. "I just can't throw a football."

We then ran into DIESEL MACHINE/ex-HALFORD guitarist Pat Lachman, who was watching PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell greet fans at the Washburn Guitars booth. It was there that we learned about NEW FOUND POWER, the new supergroup featuring Darrell, Lachman, Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul and bassist Shawn Matthews (JERRY CANTRELL). Lachman, though enthused, yielded to Darrell when the recorder came out, although he did reveal that he'll serve as the band's vocalist. While Dimebag spoke, it became quite clear that he was sick of waiting around while Phil Anselmo has all the fun; in fact, the guitarist headed straight to the airport from NAMM in order to resume work on the project, stopping only to greet George Lynch (ex-DOKKEN) on the way out.

After seeing Mike Keneally (BEER FOR DOLPHINS/ex-Vai) perform at the Taylor Guitars booth, NAMM Saturday ended with a stop at the Ibanez/Tama booth, where TESLA drummer TROY LUCCKETTA and JUDAS PRIEST/RACER X drummer Scott Travis greeted fans. Much to our surprise, Travis went on the record saying what we've been dying to hear: With all due respects to Ripper, it's time to give the withering Priest a much-needed resurrection.

Unfortunately, Saturday night offered slim pickings for concerts this year; we settled on a Zildjian/Dean Markley/Schecter party co-sponsored by Guitar World and Revolver magazines and rumored to feature free-flowing Jagermeister (another sponsor). Sadly, we discovered we'd been duped, and we were forced to suffer through the evening's so-called entertainment - a performance by the god-awful Alien Ant Farm - dead sober. Note to guitar magazines: When sponsoring a concert, double-check to make sure the featured band includes a guitarist who can actually play a damn solo.

Deciding to check back in at the Hilton bar - if only to drink away the memory of a terrible concert - we ran into LIZZY BORDEN, Brian Tichy (BALL), Eric Singer (Kiss/ex-Kiss, depending on the month), GARY HOEY and Derek Sherinian (PLANET X). Knowing there was still one day to go before NAMM was over, we quit while we were ahead and retreated for some much needed rest.

Sunday, January 19

The primary problem with covering NAMM is that a great deal of activity takes place within a relatively confined area, so you only get to see about 5% of everything on display - unless you come on Sunday. As many attendees have already boarded flights home, the convention center is much easier to navigate during the convention's final day - but more importantly, artist appearances all but cease, so you actually have time to walk around.

We finally made it upstairs to gawk at the latest Gibsons, Fenders and Jacksons - and also to discover Kip Winger somewhat creepily lurking in a corner. We also finally made it downstairs, where more creative and inventive products were on display. One booth featured a three-neck concept guitar with necks of 12, 7 and 6 strings, respectively; another offered custom-designed covers for in-ear monitors/earplugs, giving performers who smartly protect their hearing the option of not looking like Frankenstein onstage.

Back on the main level, Jordan Rudess talked shop with Ray Charles - yes, that Ray Charles - before we returned to Peavey to follow up with the cordial and forthcoming Ellefson. (For the record, he said he doesn't speak with Dave Mustaine very often, and that any prospects for a complete recovery/return are "anybody's guess.") We also bumped into bass guru Stu Hamm, who shocked us by dishing some dirt about Joe Satriani, with whom he famously performed for 16 years. "I'll never talk to him again," Hamm said, alluding to a bitter falling-out between the two that he said he never saw coming. Looks like Satch has some explaining to do; as for Hamm, look for a "B3" tour this summer, possibly with Sheehan and Michael Manring.

The main reason for our Peavey visit, however, was to see Gary Cherone's TRIBE OF JUDAH. Ironically, the former EXTREME/Van Halen front man was scheduled to perform in the same booth/fishbowl where Eddie publicly self-destructed 24 hours beforehand. The verdict? While many blamed Cherone for the demise of the mighty VH, a stunning live performance featuring tunes from the Tribe's debut album Exit Elvis - plus a surprise inclusion of Extreme's 'There Is No God' - presented a strong case that such criticism was misplaced. Like Ripper, Cherone was simply the wrong person in the wrong place at the right time - but at least Priest seems to be swallowing their pride these days and extending an olive branch to the vocalist fans truly want to see, a test Eddie failed several years ago.
    After catching a standout performance of TSO's 'Mozart', we called it a wrap. Until next year…

I don't know how good this website is, so take some of it for what it is worth. But again, this did come from a link at TOJ's website.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Funny how one incident can overshadow 25 years of good times! lol.. This is definitely a "your only as good as your last hit" type of scenario.
    This shit has popped up all over the net.
    Funny how tales of Ed's many cool public appearances, like last year's cool appearance at the LAPD Golf Tournament, went completely unnoticed by the press, media and internet sites. No one mentioned how Eddie was cool and signed auto's and took pics with the public then.
    Wanna know why?
    It wasnt negative. It aint good tabloid fodder. It's that simple.
    Had EVH shown up and been cool as usual this shit wouldnt have been reported. But when the shit hits the fans boy does it!!
    I continue to laugh as they attempt to portray him as a "bum" cuz of the gloves. It is just too damn funny considering he has worn those glvoes for years now... Unreal.
    Add to that how they then refer to Vai & Petrucci as "classy guitarists", a clear cheap shot at Eddie. Yea, Ed's not a class act. This one sad event will overshadow all the good he has ever done..lol.. Whatever
    Maybe Eddie should be more like Scott Weiland and just stick to shooting heroin, continually going in and out of rehab while spewing the same "I feel great, I am totally clean, takin' it one day at a time" schtick(only to fall off again, and again, and again)domestic violence and cancelling so many shows that Scott makes Axl Rose look like a beacon of punctuality!
    Which is another thing that ticks me off about this- How they mention Eddie as being like Axl. Eddie is nothing like Axl. I love Axl but VH delivers man. They never went around cancelling shows, playing shitty sloppy shows or ending shows early due to ego trips like Guns was prone to doing. Nothin' like that ever.
    Plus notice how the dudes who wrote this report openly claim they where lookin for FREE JAGERMEISTER on Saturday night at NAMM. Which doesnt shock me at all. Ed is not the first musician to get hammered(supposedly hammered) at, before or after NAMM. It is par for the course. I aint saying its right or wrong, but its just par for the course. NAMM is a big party for these dudes.
    God this is such shit. Oh well, let it ride...

[ January 28, 2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Badabing ]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the great read Lovemachine [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ January 28, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: DLR + EVH = VH ]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I\'m the one
    Last Online

09.13.08 @ 09:43 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Marvellous post, Keyzer!!!! I had to register to say this [img]smile.gif[/img] Couldn't agree more!
    Suomi Finland Perkele!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Came across an article similar to this at Metal Sludge so I hustled on over to say my peace.

No one is able to verify if Edward had agreed to the hour and a half of scheduled autograph time or if Peavey Inc. 'assumed' that if Edward attended this year it meant he'd do a 'sit down' and give autograph's.

That tends to be what Edward does at public appearances from what I have seen so it isn't doubtful Peavey Inc. assumed it would be 'business as usual' when Edward arrived. Or their could be another issue at hand. I shall discuss further down.

Sober tipsy or bombed Edward is always functional at his scheduled apearances, just as in performing his music.
    Edward did not leave Namm because he was drunk. Edward left because he was only there to play some guitar and to elaborate or 'clue in' the public to his new products that are about to debut.

Suggestions have been thrown around these boards Edward was trying to 'strong arm' Peavey Inc. into some type of 'renegotiations' by using the fans and getting them 'riled up'. Nonsense.
    He is Edward Van Halen and doesn't need to resort to such tactics. Fans get 'riled up' enough without his help or encouragement.

Peavey Inc. is lucky to have landed Edward. He did them a favor by signing with them. Edward put them on the map and he has carte blance' at that company. Take that to the bank.

No one suggests Peavey Inc. tried to 'strong arm' Edward into appearing at Namm this year?
    Given Edward's recent problems and his desire for privacy it's no doubt Peavey Inc. wants their 'main man' to show his face more often. Maybe Peavey Inc. even tried to 'strong arm' Edward into an autograph session with the public?

How bizzare to think a big corporation like Peavey Inc. would pressure their 'ace' artist, their 'biggest investment' and 'money maker', into doing something.
    Big corporations don't mess with or pressure their own artists no?

It wasn't business as usual this year. Seems Edward showed up strictly on 'business terms'. There are accounts from people who say upon his arrival Edward again informed the parties at Peavey Inc. he would not be doing a 'sit down' this year.

Peavey Inc. stuck their foot in their mouth and Edward ended up looking like an asshole.
    All who waited in line have a right to be angry and upset. Question is - at who?
    Edward? Peavey? Both? My money is on Peavey Inc.

At this point is where the groaning should end, right here, right now.
    Talking about Edward's taste in clothes is bush league. Makes you wonder how many true VH fans where present when Edward shows up and they don't recognize this has been his wardrobe of choice for decades?

The one-sidedness of these reports is what leaves me awed and upset. The parties involved paint the picture they want you to see. Look no further than the report above me here that starts with Edward being painted as a 'bum'.

Not only the clothing commentary but the tape.
    Edward's taped message back at Namm 2001 is brought up but they conveniently leave out Edward sent a taped message back in 2001 due to the fact he was in the middle of a bout with cancer.
    Despite this traumatic period of time Edward still had enough prescence of mind to make a tape for Peavey Inc. and his fans.

The incorrect assumption this was Edward's first public appearance in years. Edward has done a few more things in public than this one event.
    If he hasn't been as active in the 'public eye' as people think he should that doesn't mean Edward is just sitting around. He couldn't if he tried.

Edward and Alex Van Halen have been making music together since they were hitting puberty.
    And have not stopped since. Three straight decades of nonstop music making. That is all they do, 24/7, 365 days a year, is make music.

Excuse Edward very much if he happens to take a few years off. Rather I should say Edward was 'forced' to take a few years off to get his health and mind back. Remember the break was forced on him because of his health. It was not his doing. Edward didn't ask for any of the health issues he has.

Even in full health, after 30 years of making and performing music for a living at the highest level, Edward is more than entitled to take a break or slow down for a minute if he so chooses.
    Edward is almost 50. A rock star who is 50 going on 150 the way he has lived.
    When health issues come into play, including life threatening ones, it is mandatory to take a break.

Groan on about Edward not autographing.
    Or maybe you should groan on about being 'told' Edward was going to when he had never told anyone at Peavey Inc. he would. Everything else is not for anyone to sermonize about.

I must say in closing this is an impressive site and I don't feel the need to exterminate anyone. For now anyways.

Kobayashi, start the car.

[ January 29, 2003, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Keyzer_Soze ]
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he doesn't exist."

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

littleguitars
    Last Online

12.23.05 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Hey Keyzer and Badabing again two brilliant posts, not like that fucking bird that started the thred..Lets just say the Ed possibley monitors these boards,do you blame him for taking his time??With all thats going on in his life, he reads shit from the assholes on these boards, and he is suppose to say.."Damn, I got the best fans in the world!!"Don't listen to these negative dicks Ed, there No-minds..
    "So what's your story? Any tread left on the tires? Or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?" Stewie Griffin

Detroit Red Wings

GP 34 Record: 22-9-3

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And just like that.............

[ January 29, 2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Keyzer_Soze ]
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the world he doesn't exist."

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, it was worth reading all of that just to see one of the finest musicians I know mentioned, even if briefly. Mr. Mike Keneally!!! The man is simply amazing at the craft of songwriting.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Verbal Kint,

I wouldn't be so quick to give Ed praise for making a videotaped message for NAMM 2001 -- it's likely that his contract with Peavey requires him to make an appearance at NAMM, and that under the circumstances Peavey let him do a videotape instead. One could even say (though it would be pure speculation) that the fact that Ed was able to make a videotape at the time says something about the seriousness of his illness; I never know what to believe when it comes to the cancer thing since there are so many different takes on it. But anyway, it doesn't seem to me that Ed did the 2001 videotape as a courtesy to his fans or to anyone else; it was simply a business item.

Also, Peavey shouldn't be happy to simply have Ed in their corner if (IF) their deal requires him to do more. They undoubtedly paid major money for his endorsement, and it seems like he's required to make appearances and sign (and be coherent while doing so). If this is correct, the exact amount Peavey agreed to pay was surely premised on Ed having a public presence to market the product (I know this offends the sensibilities of those who claim he's a misunderstood artistic genius -- maybe he is, but then don't sign the fucking contract). It seems reasonable to assume that he's required to make NAMM appearances at a minimum. If Ed is quiet, shy, uncomfortable in public, or otherwise not too interested in meeting and greeting -- which it's his absolute right to be -- this could have been negotiated with Peavey in the beginning: e.g., put my name on the guitar, with no public appearance requirement, and pay me a bit less than you would if I was required to make public appearances. Alternatively, he could have turned down the endorsement.

If Ed didn't agree to "meet and greet" and wasn't required to under his deal with Peavey, that's one thing. But if the contract does require him to be out and about and mix and mingle in return for large checks, then on balance what he did was a little fucked up. No one made him sign a contract with terms he didn't like.

The thing I still don't get is why he told people to stick around. Guess he changed his mind. Which is his right. But I think if you do that, it's reasonable for the people you told to wait to complain about it later. That's life, even for rock stars.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by Badabing:

Maybe Eddie should be more like Scott Weiland and just stick to shooting heroin, continually going in and out of rehab while spewing the same "I feel great, I am totally clean, takin' it one day at a time" schtick(only to fall off again, and again, and again).....
    Replace heroin with booze and wouldn't that be Ed's M.O. since 1988?
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by willyum:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Badabing:

Maybe Eddie should be more like Scott Weiland and just stick to shooting heroin, continually going in and out of rehab while spewing the same "I feel great, I am totally clean, takin' it one day at a time" schtick(only to fall off again, and again, and again).....
    Replace heroin with booze and wouldn't that be Ed's M.O. since 1988? </font>[/QUOTE]Not at all. I recall Eddie apeaking about about trying to get sober around the Balance Tour(1995) and VH3 tour(1998). That is it.
    And if my memory serves me correct, he never fully stopped drinking. He claimed to still have the occasional glass of wine at dinner.
    Anyone who is trying to get clean knows this is a no-no. So Eddie never fully stopped.
    1998 was the last time I heard him address the issue. It has been 5 long years and a lot of mileage since then.

Scott is a totally different situation and he should never be mentioned as a 'role model' for Eddie.
    Scott got kicked out of his own band for his irresponsible beehavior. He hurt STP's career tremendously. STP where suppose to open for Kiss back in 1996 on the big Kiss Reunion Tour!
    They had to give up their slot because Scott fucked up(again).
    If I had a dollar for everytime poor Dean DeLeo mentions what a nightmare that was! Dean always recalls how he could have lived a childhood dream and opened for Kiss, but had to walk out on that tour cuz his bandmate couldnt get it together.

VH never had this problem. They always showed up to perform and played their ass off nite after nite. Plus they delivered 12 consecutive multi-platinum albums.
    Eddie never got kicked out of VH, never cost them or hurt them career wise. And Eddie never ended up in jail like Scott did. Scott makes Motley Crue look respinsible!

As I said in another post, an STP fan should never be here lecturing us on how VH needs to treat their fans. For a while I thought STP stood for "SKIP THE PERFORMANCE" due to the fact Scott Weiland has probably cancelled more concerts than he has actually played!!
    I dont need to be told how great that dude is with fans and how much he cares for the fans when he pisses on them by selfishly indulging in his habits while repeatedly cancelling show after show and leaving THOUSANDS of fans hanging.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

06.22.15 @ 03:18 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Go back and read Rolling Stone from Summer of '88 on the Monsters tour all about his new found sobriety and how he hoped kids would learn from his sobriety.

1995 wasn't his first claim of seeing the light.
    not another dime from me, fellas...

tinzen

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lovemachine97...you are still pissed off because you did not get your little autograph from Ed?! Get over it. Ed doesn't owe you a damn thing.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Scott is a totally different situation and he should never be mentioned as a 'role model' for Eddie.
    Scott got kicked out of his own band for his irresponsible beehavior.
    Scott was never kicked out. See, if Scott had been kicked out, then the album that was made under the band name 'Talk Show', would have been made under the name of STP, with Dave Coutts of 'Ten Inch Men' as the new singer of STP. Interestingly, instead of being incredibly stubborn and stupid, the members of STP did what they needed to do, i.e. Scott make a solo record, the other three do Talk Show, and then reconvened. They are still in a band together, and still are like 'brothers'--they may fight, but they love each other. The guys in VH could take a clue from that.

He hurt STP's career tremendously. STP where suppose to open for Kiss back in 1996 on the big Kiss Reunion Tour!
    They had to give up their slot because Scott fucked up(again).
    NO argument there. If it were not for Scott's drug problem, STP would probably be reigning as one of the kings of hard rock. Instead they struggle to go Gold. That tale sounds familiar....

If I had a dollar for everytime poor Dean DeLeo mentions what a nightmare that was! Dean always recalls how he could have lived a childhood dream and opened for Kiss, but had to walk out on that tour cuz his bandmate couldnt get it together.
    True again, but at least STP is still putting out records.

Eddie never got kicked out of VH, never cost them or hurt them career wise. And Eddie never ended up in jail like Scott did. Scott makes Motley Crue look respinsible!
    It would be interesting for Van Halen to get kicked out of Van Halen. This would only compare if STP was called 'Weiland', and Scott got kicked out. But then again--Scott was never kicked out. In fact, the Talk Show side project started during the recording of 'Tiny Music...'.

Also, it's interesting how some people are media darlings and otehrs aren't. Do you think Eddie never did anything SHOULD have put him in jail? Eddie never got caught. Weiland did. The same could be said for any rock star. Maybe they didn't want to catch Eddie. Besides, Weiland's 'reputation' has always bothered me.'Bottom line, this is what is wrong with the media's influence on public perception--Kurt Cobain is considered a God by the music media. But in reality, he is a cowardly addict who left his wife and daughter fatherless by committing suicide because he was too weak to beat his addiction. Besides, Nirvana was not the first grunge band to 'make it', and they sure as hell didn't originate that music style. Scott Weiland proved himself to be more than just a 'grunge singer' with Purple, Tiny Music, 12 Bar Blues,, NO. 4, and Shangri-la Dee Da. AND he has beaten his addiction--he will have been sober in July 2003 for 4 years. But somehow Scott is a pansy and Kurt is God. go figure.

As I said in another post, an STP fan should never be here lecturing us on how VH needs to treat their fans. For a while I thought STP stood for "SKIP THE PERFORMANCE" due to the fact Scott Weiland has probably cancelled more concerts than he has actually played!!
    Yes, Scott caused a lot of shows to be cancelled. But guess what? He beat his demons coming up on four years--and in his early 30's in less time than Edward (Scott Weiland went to rehab his first time at 16--so he started young just as Edward did). But Dean and Robert DeLeo are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet--and I;ve met them multiple times. They stay after at every show to meet fans. Scott (he was clean and sober when I met him) was a joy to converse with, and didn't even try to end our conversation. His tour manager did to get the line moving. Eric Kretz is a joy as well. Scott doesn't do many meet and greets anymore. As many famous people will tell you--people will always slip you free drugs. They keep Scott away from that. Good. At least he has a good reason for doing meet and greets--and it is to protect himself and his health.

[/quote]I dont need to be told how great that dude is with fans and how much he cares for the fans when he pisses on them by selfishly indulging in his habits while repeatedly cancelling show after show and leaving THOUSANDS of fans hanging. [/QUOTE]

That just makes me laugh. It is amazing how some things are ok when one artist does it, and not ok when another does the same thing.

BTW, about Weiland's 'spousal abuse'. The case was dropped. Scott tore some knee ligaments and could barely walk during most of the 2001 Family Values Tour. But this man who is supposedly to bad to his fans actually put on a brace and took painkillers to play each and every night. When they got to the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas for two year end shows (I attended the second, front row), Scott needed a refill, his knee was killing him. His wife was concerned that he shouldn't be taking painkillers as a recovering addict, but he wanted them. They got in an argument and she sat in front of the hotel room door so he couldn't get out. he picked her up by her arms (which got bruised by that) and put her down away from the door, inadvertantly hitting her head on the wall. She called the cops and they stopped him before he could leave the hotel. That was the extent of it.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't follow STP, but I highly doubt that Weiland strapped on a brace and took painkillers so as not to disappoint the fans. More likely is that he went the extra mile in order to make some more money. And there's nothing wrong with that -- most of us would do the same if the money was right.