Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

Why not write together a message to the band, which would be "an official letter from the VH Links members (largest VH community in the world) to Van Halen"?

Because there is a simple way to deliver the message to the band. VH's attorney (Alan Mintz, I believe his name was) is well known and has a public address in LA. And I'm sure VH reads the stuff coming from their attorney, after all they're not dealing with a manager or a record company at this point. He used to be EVH's personal attorney so I guess he's fairly close to the man.

What do you guys think?
    Little Dreamer

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.29.17 @ 01:23 AM
    Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts

I agree, there must be some way of contacting VH to let them know that their no news policy simply isnt good enough. Eddie needs to come out and explain the situation whether its good or bad news.

Though I still wonder what is happening behind the scences as no one connected with the band is prepared to talk about whats happened with VH since Gary left.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 11:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Little Dreamer:
    Why not write together a message to the band, which would be "an official letter from the VH Links members (largest VH community in the world) to Van Halen"?

What do you guys think?
    What?! This isn't good enough for you?:

MESSAGE FROM EDDIE

[5/07/02]: I know I promised I'd get back to you and I'm sorry for the delay but I wanted to let you all know that I've just gotten a 100% clean bill of health - from head to toe. I wanted to share the good news with you immediately. And of course, I thank you all for all your good wishes and prayers along the way. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun.....so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon.

All my love,
    Eddie

How about this? Does this help?

MESSAGE FROM EDDIE

[9/24/02]: I know I promised I'd get back to you and I'm sorry for the delay. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun.....so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon.

What would this letter to Van Halen say?

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I'm not so sure those guys read a whole helluva lot of paper docs put in front of them....

Examples?

Contracts that sign away royalties to Ray D for the records they made prior to his involvement with the band....

Lyrics brought forth by DLR during the '96 sessions....

etc....

Brad may read it.....
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

It's a nice thought, but even if the attorney read it, I doubt that he'd pass it along to Edward, and even if by some miracle, he did, and Edward actually read it, I don't think he'd respond.

I really don't think that Ed's intention is to say fuck you to his fans. I think he's just been through way too much and isn't dealing with anything except personal issues right now and that's not open for public debate for obvious reasons. He's never been good with the media, doesn't really enjoy being a public personality, and most likely just doesn't understand the interest we have in him.

That said, it would be nice if someone in Van Halen's PR department (if there is such a thing) would post something on the band's official site once in awhile. For instance, when Ed gets up on stage anywhere, there are hundreds of fans that would like to know about it and maybe get a few pics and there was nothing on the Leslie West duet.

Likewise, there are some of us that would just like to know how Ed is doing - that he's alive and functioning somewhere.
    Could this be magic?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Perfect post, Z - exactly how I feel myself.

Favorite VH Album

VH1, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Top of the World
    Last Online

01.30.07 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't put too much confidence into letters and petitions because they could ignore it. But hey you never know.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away, 5150, Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While I don't think such a letter is an absurd idea, I don't think it would have the desired effect. Let's not forget that EVH is just getting through a divorce and CANCER (even EVH is human) As much as we'd (myself especially) like VH to do what we all want and to get back to what they do best, we may just have to wait a while. Also, I think ed, alex, and michael all want to make their fans happy, but they also have to do what's in their best interests. Just a thought.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

10.24.05 @ 08:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but do you really think Edward doesn't have a clue that we want to hear from him? I believe he's fully aware of our situation as fans and apparently he doesn't care.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Perhaps a letter of support to let Eddie know that we're thinking of him and the guys and still appreciate all of the great music they've made over the years would be a nice touch, but let's not make any demands - (for an information update etc.)

I'd very much doubt that Van Halen receives that much fan mail these days compared to the start of their career(s).

Perhaps (especially) Eddie would appreciate some kind words, and if we're lucky, they may inspire him to respond either by replying though the VH web site - or just maybe with some new music!

I feel that reprimanding the man for not keeping us informed about the band's situation for the past 4 years can only add to the considerable amount of pressure that he must surely be under at the moment.

That's just my take.
    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Little Dreamer:

Because there is a simple way to deliver the message to the band. VH's attorney (Alan Mintz, I believe his name was) is well known and has a public address in LA. And I'm sure VH reads the stuff coming from their attorney, after all they're not dealing with a manager or a record company at this point. He used to be EVH's personal attorney so I guess he's fairly close to the man.

What do you guys think?
    well because the band or what used to be a band does not care, but if you want to do this I could also ask his Intelectual Property attorney to pass a message to Barbera Paige (Ed personal manager) all she can say is no.
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Originally posted by Shumway:
    Perhaps a letter of support to let Eddie know that we're thinking of him and the guys and still appreciate all of the great music they've made over the years would be a nice touch, but let's not make any demands - (for an information update etc.)

I'd very much doubt that Van Halen receives that much fan mail these days compared to the start of their career(s).

Perhaps (especially) Eddie would appreciate some kind words, and if we're lucky, they may inspire him to respond either by replying though the VH web site - or just maybe with some new music!

I feel that reprimanding the man for not keeping us informed about the band's situation for the past 4 years can only add to the considerable amount of pressure that he must surely be under at the moment.

That's just my take.
    I agree! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Could this be magic?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Of course I wasn't thinking of any letter reprimanding him or claiming anything.
    A letter of support, yes, but also a letter stating the confusion in the VH fan community right now. For example we don't even know for sure if Alex is alive or even able to walk!
    VH "glorified tribute bands" have been touring the country, Mike's status is unknown.
    It would be a letter from the fans to VH, no outisde media invovled or anything, and strictly about music, no personal issues involved.
    VH has to be aware of this website.
    Because with the lack of anything else happening, right here, right now, this website IS Van Halen!
    Little Dreamer

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

no writing to VH- a waste of time and energy...

VH fans wouldn't even be able to decide on what to write in the letter anyway...

"dear eddie, since you are feeling better now, we, the fans, wanted to let you know we want you to get dave back... or wait- better yet- do a blues solo cd- we mean, go to cabo in two weeks... no, wait-convince mike to sing for the next cd- actually, just work on the next "best of" cd... better yet- get a celebrity singer line up- and record- no, tour... wait- yeah- record... mmm- nah- tour... first- let us take some more polls and debate some more... ahhh, nevermind- just keep doing nothing!"
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

I think some bands benefit from the interraction they have with their fans. Why not VH?
    I think the bros have a misconception about us Internet "fuckers". I think maybe such a letter would lift this misconception, make them understand their fans better, and make us understand them better.
    Just my two cents.
    Little Dreamer