Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    44
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    35,798
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 06:36 PM
    Likes
    1,536
    Liked 7,715 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Default Mike Tyson berates Toronto TV host

    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/10...oronto-tv-host


    so Tyson is on live tv promoting his one man show tonight and things, well, didn't go as planned.


  2. #2
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,811
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 04:56 PM
    Likes
    2,092
    Liked 2,503 Times in 1,559 Posts

    Default

    wow someone was asleep at the three second delay board weren't they LOL

    you know, Mike was there to promote a show he was doing, and this guy brings up the mayoral race and points a finger at Tyson for perhaps negatively influencing voters? I'm with Tyson...I'm sick of the "people say" or "people have said" line of questioning....what people? anonymous posters on newspaper forums? who cares what "they" say? These anonymous call in or anonymous forum posters are getting way too much attention for their opinions.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    60
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,549
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 01:38 PM
    Likes
    5,025
    Liked 2,708 Times in 1,695 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    How did he even get into Canada as a convicted sex offender if people with PBJ for a DUI can't? $$$$$
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    3,183
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 04:47 PM
    Likes
    894
    Liked 1,143 Times in 569 Posts

    Default

    The interviewer is lucky that Mike didn't bite his ear off or punch the hell out of him.

  5. #5
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,913
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 08:51 AM
    Likes
    137
    Liked 224 Times in 138 Posts

    It's all about using your brain and having class before opening your mouth! Something that interviewer, and some others seem to lack. I haven't seen Mike lose it like that in years. I thought he was mellower now, but he is still the same Iron Mike.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! Jesus H Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.20.07
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,930
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love Again
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 04:40 AM
    Likes
    968
    Liked 1,785 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    Mike Tyson IS a convicted rapist. If he doesn't want people to ask about it, he should stay home and stare at the wall.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

  7. #7
    Gird your loins Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    57
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    13,811
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    05.23.18 @ 04:56 PM
    Likes
    2,092
    Liked 2,503 Times in 1,559 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    How did he even get into Canada as a convicted sex offender if people with PBJ for a DUI can't? $$$$$
    geez I hadn't even thought of that. That's a good point.

  8. #8
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    44
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    35,798
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 06:36 PM
    Likes
    1,536
    Liked 7,715 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    How did he even get into Canada as a convicted sex offender if people with PBJ for a DUI can't? $$$$$
    Canada and the US have a program that allows people to apply for temp resident permits to go over the border. This is needed to ensure the continuation of pro sports and for musicians to get over the border and back home again.

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.01.99
    Age
    47
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,355
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 11:58 AM
    Likes
    511
    Liked 801 Times in 446 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    wow someone was asleep at the three second delay board weren't they LOL

    you know, Mike was there to promote a show he was doing, and this guy brings up the mayoral race and points a finger at Tyson for perhaps negatively influencing voters? I'm with Tyson...I'm sick of the "people say" or "people have said" line of questioning....what people? anonymous posters on newspaper forums? who cares what "they" say? These anonymous call in or anonymous forum posters are getting way too much attention for their opinions.
    Tyson was at Fords office to endorse him for mayor...so it shouldn't be surprising to him that it was brought up.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,679
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    05.11.18 @ 06:48 PM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 193 Times in 109 Posts

    Default

    This interview reminds me of when that asshole Jim Grey interviewed Pete Rose after the ceremony of the 50 best baseball players deal. Grey asked Pete about betting on baseball, and Pete said he was there to celebrate and take in the ceremony. Why do interviewers insist on bringing up shit that happened many years ago during a moment when someone is promoting or trying to just take in a great moment? These type of interviewers just suck the energy out of a great moment, IMO.
    Just go for it!

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,910
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 07:26 PM
    Likes
    1,005
    Liked 3,588 Times in 2,107 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I suppose it is valid questioning if you want a certain reaction. But this guy seemed offended that Mike was offended. What did he think was going to happen? He was going to get an eloquent soliloquy out of Mike Tyson?

    IMO, Tyson paid his price to society, he apparently hasn't done it again, so maybe we should always keep in mind what he did, but also realize that this is what we hope happens after someone commits a crime, especially one as awful as rape, and is released from prison. They clean up their act and become better humans. Isn't that a good thing? Actor Danny Trejo was facing the death penalty after the Cinco de Mayo riots at San Quentin in 1968, but got off on a technicality. Should he always be asked whether or not acting in a film with him is giving your tacit approval to attempting to kill cops? Of course not. He's not that guy anymore. And that's a very good thing.

    If the reporter wanted to bring up Tyson's rape in a constructive and compelling way, he should have asked if Tyson gave Rob Ford any advice about reforming oneself after hitting rock bottom for going to prison for rape, getting into drugs, and kicking them.

    Instead, he hit him with a below the belt question during a puff piece.

  12. #12
    Forum Frontman fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    39
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,661
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes
    1,369
    Liked 6,675 Times in 3,327 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    All things considered I think mike did a good job controlling himself. I would've knocked his ass out.


    It's gonna be 15 degrees Mike. Bundle up.

  13. #13
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    44
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    35,798
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    05.24.18 @ 06:36 PM
    Likes
    1,536
    Liked 7,715 Times in 4,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I suppose it is valid questioning if you want a certain reaction. But this guy seemed offended that Mike was offended. What did he think was going to happen? He was going to get an eloquent soliloquy out of Mike Tyson?

    IMO, Tyson paid his price to society, he apparently hasn't done it again, so maybe we should always keep in mind what he did, but also realize that this is what we hope happens after someone commits a crime, especially one as awful as rape, and is released from prison. They clean up their act and become better humans. Isn't that a good thing? Actor Danny Trejo was facing the death penalty after the Cinco de Mayo riots at San Quentin in 1968, but got off on a technicality. Should he always be asked whether or not acting in a film with him is giving your tacit approval to attempting to kill cops? Of course not. He's not that guy anymore. And that's a very good thing.

    If the reporter wanted to bring up Tyson's rape in a constructive and compelling way, he should have asked if Tyson gave Rob Ford any advice about reforming oneself after hitting rock bottom for going to prison for rape, getting into drugs, and kicking them.

    Instead, he hit him with a below the belt question during a puff piece.
    excellent points.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Tyson Returns Evander Holyfield's Ear
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11.22.13, 05:56 AM
  2. French President berates U.S. photographers on NH lake...
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08.06.07, 05:44 PM
  3. Mike Tyson wants to do Bollywood movies
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06.05.07, 12:01 PM
  4. Mike Tyson arrested...again...
    By fast98dodge in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12.30.06, 09:06 AM
  5. Mike Tyson Knockouts!
    By YankeeRose in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02.17.05, 04:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •