Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

Default What the hell, Bill Cosby

I remember there being some mini scandals over a decade ago involving Cosby's infidelity and another where a young woman claiming to be his illegitimate daughter and was charged with extorting him, but this is getting crazy

Now old and new charges about him drugging and sexually abusing several women are rearing their head again after a black comedian called him on the carpet for judging other black americans for their lifestyle when Cosby was a "serial rapist"
    Howard Stern was talking about it and brought up an old comedy routine about "Spanish Fly"

now NBC has cancelled a development deal for a new family sitcom, Netflix has pulled his new solo show, TV Land has pulled the Cosby show from the schedule and appearances scheduled to promote the show and a series of comedy performances have been cancelled...he refused to answer a question brought up in an NPR interview

could Dr Huxtable be a serial rapist?

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:36 PM
    Liked 16,490 Times in 9,345 Posts

Is he "pudding" us on???

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,088 Times in 8,937 Posts

With this many women coming out of the woodwork saying he raped them, it is starting to become a little harder to believe in his innocence.

I want to believe him that he is innocent, but man, that's a lot of smoke!
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

The guy could very well be an awesome comedian, speaker, writer, producer, etc. AND a rapist nonetheless. Though it would really suck. I think his generation still believed they were entitled to "have their way" if they reached a certain level of fame/power.
    Little Dreamer

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

Not that it makes you a rapist, but I once saw Cosby lose his shit on stage. The audience was stunned. I went with a buddy and my parents to see his stand up about 10-12 years ago. There was a problem with the audio, and Cosby started talking shit to the "sound guy," eventually throwing his mic down while yelling and screaming and walking off stage.

From where we were seated, we could see him off stage gesturing and yelling at whoever would listen. Now, I get it. It's one mic for one guy. Tough to screw that up.

He eventually made it back out on stage and resumed, but it was so seemingly out of character that it took him a while to bring the audience back to him.

I realized then that Cosby is not the nice guy we all put on a pedestal. Of course, that doesn't mean he's a rapist, but the idealized version of Cosby that many have was lost for me that day. So it makes it easier for me to accept.

That said, while there is a hell of a lot of smoke, it is worth noting that he has never been charged, much less convicted, and many of these women are coming out years, if not decades later. Always adds suspicion, especially when some (or at least one) has received a settlement.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Nice to see sensible heads prevailing so far here now.

All these celebrities suffer from nuisance allegations such as this then of course the " Access Hollywood " and so forth tabloid journalism runs it into the ground then the Charlie Potatoheads believe the allegations as reported most likely without even reading the full article or taking into context the presentation administratored by the media. Average Joe Blow Fuckward Bozo believes the shit right away calls Cosby a rapist that's the big daily chit chat around the lunch wagon, picnic table , or office that day even though theres nothing but allegations reported to the media from some woman. One would think she'd call a lawyer or the Police first. But no- she tells the media first.
    " On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 1,463 Times in 898 Posts

Not looking too good for him.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nice to see sensible heads prevailing so far here now.

All these celebrities suffer from nuisance allegations such as this then of course the " Access Hollywood " and so forth tabloid journalism runs it into the ground then the Charlie Potatoheads believe the allegations as reported most likely without even reading the full article or taking into context the presentation administratored by the media. Average Joe Blow Fuckward Bozo believes the shit right away calls Cosby a rapist that's the big daily chit chat around the lunch wagon, picnic table , or office that day even though theres nothing but allegations reported to the media from some woman. One would think she'd call a lawyer or the Police first. But no- she tells the media first.
    Actually, she did go to the police first and they didn't believe her because it was Bill Cosby. Judging by what these women are saying and how old Bill is reacting it's not looking good for him at all. The pattern is the same from all of the separate women and they obviously didn't have any prior contact.

If I was innocent and accused of rape on TV and in the news,I would be doing interviews and one hour specials all day and night.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

All said and done, I think this could be the end of Bill Cosby. Can't believe he actually did a bit about drugging girls and then went on to do it, kind of like a fireman that starts fires.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:27 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

The Borough committee president an elected official used to live across street from me . One day the PA State troopers surrounded his house and arrested him on rape charges. He was dressing up as a cop and going around arresting hookers then raping them and leaving them blindfolded. He got bail but the story went viral locally and other women started coming out of the woodwork 3-4 more. He jumped bail and was eventually found by US marshals but he put a bullet in his head. Anythings possible.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:06 PM
    Liked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Not that it makes you a rapist, but I once saw Cosby lose his shit on stage. The audience was stunned. I went with a buddy and my parents to see his stand up about 10-12 years ago. There was a problem with the audio, and Cosby started talking shit to the "sound guy," eventually throwing his mic down while yelling and screaming and walking off stage.

From where we were seated, we could see him off stage gesturing and yelling at whoever would listen. Now, I get it. It's one mic for one guy. Tough to screw that up.

He eventually made it back out on stage and resumed, but it was so seemingly out of character that it took him a while to bring the audience back to him.

I realized then that Cosby is not the nice guy we all put on a pedestal. Of course, that doesn't mean he's a rapist, but the idealized version of Cosby that many have was lost for me that day. So it makes it easier for me to accept.

That said, while there is a hell of a lot of smoke, it is worth noting that he has never been charged, much less convicted, and many of these women are coming out years, if not decades later. Always adds suspicion, especially when some (or at least one) has received a settlement.
    On the other hand... Don't you think he would sue the comedian that brought all of this up for slander?

if he is innocent that is...
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

It almost seems like his strategy is that if he ignores it, he stays above it, which is why I don't think he has responded to anyone, including that comedian.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    It almost seems like his strategy is that if he ignores it, he stays above it, which is why I don't think he has responded to anyone, including that comedian.
    He is so far from above this, everything he makes money off of has been cancelled and shelved. Bet the cast of The Cosby Show are furious with him right now since most of them depend on those residules. I have long feared becoming famous because of the truths and un-truths of my past that would be dug up to feed the social media monster.
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 591 Times in 362 Posts

Donor

If Cliff Huxtable is a rapist, I might as well be dead inside.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 591 Times in 362 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I have long feared becoming famous because of the truths and un-truths of my past that would be dug up to feed the social media monster.
    Pretty sure you're safe, DP.