Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:32 PM
    Liked 11,776 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default Bill Maher Vs Ben Affleck Over Radical Islam

Affleck really gets his panties in a bunch in this video.

Watch Bill Maher Make Hollywood Star Noticeably Uncomfortable, Angry During Explosive Debate on Radical Islam: They Will ‘F***ing Kill You’

Oct. 4, 2014

It was essentially “Real Time” host Bill Maher and author Sam Harris versus actor Ben Affleck and New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof on Friday night as the panel aggressively debated radical Islam and just how big of a problem it is around the world.

And things got tense in a hurry.

Affleck was noticeably uncomfortable and frustrated throughout the discussion, calling claims that there are widespread problems within the Islamic religion “racist” and “gross.” Maher said liberals should stick up for liberal principles that many in the Muslim faith do not value, such as freedom of speech and equality for women.

When former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele argued there aren’t enough stories on courageous Muslims who stand up against radical Islam, Maher said that’s because “they’re afraid to speak out.”

“It’s the only religion that acts like the mafia,” he said. “That will f***ing kill you if you say the wrong thing, paint the wrong picture or write the wrong book.”

Later in the segment, Affleck said the United States has “killed more Muslims” than radical Islamists have killed Americans while asking Maher to lay out his solution.

“I can show you a Pew Poll of Egyptians, they are not outliers in the Muslim world that say like 90 percent of them believe that death is the appropriate response to leaving the religion,” Maher eventually responded. “If 90 percent of Brazilians thought death was the appropriate response to leaving Catholicism, you would think it was a bigger deal.”

Kristof alleged that the things Maher and Harris were saying have the “tinge of the way white racists talk about African-Americans.”

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Looks like Clark Kent is going to have one juicy headline:

BILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY BRUCE WAYNE...A MUSLIM?

Oh and Ill post this as well. One of the best verbal, politically incorrect, intelligent ass kickings Ive ever seen in my life.

Last edited by MF5150; 10.04.14 at 08:02 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

I'm agreeing with Bill Maher?! Frightening.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Yeah, I can't believe I'm siding with Maher on this one. Assfleck is an ass hat.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

one of the problems we have is that although there are a couple of billion Muslims in the world, less than 2 % live in North America and we do not understand their religion

the other problem is that 15-25% are radicalized and apparently THEY don't understand the tenets of the Muslim religion either

if this "ideological" war is to be fought and won, it needs to be fought and won by the 75% of the people who represent the true Islamic religion. no one else will ever win this war

they say the point of providing humanitarian aide is to aide those who are in a position to approach this from the ideological stand point.

but it doesn't seem like we are seeing much of it

I understand that a large percentage of Muslims live in poverty but where is the billion muslim march? how can they not accept that the actions of the radicalized Islamics, unassailed by the rest of the Islamic world WILL certainly lead to Islamic-phobia just as the Crusades created a perception of the entire Catholic church as a war mongering in the Islamic and Jewish population?

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Ex-Islamic State Hostage Stuns Family, CNN Reporter When Asked How He Feels About the Terrorist Group

Oct. 4, 2014

World
    A Syrian Kurdish schoolboy kidnapped by Islamic State militants more than four months ago and released in the last few days told CNN he was “terrified” at first by his experience.

He was taken with other kidnapped boys and entrenched in the Islamic State’s version of the Muslim faith, CNN said.

They were forced to watch videos of beheadings and amputations and taught to pray at a mosque, he said.

They also were taken to a school for questioning. The boy told CNN reporter Arwa Damon he was hit with cables but added that some got it worse. Electrocutions. Hangings from a ceiling.

“When are they going to kill us?” he said he wondered. “Today? Tomorrow?”

Then the boy said he found out “the truth” that the Islamic State doesn’t slaughter people without evidence — “only if they are infidels.”

But when the reporter asked the boy what he thought about his terrorist captors, she said his response shocked the room.

“They are right,” he said.

Check out the CNN interview below:

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

They must have brain-washed this kid.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

Didn't this same thing just happen not long ago on Real Time with Maher, Dinesh D'Souza, and Arianna Huffington?

"There's a problem with a significant amount of Muslims."

"Not all Muslims!"

"No, not all, but a significant amount."

"But not all Muslims!"

"You're not listening to what we're saying. We're saying a significant amount of Muslims are creating trouble."

"You're racist for saying all Muslims are bad!"

Jesus Christ, next time someone just punch me in the face instead of watching this happen for a third time on his show. It's like Huffington and Affleck just stuck their fingers in their ears and screamed, "Lalalalalalala!!!!"

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

I was really surprised at Affleck's reaction. I knew what his position would be but I did not expect his reaction. It was almost a tantrum with his under the breath comments while the other guest was speaking. It was a pretty laughable display. I also hate that he's playing Batman. . (just wanted to throw that in)

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Douche vs douche

Fuck Bill Maher, his words mean nothing to me.

Sam harris owned Batgirl though

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

Bill Maher is one of the bigger douchebags in history who basically thinks any religious person is a moron so I'll take affleck's side here.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Bill Maher is one of the bigger douchebags in history who basically thinks any religious person is a moron so I'll take affleck's side here.
    Are you taking his side because Maher is a douche? Affleck isn't any better in the douchebaggery department. Look, I think that Maher is a fuckin' asshole but he's spot on on this topic. Affleck doesn't even listen to their argument in this video.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

Default Bill Maher Vs Ben Affleck Over Radical Islam

We're not going to get anywhere if the reply to "There's a problem with Islamic extremists and likely a problem with many conservative Islamics, perhaps a total of 20% of all Muslims," is, "But it's not all Muslims!"

It's the equivalent of replying to, "There's a violent crime problem in the Black community," with, "Not all Blacks!"

No shit. No one is saying that. But you can't even criticize the religion publicly without fearing death. That is a fucking problem and we need be real about it.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:45 PM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Are you taking his side because Maher is a douche? Affleck isn't any better in the douchebaggery department. Look, I think that Maher is a fuckin' asshole but he's spot on on this topic. Affleck doesn't even listen to their argument in this video.
    Maher thinks all religious people are mentally ill. Tough to take anything he says about this issue seriously.

There is a huge problem with Muslim extremists in the world but Bill Maher is the last guy I'm going to listen to on the issue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Kinda off topic, but it speaks of Maher's character.

Maher can burn in hell with his hero hijackers
    Last edited by Greenpaw; 10.05.14 at 04:19 PM.