Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd like to know why I keep coming back here...?

I don't think I'm alone with this feeling. Why do we come back? Why do we care? Why can't we move on and just forget VH? They've proven to me that they couldn't care less about us? Why can't we stop caring about them?

Going on four years now and our best info comes from golf magazines... It's absolutely disgraceful how they continue to treat their dwindling fan base, yet we keep coming back and asking for more.

Why?

Is it because we grew up listening to VH and that reminds us of when we were young (Nostalgia)? It can't be just that. We grew up listening to lots of different music; the reason must be deeper...

Maybe it's because we've been waiting all of these years for Dave to reunite with VH and it just makes sense for that to happen now? After all, if the Eagles could reunite, certainly VH could right? The money is there, the fans want it, there's an opening in the band for a lead singer... It just makes perfect sense for it to happen right?

Maybe we’re gluttons for punishment? Maybe we actually like being toyed with by their Webmaster, and enjoy the ups and downs we get from the VH saga. After all, can you name one band out there that can produce this much drama without actually doing anything?

I liken this situation to losing your first true love. You’d do anything to get her back, but she won’t have anything to do with you. This doesn’t prevent you from trying to get her back though because you’ve never loved anyone as much as you love her. Then one day you see her with another guy and you realize she’s gone. That’s when you start to grieve and that’s when you finally start to move on.

I can’t move on knowing that Dave wants a reunion, but Eddie wants…? I need to know what Eddie wants. All he has to say is “I’m not going to work with Dave”, and I’m gone! My grieving process can officially begin. But until that day comes, I guess I’m stuck with playing games with their Webmaster and every other Azcardinal, Sea Hag and jimmy page out there... [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

[ January 31, 2002 at 06:38 PM: Message edited by: dj88 ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

it's so ridiculous at this point, it's actually laughable.
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Banned!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hang in there dj88! We'll get some information sometime down the road [img]smile.gif[/img] Are you a real dj?

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by The Sea Hag:
    Hang in there dj88! We'll get some information sometime down the road [img]smile.gif[/img] Are you a real dj?
    No, my handle actually comes from Dale Jarrett who drives the #88 car in NASCAR.

As for answers.. lets just say I'm not going to hold my breath.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm here to witness the carnage of this self-induced Van Halen train wreck. The way these guys communicate is a crying shame. I swear, college kids studying P.R. could use Van Halen as a lesson in what not to do.

Members of Congress. What the fuck is Van Halen doing to their fans??
    LightBulb5150<br />I bring things to light.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.13.05 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Listen...

I'm new here and I don't know Brad, Brett or anybody else but one thing seems very clear to me.

Millions of fans are EAGERLY awaiting some scrap of real news about Van Halen, in whatever form they take. If anybody holding an official position with VH, posts a message with a "wink" and it's a joke, then you suck.

And if EVH, AVH, MA, DLR, SH, GC, WBros. or anybody else connected with them knows that it's being done intentionally, then I've had it!

If this is just more bullshit, you can keep the band and you can have the discs back. I'll be glad to send you my old ticket stubs & t-shirts as well, just send me the friggin address.

This is ridiculous!
    "Money may not buy happiness, but it sure can buy a boat big enough to sail right up next to it!" DLR- US Festival pre-show

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Well, the reason lots of us are here is because we have nothing else better to do. The claim that millions are anxious fans await the return of the formerly mighty Van Halen may possibly be grossly overstated... I suspect that there may be 5-10 thousand fans who really give a shit!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

04.05.07 @ 05:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You ask why we are here? You know the answer!

This band has always been what we all want to hear. Who gives a shit about cryptic messages and who's pissed off? We are waiting for more news. We have been waiting for 3 years! What is the difference if we wait 5 days or 5 months? Just crank up BOV1 and relax. When they are ready, they will do something. I don't care if it's Dave, Sammy or even Patty Smythe, as long as they are playing. My sig line says it all! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You could put a Dancing Fucking Monkey in front of those 3 Musicians, and they would Still ROCK! (They proved this with Gary)

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm here for the snazzy uniforms, the witty banter, and the $2.99 steak sandwich.:yummy:

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Could This Be Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why am I still here? I'm in charge of counting the number of times FORD uses the word "sheep" in his posts.

Got a problem? Someone's got to do it.
    DtK<br /><br /><i>"<b>Do</b> something."</i>

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Time will tell friends!!!
    "Jebe Ga"

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK, Fair Warning, OU812,BOV1
    Favorite VH Song

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

..........patience. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wheres the 'throw up smilie?'
    "Now whose that Babe with the Babylous shadow?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member
    Originally posted by Glenn:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm here for the snazzy uniforms, the witty banter, and the $2.99 steak sandwich.:yummy:
    Thank you. My screen needed more beer sprayed across it.

Really.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:50 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

The answer to this post is very simple. Why do we care? This band has touched the lives of millions of people with their music and entertainment. This band is one if not the greatest Rock N Roll band ever. To see them make the mistakes that they made recently (or far back as 6 years ago) and then slowly fade out is a heartbreaker to many fans.
    Why are we here? That's easy as well. There is something inside of us that thinks that maybe, just maybe, this band isn't done. That they may actually have some music for their LOYAL fans to hear. That something inside is hope.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So the answer to some is that they've made friends here over the years so they come here to chat. I can understand that.

For others they have nothing better to do anyway, so why not come here and see if any progress has been made? I can understand this too, although I'd like to think there would be something better to do than to come here and try to figure out Brad's riddles.

Then there's the group that comes here because they just hope VH isn't done. I'm one of those people, but you know what? We're living in denial. This band is done. Eddie's living in denial too. He says he doesn't want to become a nostalgia act, but you know what? That's all there is left for VH. Dave has seen the writing on the wall. His last tour was all old school VH (and it rocked my ass off I might add). All good things must come to an end and that time has arrived for VH.

VH has a couple options left for them on how they want to go out though. They can get a 4th singer, sell even less records than VHIII and go out with a whimper. Not much of an option if you ask me. Or, they could get Dave back; make a record with him and then do a world tour. This makes the most sense to me. Doing this could even prolong their careers if they could just somehow manage to get along. They could even get Sammy back, make a record, and then tour with him. It wouldn't pull in anywhere near the money a Dave reunion would, but from what I can tell Eddie would prefer to work with anyone BUT Dave, so this is a real option. Their last option is to do what they have been doing over the past four years and just fade away into oblivion. This is the worst way I can imagine them going out, and the most painful for the fans to endure.

We don't know all of the facts because Eddie chooses to keep everyone in the dark. We're forced to speculate on why VH would do the things they do. My guess is that Dave would tell us what's going on, but he's afraid that would burn down the last bridge to 5150.

I just don't understand why Eddie can't come out and say something to his loyal fans. I'm not asking for a press conference. All I'm asking for is a message sent through Brad to the fans. If he wants to take some time off, then please just tell us. If cancer is the problem then again, just tell us. But, if negotiations with Dave have reached a stalemate (my guess) then do something about it. The window of opportunity for VH is now. Who knows what could happen tomorrow that might close this window. Someone could get hit by a bus for Christs’s sake! Get an arbitrator to tell you both what's fair. Do something before it’s too late.

Ultimately this whole situation is in Eddie’s hands. It’s his band with or without Dave. I just hope he does the right thing. The fans want an encore Edward. But more than that, they just want to be treated like people.