Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.25.16 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 6,031 Times in 3,281 Posts

Premium Member

Default Dem Senator Says He Wont Put Up With His Partys Bulls**t If they Try to Do This

Dem Senator Says He Won’t Put Up With His Party’s ‘Bulls**t’ If they Try to Do This to GOP

Even though Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) is no longer part of the majority in the Senate, he believes there are several issues Democrats and Republicans can come together on.

As far as the prospect of Democrats simply obstructing the GOP, essentially ensuring nothing gets done for the next two years — that’s something Manchin says he won’t go along with.

“That’s bulls**t,” he told Politico. “I’m not going to put up with that.”

Manchin, a red-state Democrat who has never been shy about battling members of the his own party, famously shot a cap and trade bill with a rifle and touted his NRA endorsement in a 2010 campaign ad.

In a lengthy Politico profile, several red-state Democrats expressed their willingness to work the new GOP majority to pass bipartisan legislation, including approving the Keystone XL pipeline, repealing Obamacare’s medical device tax and restoring the full-time 40-hour workweek. These are all things currently on the Republican wish list.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) said the Democratic caucus “needs to take a hard look at the way we do things and make sure we are putting the policy issues first before politics.”

“The habit we got into in doing nothing, no one was happy with that. I hope that we never go back to that,” she added.

While Republicans could enjoy a 54-46 majority in the Senate, they would still need six Democrats to overcome a filibuster, Politico notes.

Read the full profile here. Red-state Democrats rise in Senate - POLITICO
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 11.11.14 at 12:46 PM.
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen