Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

12.13.14 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy is ChoosingThe Circle Over Chickenfoot

I'm disappointed over this news. I'm not sure if this Sammy interview was done before or after the B-Day Bash. I was hoping for one more CF album/tour.
    Are the Waboritas over? Did Sammy tell Mona and Lauser to beat it? I prefer CF to anything Sammy has done in his career.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-jason-bonham/

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much.....
    Sammy just doesn't like being bored and sitting still. Hes gotta be doing something...
    All I will say is, I hope they put out a DVD or atleast tour Oz. As much as I love CF, they only stick to CF stuff, so I reckon The Circle sounds quite cool.

I'm still confident CF will have an album out next year sometime.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine/The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.16.15 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 213 Times in 135 Posts

I would love another CF album, but I'll take a tour of The Circle. But guys, you've got to scoot around the country and the globe for the fans.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

This is just Sammy being Sammy. I wouldn't put much stock in it.

I think what he was trying to say was that members of The Circle are more available than the members of Chickenfoot.

I'm not quite sure where he was trying to go with the "never need to record an album with The Circle" bit. I think he was talking of no new material. Seems to me that he'll throw something together. Even if it's a live album.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if he released an annual Cabo live birthday bash CD. He could throw on it what he wants and play with whoever shows up.

I think he continues to record so the fans don't forget who he is and that he's still a viable entity in the entertainment business. This feeds into the booze and restaurants as well.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Yup, that's just Sam being enthusiastic about what he's doing. He's probably excited since their Zep covers sound really, really good. Sam sings really well on "Good Times Bad Times," "Levee," etc. However I'm not digging Bonham on the VH tunes and they are not creating ANY new music.

Bottom line: Sam needs Satch to create quality new music. He knows it.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

All of em
    Last Online

10.04.17 @ 06:34 AM
    Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts

Premium Member

I'm one of the biggest Hagar heads out there but that was one of the dumbest things ive ever heard sammy say. What do you mean you dont even need to do a record? so you would rather just go out and play songs that are already available? get yer ass in the studio, record an album with The Circle and then go out and play all of these songs you want to play. Whats the difference? I will say sammy says some strange shit sometimes when he is excited so this may be just that (or his statement could be taken out of context)
    WHOAOH! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Relax...this is just his favorite band to 'Play' out with......right now.

The FOOT isn't available...so he is going to do a few more shows with the Circle. So what....

The guy just can't sit still. He wants to keep playing....although he is slowing down...less shows a year.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 504 Posts

There have been a few criticisms that Jason doesn’t play the VH sings correctly on this site. I don’t think anyone is trying to make this into a VH tribute band and Jason is an accomplished drummer in his own right. When seeing the Circle this summer, I enjoyed seeing Jason beating the drums so loudly whether the song called for it or not. He just plays with abandon – pretty fun to watch and hear.

I also think that people missed this part of the article:

"I think THE CIRCLE is the band that I want to play with right now. It's the band that I choose to play with over any band. Even CHICKENFOOT is hard, because we only play CHICKENFOOT. So I miss playing 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now' and 'I Can't Drive 55' and 'One Way To Rock' and 'Heavy Metal' and 'Rock Candy'. I miss doing that, as much as I love CHICKENFOOT."
    This is why he doesn’t need to record any music with The Circle and also why they scratch a certain itch that CF doesn’t. The bands provide different outlets for Sam and don’t compete with one another from that perspective.

The question I really have is that with everything going on (friends album, acoustic album, Circle all in the last year), does this 67 year old guy really have another CF album in him? I hope so but there is some doubt there for me.

Edit to add: I also feel that Sam was disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm about the last CF album (didn't do nearly as well as the first). I know he wanted that record to go #1 and if it had, I think CF would have gotten a lot more attention from him over the last couple years. Is the effort involved in a new album worth the seemingly minimal pay-off for him?
    Last edited by BlindtotheWorld; 10.27.14 at 07:07 AM.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 18,063 Times in 8,926 Posts

You have to look at things from Sam's perspective.

Sam has fully admitted that he struggles with lyric writing, so he therefore probably doesn't enjoy the process of making a new album that much.

He enjoys playing live, but he doesn't like the grind of a full blown tour. Just expect to get what we are getting from him from now on. Cover albums, live albums, compilations, and some shows here and there.

Anything more than that consider gravy. He has more money than he can ever spend, he doesn't need to work at all, if it isn't fun to him he isn't going to do it. And who can blame him? God bless the man I say.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

We need more Chickenfoot. It's a shame they have other obligations...well...Chad specifically.

I think it's funny to hear Sammy say he misses playing I Can't Drive 55 and There's Only One Way. You hear so many times how artists grow to hate their own songs because they have to play them every night for decades. Heck, even the fans can grow to hate hearing the same song every time. It's funny, then, hearing someone say they miss them.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

I think THE CIRCLE is the band that I want to play with right now. It's the band that I choose to play with over any band. Even CHICKENFOOT is hard, because we only play CHICKENFOOT. So I miss playing 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now' and 'I Can't Drive 55' and 'One Way To Rock' and 'Heavy Metal' and 'Rock Candy'. I miss doing that, as much as I love CHICKENFOOT."

This is bull.

Sam can play whatever he wants. He's the "leader" of these projects that he's involved in.

Sam, Joe, and Chad need to stop being pussies. Play it all. We KNOW Mike is game to play everything.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

For the life of me I can't see how he can miss playing those songs.

Good Enough? Sure. How about Amsterdam? Sure.

Right now? When Its Love

They are his songs and he can do what he wants but if The Circle is concentrating on playing Sammy hits, well I will pass. I don't need to hear any of his popular songs one more time live. Even for a few obscure gems. The draw of Mike isn't that strong.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I think THE CIRCLE is the band that I want to play with right now. It's the band that I choose to play with over any band. Even CHICKENFOOT is hard, because we only play CHICKENFOOT. So I miss playing 'When It's Love' and 'Right Now' and 'I Can't Drive 55' and 'One Way To Rock' and 'Heavy Metal' and 'Rock Candy'. I miss doing that, as much as I love CHICKENFOOT."

This is bull.

Sam can play whatever he wants. He's the "leader" of these projects that he's involved in.

Sam, Joe, and Chad need to stop being pussies. Play it all. We KNOW Mike is game to play everything.
    I doubt that Joe wants to get involved in the whole EVH vs Satriani debacle. He's never played his music and he gets compared to him enough. Can you imagine this place if Satch played VH tunes ? No thanks
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

02.03.17 @ 01:34 PM
    Liked 58 Times in 32 Posts

I actually took Sam's quote as being pretty positive on the Chickenfoot front, he's not gonna record new material with The Circle so what does that mean? To me, that says it's his current touring project and he's having fun with it but that Chickenfoot is his "new material" band and that once The Circle tour is over, Chickenfoot will reconvene when schedules allow.

Sam just seems to be enjoying doing a little of everything in his later yrs and why not? Wouldn't be surprised to now see him alternate between Chickenfoot and The Circle until retirement, he's simply enjoying himself.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    I doubt that Joe wants to get involved in the whole EVH vs Satriani debacle. He's never played his music and he gets compared to him enough. Can you imagine this place if Satch played VH tunes ? No thanks
    Joe shouldn't even give a rats ass.

None of them should. They all grew up playing covers and still do to this day. You think Joe has never played any EVH in his life?

These guys are a little light in the pants if they're worried about comparisons.

It's about having fun. They need to think like they're just a bar band on a Saturday night.