Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

01.07.16 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 66 Times in 29 Posts

Default NGD! all original green EVH

just reposting from my other forums
    So, get up at 3am to do a little shopping with my buddy Dan. Figure we got time to burn and fedex doesn't usually come until after 3pm in my area. Check my tracking number at 7:30am and it just showed as out for delivery, ok we got time. We finish everything, go out for breakfeast and I get home at 9...and guess what is already waiting for me! Didn't have to spend the day creeping through the blinds or anything lol.

I've been through many EBMM's these last couple years and even had my falling out over a certain green axis tribute( BP,you know what Im talking bout) Evh's, axis,wolf gangs have all come and gone and I've always had the thought of a green EVH in my mind. Unfortunately with my personality,and we've come to find it may have to do with a psychological disorder, something as simple as a hairline crack in the neck pocket,finish flaw, color or some other ridiculous thing that other people may overlook has caused me to buy/sell/trade to no end...until now.

Due to that mind set I have, I've basically "put the pussy on a pedestal" if you will concerning a green EVH. As crazy as it sounds, wanting one may have actually caused my constant flipping problem. This has already gone longer than most will read so I guess I'll get to the guitar

I believe its in better shape than Richard described her on eBay(probably downplaying a bit for the picky eBay crowd) Sounds and plays fantastic. I've searched up and down the web looking at every all original green evh there is to compare the color and this one has absolutely no fade to it whatsoever. Its a very rich emerald green and I couldn't get the color to capture as it is in person. This one is more of the "marble" type of top instead of quilt. Could've been a plain top for all I care, Biggest part for me is its all original. I don't care how much its worth or how much it cost me, this will be my main player at this point, sorry EVH collectors lol. At this point in time, this one is coming with me to the end so it doesn't matter if it acquires more play wear.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Awesome. That is one sweet looking EVH. Congrats!
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 6,982 Times in 5,015 Posts

Premium Member

That's a fantastic looking axe !!!
    The EBMM guitars are by far my favorite looking ones that Eddie has ever been involved with . Yours looks amazing , and I love the green quilt . Congrats and kudos to you , you lucky bastard Haha .

Just a question though ... is it just me , or does it look like it's been refretted with larger ones than the original small wire ? In fact - I wish that all of Ed later guitars (EBMM , Peavey , EVH/Fender) came with large or jumbo frets . Either way , she's a beauty . Cheers !
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 379 Times in 225 Posts

I have a similar obsession. I've got an Axis. It's my favorite guitar. I've got two Peavey Wolfgang Archtop guitars. Had three. Sold one. And I've got a EVH USA Wolfgang Stealth. Instead of enjoying them I want the EBMM EVH. I know the Axis is close. But it ain't the same!

Congrats on your awesome guitar! I know how rare the green ones are.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by vhMcG View Post
    That's a fantastic looking axe !!!
    The EBMM guitars are by far my favorite looking ones that Eddie has ever been involved with . Yours looks amazing , and I love the green quilt . Congrats and kudos to you , you lucky bastard Haha .

Just a question though ... is it just me , or does it look like it's been refretted with larger ones than the original small wire ? In fact - I wish that all of Ed later guitars (EBMM , Peavey , EVH/Fender) came with large or jumbo frets . Either way , she's a beauty . Cheers !
    Just a trick of the eye I guess, This baby is all original. Just as a precaution I a/b'd against all the pics of my previous EBMM EVH's, have had quite a few through these hands. Plus you can just tell with it in your hands she's still a virgin and frets have not been removed. The newer fender ones are way too small

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:32 AM
    Liked 10,898 Times in 5,738 Posts

Premium Member

Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years since EVH ended his association with EBMM.

I have a blue quilt top that I got in 1994 and it's been my main guitar ever since. Nothing else I have ever played even comes close to it. Like the OP mentioned I don;t care what it is worth because it ain't going anywhere. It's already spoken for by my son once I die. I think I paid like $1899 or something for it when I bought it and it has been worth every penny. It certainly has it's share of wear, but it still looks nice and as I've mentioned, it's for playing, not investment.

Congrats to the OP, looks like a fantastic axe!
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:50 AM
    Liked 1,608 Times in 744 Posts

Premium Member

Congrats on the Ernie. I LOVE the color. I have a Cherryburst one but I wish I got the green or blue one.

The quilt looks incredible too. These are amazing guitars and they sound like mofo's.

Mine's coming with me when I go too.

It's my baby and no ones but me plays it. Not even Eddie will be touching it if he ever decides to pop over.... He can play one of my PV's or EVH's
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 6,982 Times in 5,015 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    Just a trick of the eye I guess, This baby is all original. Just as a precaution I a/b'd against all the pics of my previous EBMM EVH's, have had quite a few through these hands. Plus you can just tell with it in your hands she's still a virgin and frets have not been removed. The newer fender ones are way too small
    Thanks for the reply . I think it's great that you finally got your green guitar in original condition . I'm envious ... Cheers
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

A few more outdoor glamour shots

11. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

That really looks stunning. Congratulations! A green EVH is one of my dream guitars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Aint Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:18 PM
    Liked 461 Times in 200 Posts

nice axe bro. That emerald green is amazing... I love my amber and trans blue quilt EBMM EVHs but that green is to die for man. Glad you got it, thats a keeper for sure.

nice score and thanks for sharing the pics,

Rob

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

I would be buried with that one. Favorite guitar ever right there. I love my Puple flame EBMM. I would only trade it for a purple quilt or green quilt.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

The green EVH is KILLER! congrats! Here's my trans-black. One of the reasons I love this guitar is that the black has faded slightly to a greenish hue. Check it out. . .

www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 18,172 Times in 8,981 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanone View Post
    Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the bottom half of this picture in color, and the top half in black and white?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default NGD! all original green EVH

I think it's done with filters. Only colors are greens.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford