Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Default White Lesbian Couple Outraged That Sperm Bank Donor Turned Out To Be Black

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/oh...ue-wrong-sperm

ByMARK GILLISPIEPublishedOctober 2, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT 10395 views

CLEVELAND (AP) — An Ohio woman and her partner have sued a Chicago-area sperm bank after she became pregnant with sperm donated by a black man instead of a white man as she'd intended.

Jennifer Cramblett was five months pregnant and happy with her life in April 2012. She and her partner had married months earlier in New York, and within days of their nuptials she had become pregnant with donor sperm at a fertility clinic in Canton.

Cramblett, 36, and her partner, Amanda Zinkon, 29, were so elated that they called Midwest Sperm Bank LLC outside Chicago to reserve sperm from the same donor in the hope that Zinkon would someday also have a child.

But that's when Cramblett received some disturbing news, says a lawsuit filed Monday against Midwest Sperm Bank in Cook County, Illinois. She learned from an employee at the sperm bank that she had been inseminated with sperm from No. 330, a black donor, and not No. 380, a white donor she and Zinkon, who are white, had chosen.

"How could they make a mistake that was so personal?" Cramblett said during a telephone interview on Wednesday.

According to the lawsuit, her excitement about the pending birth was replaced with "anger, disappointment and fear."

"They took a personal choice, a personal decision and took it on themselves to make that choice for us out of pure negligence," Cramblett said.

Telephone calls to Midwest Sperm Bank were not returned on Wednesday. It's unclear who the sperm bank's attorney is.

Cramblett said she and Zinkon love their 2-year-old daughter, Payton, very much and wouldn't change anything about her. But they are concerned about raising her in the predominantly white community where they live.

The lawsuit said they had moved from Akron to Uniontown for better schools and to be closer to Cramblett's family. She said that as a lesbian she has felt the sting of prejudice but doesn't know what it's like to be mistreated because of her skin color.

The lawsuit says Cramblett also is worried about how Payton will be treated in her "all-white, and often unconsciously insensitive family."

Therapists have recommended that Cramblett, Zinkon and Payton move to a more a racially diverse community with good schools, the lawsuit said.

Cramblett said she decided to sue to prevent the sperm bank from making the same mistake again. The lawsuit says the sperm bank has no electronic record-keeping and no quality controls that would have prevented it from sending the wrong sperm to fertility clinics.

The lawsuit seeks a minimum of $50,000 in damages. Cramblett's attorney, Tim Misny, said some of the compensation would pay for ongoing counseling.

"I thought you people were supposed to be.........."
    Last edited by Jesus H Christ; 10.02.14 at 01:38 PM.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

they have a case but it sounds pretty ridiculous for a lesbian to say her child will have it tough being half black in a white area. Maybe, but the kid might have it tough having two moms in the area too and that didn't stop her from having the kid.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

I feel bad for the child..."Mommy sued because I was suppose to be white".
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Move to San Francisco, problem solved.
    Last edited by sickman; 10.02.14 at 01:49 PM. Reason: scissor sisters

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    I feel bad for the child..."Mommy sued because I was suppose to be white".
    didn't even think of that part of it. The kid will get teased to hell now that it's a matter that the public knows about. "Even you moms didn't want you" will be a fun thing to hear growing up.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    didn't even think of that part of it. The kid will get teased to hell now that it's a matter that the public knows about. "Even you moms didn't want you" will be a fun thing to hear growing up.
    Well, they wanted her, just a different pigment of her.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Wow, poor kid. Total bitches, you expect the world to acccept as you are but you can't love your own flesh and blood because....nevermind, I am going to spin right off this fucking planet.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:20 AM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

They sound very open minded and accepting.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Probably libtar.... eh, I promised Daisy that I wouldn't say that anymore.

But, it's kind of funny that these are probably progressives that want gay marriage and all of that, but they don't want their mixed kid.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 10.02.14 at 03:51 PM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/oh...ue-wrong-sperm

ByMARK GILLISPIEPublishedOctober 2, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT 10395 views

CLEVELAND (AP) — An Ohio woman and her partner have sued a Chicago-area sperm bank after she became pregnant with sperm donated by a black man instead of a white man as she'd intended.

Jennifer Cramblett was five months pregnant and happy with her life in April 2012. She and her partner had married months earlier in New York, and within days of their nuptials she had become pregnant with donor sperm at a fertility clinic in Canton.

Cramblett, 36, and her partner, Amanda Zinkon, 29, were so elated that they called Midwest Sperm Bank LLC outside Chicago to reserve sperm from the same donor in the hope that Zinkon would someday also have a child.

But that's when Cramblett received some disturbing news, says a lawsuit filed Monday against Midwest Sperm Bank in Cook County, Illinois. She learned from an employee at the sperm bank that she had been inseminated with sperm from No. 330, a black donor, and not No. 380, a white donor she and Zinkon, who are white, had chosen.

"How could they make a mistake that was so personal?" Cramblett said during a telephone interview on Wednesday.

According to the lawsuit, her excitement about the pending birth was replaced with "anger, disappointment and fear."

"They took a personal choice, a personal decision and took it on themselves to make that choice for us out of pure negligence," Cramblett said.

Telephone calls to Midwest Sperm Bank were not returned on Wednesday. It's unclear who the sperm bank's attorney is.

Cramblett said she and Zinkon love their 2-year-old daughter, Payton, very much and wouldn't change anything about her. But they are concerned about raising her in the predominantly white community where they live.

The lawsuit said they had moved from Akron to Uniontown for better schools and to be closer to Cramblett's family. She said that as a lesbian she has felt the sting of prejudice but doesn't know what it's like to be mistreated because of her skin color.

The lawsuit says Cramblett also is worried about how Payton will be treated in her "all-white, and often unconsciously insensitive family."

Therapists have recommended that Cramblett, Zinkon and Payton move to a more a racially diverse community with good schools, the lawsuit said.

Cramblett said she decided to sue to prevent the sperm bank from making the same mistake again. The lawsuit says the sperm bank has no electronic record-keeping and no quality controls that would have prevented it from sending the wrong sperm to fertility clinics.

The lawsuit seeks a minimum of $50,000 in damages. Cramblett's attorney, Tim Misny, said some of the compensation would pay for ongoing counseling.

"I thought you people were supposed to be.........."
    That thing looks like Gary Busy's tomboy lesbian sister.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

this has been all over the news here...so these women say that their problem is that the predominantly white town of Uniontown will not accept their mixed race child

well I know a few people from Uniontown and I don't think the town is predominantly same sex couples with children so i have to wonder, why weren't these mothers concerned that their child would be singled out for being a child with two mommies, but they are concerned that their child will be singled out for being mixed race

I think in this day and age biracial children are a bit ho hum...but two mommies? that still gathers attention in small towns in Ohio

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    They sound very open minded and accepting.
    Unfortunately, many minority groups only want people to be open minded and accepting of them and their beliefs, not vice versa.

I know, makes me a sexist, racist, homophobic boogey man. Just my observation of how people act.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 18,159 Times in 8,975 Posts

Looks like a white dude to me...I don't see the problem.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

And the moral of the story? Next time try being impregnated the old fashion way! At least then you'll be sure you get the correct "color scheme" you were going for!
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton