Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Blackstone Killer Mom Erika Murrays Mentally Insane Defense Is Bull$%it

    http://turtleboysports.com/2014/09/1...t-in-jail-too/


    So this whole thing thats going on in Blackstone right now might be the most insane story Ive ever heard. In case you havent seen in the news heres a run down of whats known:

    • Erika Murray and her boyfriend Ray Rivera lived what appeared to be a normal life with their two kids, aged 13 and 10, in the small town of Blackstone MA.
    • In their house were two other living children aged 3 and 6 months. No one apparently knew they existed.
    • The six month old girl is not reacting well to sunlight because she likely have never been outside. She also does not hold onto people when she is held, which indicates that she has never had human contact before.
    • The three year old child had long hair that had never been cut. When he was discovered he was sitting in a bed, badly sunken from being soaked by his own feces and urine. He cannot communicate or talk.
    • When the children were discovered it was determined that they were starving.
    • The house had no electricity or running water.
    • Several skeletons of dead cats and dogs were found in the house.
    • The house was infested with maggots and other vermin. Soiled diapers were stacked up to the ceiling.
    • The children were discovered by a neighbor whose 13 year old son is friends with the 10 year old boy that lived in the house. She was tipped off when she asked her how do you stop a baby from crying.
    • The 10 year old told the neighbor that he had a popsicle for breakfast and was hungry.
    • The neighbor went to the house and the ten year old told her the two other children were not his siblings, and that his mother was baby sitting them.
    • Upon leaving the house the neighbor confronted Erika Murray who was just arriving home. Murray told her, I dont know why youre upset. I only left them alone for two hours. (which is perfectly fucking normal apparently)
    • When the police arrived they found a locked door in the childs bedroom which they kicked in, causing an unbearable smell to emerge. Later in hazmat suits officers discovered the remains of at least three other deceased children. Their ages and identities are unknown.
    • Murray has been arrested. Her boyfriend, Ray Rivera, who is her childrens father, has not.
    • Murrays lawyer is claiming that his client has a mental illness.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,986
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Likes
    815
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Jesus....

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,640
    Last Online

    06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Likes
    1,188
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Un-fucking-believable.

    I don't know why, but I'm always surprised (a little) when there is more than one person involved. So the woman is fucked up and lives this way. The boyfriend, who is obviously fucked up as well, just accepts this treatment of these kids and goes along with it? And, isn't that smell over-bearing?

    Of course, I don't know all the details of the case beyond what is written above. What a sickening story.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,645
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Likes
    572
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    How could anyone be so callous to a child? There's a find line between "mental issues" and pure evil.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,640
    Last Online

    06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Likes
    1,188
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    How could anyone be so callous to a child?
    I don't know. And I hope no one else is able to answer that question.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,986
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Likes
    815
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Un-fucking-believable.

    I don't know why, but I'm always surprised (a little) when there is more than one person involved. So the woman is fucked up and lives this way. The boyfriend, who is obviously fucked up as well, just accepts this treatment of these kids and goes along with it? And, isn't that smell over-bearing?

    Of course, I don't know all the details of the case beyond what is written above. What a sickening story.
    This part I can speak to. It's called olfactory fatigue. Your body does it so it doesn't become overwhelmed and it can respond to new stimuli. Most normal people probably recognize it, though they don't think about it, when they walk into a restaurant and the food smell is overwhelming, but then that fades away.

    I read an article once about lots of things, but part of it was how Febreze was a dud product in the mid 90s. It was originally odorless and colorless and was meant to be sprayed on something that smells and make it odorless. When scientists went to research how it was used, they went to a woman's house who had nine cats who hung out in the living room. The woman was a neat freak, but when the researchers walked into the living room, it hit them like a ton of bricks. One of them gagged. They asked her how she dealt with the smell. She told them how wonderful it was that they didn't smell.

    In their research, Febreze realized that the people who needed their product the most didn't know they needed it.

    Just to quickly finish the story now that I am in it, they realized that cleaning was a habit already established by the product's users. The people who did use it sprayed it after they were done cleaning, like a reward. They added scents to the formula, changed their ads to show it as a reward for cleaning, and Febreze was a hit.

    At least this is a normal thing. What they did to those kids, well, I think I said what could be said above. Jesus....

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,645
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Likes
    572
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    This part I can speak to. It's called olfactory fatigue. Your body does it so it doesn't become overwhelmed and it can respond to new stimuli. Most normal people probably recognize it, though they don't think about it, when they walk into a restaurant and the food smell is overwhelming, but then that fades away.

    I read an article once about lots of things, but part of it was how Febreze was a dud product in the mid 90s. It was originally odorless and colorless and was meant to be sprayed on something that smells and make it odorless. When scientists went to research how it was used, they went to a woman's house who had nine cats who hung out in the living room. The woman was a neat freak, but when the researchers walked into the living room, it hit them like a ton of bricks. One of them gagged. They asked her how she dealt with the smell. She told them how wonderful it was that they didn't smell.

    In their research, Febreze realized that the people who needed their product the most didn't know they needed it.

    Just to quickly finish the story now that I am in it, they realized that cleaning was a habit already established by the product's users. The people who did use it sprayed it after they were done cleaning, like a reward. They added scents to the formula, changed their ads to show it as a reward for cleaning, and Febreze was a hit.

    At least this is a normal thing. What they did to those kids, well, I think I said what could be said above. Jesus....
    It's supposed to be a reward for cleaning? In college it was my substitute for doing the laundry.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,986
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Likes
    815
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    It's supposed to be a reward for cleaning? In college it was my substitute for doing the laundry.
    Ha! I didn't bring it up to derail the thread, I just wanted to explain how I learned about olfactory fatigue and I thought it was an interesting tidbit.

    Scientists realize we all have habits. There is a cue, then the habit, then we have a reward. For exercise, the cue could be your workout shoes and clothes laid out the night before that you wake up to each morning. Then the habit is to work out. The reward could be dessert at dinner time or it could be the fact that you're losing weight.

    What happened was, due to olfactory fatigue, people living with awful smells didn't smell them. So what did they need Febreze for?

    So with the help of research and a new add campaign (and with a scent), they aimed to become part of the cue-habit-reward loop. The cue might be the frustration of a dirty kitchen, so then it gets cleaned, and the Febreze--with its fresh scent--is the reward.

    ANYWAY, this fucking lady is awful and should be put away for a loooooong time. The worst part about it is that these kids are now more likely to grow up and abuse their kids. Just all kinds of awful. I almost don't even want to think about it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Insane Killer Escapes On Field Trip To County Fair
    By Jesus H Christ in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09.21.09, 06:24 AM
  2. Bill Murray: Drunken driving in a golf cart?
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08.29.07, 10:35 PM
  3. Bill Murray/Caddy Shack American Chopper
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08.04.06, 11:57 AM
  4. Erika Dawn
    By Hotlantadude1981 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02.20.06, 10:23 AM
  5. Death Penalty - Mentally Disabled
    By Van Gully in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04.04.01, 05:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •