Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Default 9/11 Anniversary

So the 13th anniversary of 9/11 is upon us and we're going back to war... Again.

We still don't have all the answers of what happened that day and who may have supported the terrorists who attacked us.

President George W. Bush censored 28 pages of the 9/11 report—an entire section said to describe the involvement of specific foreign governments in the attacks. After reading it, Congressman Thomas Massie described the experience as “disturbing” and said, “I had to stop every two or three pages and rearrange my perception of history…it’s that fundamental.”

In the interest of achieving justice for victims and preventing future attacks, knowledge of foreign government involvement in 9/11 must be shared with the American people…and with the world.

Please contact your representative to support House Resolution 428 to declassify the 28 pages of the 9/11 report so the American people have a better understanding of who aided the terrorists in committing this horrible act.

www.28pages.org

Great summary of what may be in those 28 redacted pages...

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...e-911-attacks/
    Last edited by fast98dodge; 09.10.14 at 10:01 PM.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Pretty simple. Always has been. Those fuckers.You know, the same types that lop off heads left and right today and have been forever. Yeah those animals. They hijacked some God damn fuckin jets and flew them into some "random" buildings. Fuck em all! Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 1,461 Times in 897 Posts

Let us never forget this day.

God Bless the USA!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:42 AM
    Liked 739 Times in 407 Posts

Premium Member

I'll never forget that day. I can still remember watching the events unfold in horror.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 2,379 Times in 1,485 Posts

Premium Member

Track 5 as usual summed it up.....RIP
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 06:47 AM
    Liked 4,787 Times in 2,441 Posts

Premium Member

I will say this.

The days and weeks that immediately followed 9-11 were probably the last ones I felt confidence in a President. I remember being so proud of Bush on that rubble making that speech. After that, we focused on Iraq and shit went downhill.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:16 PM
    Liked 18,054 Times in 8,923 Posts

Great point. I was proud he was our President during the aftermath.

Until he went crazy.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Living in So Cal one thing that really struck me hard the night of 9/11 was that when I looked up in the sky as I do every night, there were no planes anywhere. To give you some perspective, in So Cal you can look up in the night sky and pick out at least 20 planes at any given time.... it was something I had never seen in all the years I have lived here.

I never have and never will look at an arab the same since that day, no matter how rascist or predjudiced that may sound.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Punch View Post
    I never have and never will look at an arab the same since that day, no matter how rascist or predjudiced that may sound.
    Yup, pretty racist. Pretty fucked up thing to type.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:29 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Dick doesn't pull any Punches.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LLFHS View Post
    Yup, pretty racist. Pretty fucked up thing to type.
    NOT ONE FUCK GIVEN. NOPE. I should elaborate further though, I have never looked at muslims the same.
    Last edited by Dick Punch; 09.11.14 at 08:07 AM.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 1,962 Times in 1,362 Posts

I was working for the California State Government near the State Capitol in Sacramento. Everyone still came into work like normal, but a decision was made by the Governor to get out of any Government office buildings as the Capitol building might be a target. Pretty Surreal. That was around 10 am or so Pacific time.

Spent that evening at the Local Ice Rink, where I also worked part time, watching CNN on the big screen TVs. We still held hockey classes and Adult Leagues that night. It was kind of strange.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:08 PM
    Liked 11,719 Times in 6,493 Posts

Premium Member

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

adkot
    Favorite VH Song

she's the woman/hbsd
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:03 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 106 Posts

My karma just ran over your dogma

Love 'em all I says
    Let Cupid sort 'em out

https://www.facebook.com/debra.browne.3114

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 3,107 Times in 1,819 Posts

Premium Member

9/11 was indirectly responsible for me growing from a dumbass kid to someone with a point of view and understanding of terrorism and US policy.

Being in SoCal, and working at a music store that didn't open until 10am, I was asleep when the first plane hit. I was 22 and living at my parents' house. They came into my room to wake me up. I can't remember now whether or not they came in again just after or just before the second plane, but either way I saw the second plane hit either live in or a replay not long after it hit. That was around 6am Pacific time. I probably fell back asleep. I had to be to work at 10am. The owner of the store brought a TV to the store and set it up on the guitar work bench. It was a slow day, and we spent a lot of time talking and watching.

My most vivid memories are of watching the devastation with my friends and talking about being scared and generally just talking about life as a young man where America is actually vulnerable to major attacks. We never had reason to think of that at our age.

Through sheer happenstance, I had decided to go back to community college in the summer of 2001. My first class was a quarter class, starting in Fall, PoliSci 101. And I was lucky. The teacher was an expert in terrorism, having traveled the country to speak about it and been published in multiple major publications. He was highly involved in model UN. I got a basic understanding of politics, but also terrorism and al-Qaida, which he'd been studying before most of us knew their name. He created a class at the CC called Terrorism and the United Nations, and you could take it twice for credit, due to changing curriculum. So I took it twice. It was only available on Friday nights, 6pm-10pm--so I had to be interested in it. Later at the University, I took International Relations from a CIA consultant, and Constitutional Law before I changed my major to English.

But what is most vivid in my mind about 9/11 is talking to my ex girlfriend about it a few years ago. She was in high school at the time (of the attack, not when we talked about it, creeps), and my dad taught at the school she attended. So I know that teachers were told not to turn on their TVs. My dad said, "Fuck that. This is history," and left his on all day. But most teachers didn't. Her parents aren't news watchers, so by 2012 or so, she still wasn't clear on anything other than the twin towers were attacked.

So we sat down at the computer and we watched film. I explained to her what terrorism is, why it is used, who attacked us, and we watched the planes hit. We watched people jump from the buildings. We watched footage from people fleeing the debris.

And she spontaneously burst into tears. And that is 9/11 to me. Years after the fact, if you explain to someone what happened who didn't know, it's overwhelming grief that you feel. Her tears told the story, for me, of what America felt and still feels about that day. Obviously I wasn't in NY and I didn't know anyone affected. That is obviously worse. But we were all rallied and you and the country. It affected us all.

Nowadays, everyone has an HD video recorder in their pockets. I am almost glad 9/11 didn't happen during modern times. I am not sure how much more intimate footage I could handle.