Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 12:00 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,484 Posts

I don't think Joe has any issue playing VH songs live. However I think he does have an issue with what would happens after the performance. I think Joe realizes there is so much bad blood, hate with this band, there surely will be drama. Somebody posts CF doing lets say Best of Both Worlds. People will comment on Youtube that Joe sucks and Eddie does it better. Somebody will ask Sammy how he likes this version and you know Sam will say the CF version is the way much better than anytime VH played it. So that will cause discussion via here, Twitter, FB, The Metal Show etc Yes the fan base is small for VH but its vocal. Its passionate.

I don't think Joe wants to be involved in any of that drama. He seems like a very mild manner guy who just loves music but doesn't like any of the BS that comes along with it. He doesn't want the baggage that would come from playing a VH song so I believe that's why they have not done any.

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 11,191 Times in 6,765 Posts

That's pretty sad if that's the case.

It's funny though, Vic sure doesn't seem to give a fuck, about what VH fans on social media sites think.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 03:11 AM
    Liked 16,946 Times in 7,472 Posts

Default Sammy is ChoosingThe Circle Over Chickenfoot

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    That's pretty sad if that's the case.

It's funny though, Vic sure doesn't seem to give a fuck, about what VH fans on social media sites think.

He's not Joe Satriani either. Nobody cares about what Vic Johnson plays because he's hardly a guitar legend. And he doesn't do any of them justice anyway, he can barely play them right. He's no threat to anything.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Banned!
    Last Online

11.25.18 @ 07:41 PM
    Liked 11,191 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    He's not Joe Satriani either. Nobody cares about what Vic Johnson plays because he's hardly a guitar legend. And he doesn't do any of them justice anyway, he can barely play them right. He's no threat to anything.
    So a guitar legend, can't play another guitar legend's music, because it would invite criticism?

Eddie is the best to many of us, but if any guitar player could do justice to some EVH, it would be another great like Satriani.

If you're in a band with Sam & Mike, then it's kinda hard to ignore the elephant in the room.

Let me put it this way, if I'm going to see CF and it's a choice of hearing a VH song or BigFoot. Well, you know...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 03:11 AM
    Liked 16,946 Times in 7,472 Posts

He doesn't want a pissing contest. Can't say I blame him.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.07.19 @ 01:51 AM
    Liked 537 Times in 335 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I think THE CIRCLE is the band that I want to play with right now. It's the band that I choose to play with over any band. Even CHICKENFOOT is hard, because we only play CHICKENFOOT. So I miss playing 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now' and 'I Can't Drive 55' and 'One Way To Rock' and 'Heavy Metal' and 'Rock Candy'. I miss doing that, as much as I love CHICKENFOOT."

This is bull.

Sam can play whatever he wants. He's the "leader" of these projects that he's involved in.

Sam, Joe, and Chad need to stop being pussies. Play it all. We KNOW Mike is game to play everything.
    Why does everybody lump Joe into the group that is holding off on doing the CF thing?

He's been the one guy who always came out and said, "I miss CF and I want to do more!" Joe has been the only one who has shown any disappointment that CF hasnt continued.

"I think THE CIRCLE is the band that I want to play with right now. It's the band that I choose to play with over any band. Even CHICKENFOOT is hard, because we only play CHICKENFOOT. So I miss playing 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now' and 'I Can't Drive 55' and 'One Way To Rock' and 'Heavy Metal' and 'Rock Candy'. I miss doing that, as much as I love CHICKENFOOT."

That is such a fucking cop out by Sam.

Like Joe couldnt/wouldnt play One Way To Rock or 55. Give me a break.

CF just needs to go out and play it all. CF, VH, RHCP, Sammy-solo material, Zeppelin, etc. Theyve proven they can fill a set with CF material and keep an audiences interest. Now go out and play it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    He doesn't want a pissing contest. Can't say I blame him.
    Theres been a pissing contest ever since CF first got together and released an album so that argument doesnt float, IMHO.
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.27.14 at 04:30 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.23.18 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts

Listen...the only thing holding up Chickenfoot is Chad. (not Sam,Joe, or Mike)

Sam wants to wait for him and do an album/tour and do it right. I think Chad having to leave after the 2nd Chickenfoot album came out and not tour for that album HURT that record and HURT that tour. He is a big personality.

I would like to see one more FOOT album and tour. I think it would kill if the 4 of them went ALL in.

....meanwhile Sam is loving jamming some Zep with Jason and playing some VH. Wish he would do a few deeper cuts.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

10.16.18 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 113 Times in 49 Posts

Donor

I've called for Chickenfoot to play a Van Halen song before, but I'm rethinking my stance.

Chickenfoot is the one project where Sammy has not cashed in on the Van Halen name (directly). They don't play any Van Halen, at all. Of course they could, but any Chickenfoot show I've ever seen in person, on YouTube, or on DVD, they have stood on their own merits. They play Chickenfoot music and nothing else. I have to say with as much shit as we give Sammy for everything else he says and does, this is pretty admirable.

The music is good enough to support a show. They don't need to play Van Halen.

So, if Sam has "The Circle", which is really just a jam band, because Lauser is taking care of his wife, (and I don't know, maybe Mona needed some time off), then so be it. Who cares? Hey, was Mona at the Birthday Bash in Vegas?
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Last Online

12.06.19 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 11,231 Times in 6,209 Posts

Premium Member

Are you going to make another Chickenfoot record?

Joe [Satriani] is my favorite writer to work with since Eddie [Van Halen.] I'd rather write a record with him than anyone else, but I don't see any reason to make a new record. Going through the whole experience with a record label, and then going out and doing 150 interviews, a big tour and waking up at 4:00 a.m. to go on Howard Stern all to sell 35,000 CDs…It starts to feel like, "Hmmmm. Is this pay for play?"

I mean, I love making music. But doing it on Chickenfoot's level means spending a half million on a record. We write and record for six months. It's a lot of work, and then to not sell many records. It's disappointing. I don't like being disappointed. I like winning.

So, what's happening with you next year?

I want to put out a live album with the Circle. We're a brand-new band and our first record will be a greatest-hits record. Top that!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...0141030?page=3

Last Online

12.03.19 @ 12:30 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 140 Posts

Premium Member

Sad but true, I guess. Except maybe for the half a million needed for making a record on CF'S "level". Bummer.

I am only semi-excited about the Circle live album. It's nice, but I guess that CD will come out next year, and then the Circle will be laid to rest, instead of using the momentum to creat something new.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

10.16.18 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 113 Times in 49 Posts

Donor

Default Request for Sammy

Get together with Joe and the boys...some weekend...work up one or two songs...and release them on your website for 2 bucks. I'll buy them. Hell, 30,000 people will buy them. I understand releasing a full album isn't economically feasible anymore. I totally get that for a band like Chickenfoot, but embrace the new technology. Hell, more than 5-years ago, you put Open out in a straight-to-internet release...just do shit like that with Chickenfoot.
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Right now
    Last Online

11.27.19 @ 05:49 AM
    Liked 307 Times in 176 Posts

So I'm guessing CF's done with recording........now that's a bad start for the day!!!!!
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 04:28 PM
    Liked 2,350 Times in 1,325 Posts

Black Sabbath and Judas Priest just put out some great albums this year. Mastodon as well.
    I don't see why CF couldn't.

I am not jonesing to hear "When It's Love" for the millionth time live, Sam. Great song, but we've heard it. The only reason for me to see The Circle is for the Zep covers. Even if he's back with VH, we need new tunes.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.06.19 @ 12:00 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,484 Posts

Really sounds like CF is done. I do believe its more than just the requirement to put out an album.

Sucks because Vic and Bonham don't come close to Joe and Chad.

I mean he couldn't call up George Lynch or something?

Last Online

12.06.19 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 11,231 Times in 6,209 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Black Sabbath and Judas Priest just put out some great albums this year. Mastodon as well.
    I don't see why CF couldn't.

I am not jonesing to hear "When It's Love" for the millionth time live, Sam. Great song, but we've heard it. The only reason for me to see The Circle is for the Zep covers. Even if he's back with VH, we need new tunes.
    I hear ya!

I'm not particularly jonesing to hear ANY of those old tunes anymore... especially shit like Zep's Rock and Roll. Yawn!