Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned!
    Last Online

02.15.15 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts

Default Is It Fair To Say That Eddie Still Can't Stand Dave For The Most Part?

I get the sense from the lack of truly new songs on ADKOT and the absolute inactivity or even basic contact since the ADKOT tour, that Eddie was essentially being forced in a sense to work with Dave, because Sammy or Dave is all that fans will accept if Eddie wants to ever make new music again.

Is it fair to say that since they don't have anything to promote and make it look like they are best friends again, that Eddie still can't fucking stand Dave and that he wants nothing to do with him if he can help it?

I really think Eddie would have been better off trying to fix things with Sammy over Dave if we are going to go long term here with a Van Halen comeback. Sammy and Eddie were actually best friends, so if they could finally fix things between them - I believe they would be able to write new songs together and just be in a better place than Eddie is with Dave.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 06:07 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I don't know if I would say he "can't stand" Dave anymore, but I know that if I had to work with Dave on anything, I'd probably get very tired of him very fast. He seems to have a good handle on what life's all about and is very happy with what he done, but always has this kind of arrogant, know-it-all attitude that would get really frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.28.17 @ 10:23 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I get the sense from the lack of truly new songs on ADKOT and the absolute inactivity or even basic contact since the ADKOT tour, that Eddie was essentially being forced in a sense to work with Dave, because Sammy or Dave is all that fans will accept if Eddie wants to ever make new music again.

Is it fair to say that since they don't have anything to promote and make it look like they are best friends again, that Eddie still can't fucking stand Dave and that he wants nothing to do with him if he can help it?

I really think Eddie would have been better off trying to fix things with Sammy over Dave if we are going to go long term here with a Van Halen comeback. Sammy and Eddie were actually best friends, so if they could finally fix things between them - I believe they would be able to write new songs together and just be in a better place than Eddie is with Dave.
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that Sammy and Eddie were "best friends." My understanding is that the honeymoon on that relationship barely made it through the 5150 tour.

In Sammy's interview from last week, he even explicitly stated that he missed Al, because they could hang out and just shoot the breeze....something he and Eddie could never do. Everything I've read is that Sammy and Ed had a great creative partnership, but that's about the extent of it.

Ditto Dave and Ed. They are now and have always been more like co-workers than friends. Co-workers tolerate each other and even have a few laughs on the job but on the weekends, the last thing they want to do is hang out socially.
    ~Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.~

Mark Twain

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by C Brown View Post
    I'm not sure where you get the idea that Sammy and Eddie were "best friends." My understanding is that the honeymoon on that relationship barely made it through the 5150 tour.

In Sammy's interview from last week, he even explicitly stated that he missed Al, because they could hang out and just shoot the breeze....something he and Eddie could never do. Everything I've read is that Sammy and Ed had a great creative partnership, but that's about the extent of it.

Ditto Dave and Ed. They are now and have always been more like co-workers than friends. Co-workers tolerate each other and even have a few laughs on the job but on the weekends, the last thing they want to do is hang out socially.
    I have read numerous interviews with Sammy where he has clearly said that Eddie and him were best friends and obviously just looking at things during the time of at least 5150,OU812 and FUCK - it's obvious to anyone that there was a bromance going on.

That is partially the reason why Sammy was so hurt on a personal level when it ended badly and has said that he would love to get his best friend back.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:40 PM
    Liked 6,842 Times in 3,581 Posts

Premium Member

Who knows. ADKOT and the last tour seem to prove that they can work together. What the fuck else can one ask for?

EDIT: Oh fuck! just fell for another Sam vs Dave thread.
    Last edited by Number 47; 11.07.14 at 03:28 PM.

Banned!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Who knows. ADKOT and the last tour seem to prove that they can work together. What the fuck else can one ask for?

EDIT: Oh fuck! just fell for another Sam vs Dave thread.
    What work together - Eddie couldn't stand to be in the same room with Dave during the recording of ADKOT which is why they worked in different studios and they clearly couldn't actually sit down and write new songs together. I am sure the money from touring helped Eddie get through it with Dave, but I don't think he wants to stomach that again.

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

I think they are tolerating each other more than anything, and need quality time away from each other as much as they can, while not recording or touring.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine/The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.16.15 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 213 Times in 135 Posts

I think it's a love/hate relationship. They both realize at this point that they need each other if either party is going to do anything successful in the music business. I think it's toleration more than anything.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Only in very small doses I think. Look at it this way, at some point Dave has been able to sit down and write an entire album with John 5, but Dave and Eddie can't get together to write new material. ADKOT was recorded separately. They supposedly have all kinds of extra tracks that were written for that album...but they can't seem to get together to work on VH. Touring together is easy, you only need to see the other guy on stage for two hours, it's not hard to avoid each other on the road. VH is as dysfunctional as it's ever been, mostly because Eddie seems to have lost the desire for it. I think he wants to be retired and just jam with his brother and his son.

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine all Mine, Mean Street
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 53 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    What work together - Eddie couldn't stand to be in the same room with Dave during the recording of ADKOT which is why they worked in different studios and they clearly couldn't actually sit down and write new songs together. I am sure the money from touring helped Eddie get through it with Dave, but I don't think he wants to stomach that again.
    Well said... Sums it up perfectly

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 510 Times in 179 Posts

Is it fair to say that one person you have no personal knowledge or experience of can't stand another person you have no personal knowledge or experience of?

...Sure.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

14. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:44 PM
    Liked 16,544 Times in 9,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hamnerhead View Post
    Is it fair to say that one person you have no personal knowledge or experience of can't stand another person you have no personal knowledge or experience of?

...Sure.
    Exactly. We, as usual, have no idea what is actually going on with these guys.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Banned!
    Last Online

...Sure.
    Please. Don't embarrass yourself. I know Van Halen fans want Eddie and Dave to BFF's, so that we get numerous new albums and tours, but we are well aware from various reports from solid sources that Dave and Eddie couldn't work on ADKOT in the same room and they have not had much interaction since the ADKOT tour. Any interaction is done over the phone, etc. Not in person.

Banned!
    Last Online

...Sure.
    Please. Don't embarrass yourself. I know Van Halen fans want Eddie and Dave to BFF's, so that we get numerous new albums and tours, but we are well aware from various reports from solid sources that Dave and Eddie couldn't work on ADKOT in the same room and they have not had much interaction since the ADKOT tour. Any interaction is done over the phone, etc. Not in person.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 1,860 Times in 814 Posts

Forgive me guys, I'm new. But I think there is a little over harping on demo material for ADKOT
    It's something all bands do, they go back to old demos, old material, rework it and before you know it half the album is on the can. There are demos out there following 5150 that has material used on OU812 and FUCK
    Eddie has been able to get along with anyone not related to him and the problem is more with his personality, his drinking, and how obsessive he is.
    Also don't under estimate their ability to sign with any record label, they've been told in no uncertain terms, Sam or Dave or no music.
    It takes this band years to release albums and I'm sure we will hear from them again. But to be fair the marriage portion never worked, it was only the music that did

19. The Following Member Likes This Post: