Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Parents worried after beheading threat at 3 R.I. schools

JOHNSTON, R.I. (WHDH) - Many elementary school children in several Rhode Island communities stayed home from school Thursday after police received a threatening letter.

Investigators say someone threatened to behead students at schools in Johnston, Cranston and Warwick.

Because of the threat, many parents kept their children out of class even though police had a visible presence on campus.

"We want to ensure that there's a safe environment for our students as they go to our schools not only just today but throughout the entire period that they're in school,” Cranston Mayor Allan Fung said.

Many parents kept their kids at home Wednesday. Others decided to walk their children to school.

"It is safe and I hope it's just a prank that they're playing, the threat is not that serious. I hope everything gets back to normal because our kids do need their education,” Giovanni Carpenter said.

The drama in Rhode Island comes on the heels of similar threats in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Police in Rhode Island say they don't believe this is a credible threat but the community is certainly not taking any chances.

"When these threats come in, we take them very serious, but at the same time, we don't want these threats to affect our daily lives including what they do here educating students,” Cranston Police Chief Michael Winquist said.

The threat was reportedly handwritten and police have enlisted the help of the FBI to determine the source of the letter.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/crime/178...keep_kids_home
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 6,671 Times in 3,697 Posts

gotta wonder what the motivation is here. My guess is that it's political. Maybe to pressure government to get teachers armed in schools. Or maybe it's just some shit causer trying to freak people out. Who knows, but sure is a nice way to freak people the fuck out. Better chance your kid is killed on the way to school than via beheading at school.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

we had a dipshit in this area who phoned in bomb threats to a handful of schools just for the kicks

calls in then gets to watch the fruits of his labors on the evening news.

the idea of threatening children with this just makes my stomach churn..what kind of world is this?

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:42 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I would bet it's a shithead kid that is just copying what ISIS is doing to fuck with people. In the town I live in our schools have had 10 bomb threats between the last weeks of school last year and the first few this year. Last year there was a bomb threat at different schools every day. It got to be ridiculous and nobody takes them seriously. Of the ones that they say they caught it's been 13 year old girls who did it. Who the fuck knows why. Our latest one was yesterday.
    A week ago there was a bomb threat at the new Sandy Hook elementary school and the state called in the FBI. We've had 10 and no talk of the FBI investigating.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 11,731 Times in 6,500 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    we had a dipshit in this area who phoned in bomb threats to a handful of schools just for the kicks

calls in then gets to watch the fruits of his labors on the evening news.

the idea of threatening children with this just makes my stomach churn..what kind of world is this?
    In a matter of a few weeks Florida, Connecticut, Ohio, and now Rhode Island have had these types of threats. So far, nobody has been caught. I hope they're not related.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen